Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469787554.495454.jpg
Picked this up in the US around this time last year.

Epic Stone Hammer IPA

10/10 - ******* brilliant beer.

Aromatics at the top level with Mosaic dominant, citra and simcoe supporting cast.

Super balance ABV and bitterness.

WOW!!!

:icon_drool2:
EPIC Hammer IPA.jpg

Hard to believe it tastes different from the bottle than it does the tap. At a function, bloke at the table shouts a round seeing I'm drinking Draught because it was that or Dry or XXXX Gold. Brewery Fresh.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469879303.490737.jpg

Tonight it was 4 Pines Imperial IPA and Double Cascadian. Bothe very drinkable beers for the ABV.

Just had a pirate life nz pale ale and rocks brewing brown ale. Both really good beers. I'm glad I have a good local pub near me. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1470279618.714987.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1470279630.497261.jpg

I'll be back tomorrow to try Sierra Nevada hoptimun iipa 10.4% need the misses to drop me off for that one.

Nice tap list ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1470279773.098781.jpg

Have you tried the Prickly Moses chardonnay IPA?
Beer blended with wine. Something you dont see every day. At least not in the same glass.

Dave70 said:
Have you tried the Prickly Moses chardonnay IPA?
Beer blended with wine. Something you dont see every day. At least not in the same glass.
Yea I tried that at warners bay beer festival last year it was towards the end of the day but I remember it being wierd and very much Chardonnay like. Not sure I could drink a schooner of it. Saying that it was near the end of the day.

The barmaid told me today a homebrewer called in yesterday and had 3 schooners of the iipa. Musta been thirsty.

Made it out to Murray's on Saturday, first one is their Mosaic SMASH. It was good, but I think I'd prefer it in combination with some other hops.

Second photo is Fred IPA in foreground and Blood Orange IPA in the back. I had the spicy chicken wings with blue cheese sauce and the IPAs were perfect accompaniment, the hoppy goodness cutting through the grease and heat of the wings really nicely.

SMASH.jpg

Fred and blood moon.jpg

Then backed it up on Sunday with a trip to Block and Tackle on the Central Coast.

Memory is a little hazy, however, right to left is golden ale, amber ale, porter and a collab brew with Six Strings, smoked milk stout.

Also had their pale and belgian wheat beers. Well worth the trip, my favourites were the Belgian wheat and the collab brew. Sadly they were out of their English Bitter as I would have liked to try that.

Picked up a bottle of their 1st anniversary RIS that I'll put away for a while and probably enjoy next winter.

BandT.jpg

Absolutely delicious, best beer I've had all year. Beautiful complexity and balance between malt, sour and wood. Back to the bottleo today to see if they have any more left...

IMG_20160810_172114.jpg

A mate dropped this one round a while ago and I cracked it this afternoon. I have to say it came as a pleasant surprise and it was the perfect beer for after a few hours of working in the garden..

There was quite a bit of hop flavour to it and I was surprised to read it was all Saaz. I've brewed with Saaz before and not had much fop flavour come through. Might have to look into a recipe for this one.

TP.JPG

Back