Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fraser's BRB said:
A mate dropped this one round a while ago and I cracked it this afternoon. I have to say it came as a pleasant surprise and it was the perfect beer for after a few hours of working in the garden..

There was quite a bit of hop flavour to it and I was surprised to read it was all Saaz. I've brewed with Saaz before and not had much fop flavour come through. Might have to look into a recipe for this one.
Not according to their website: Pacific Jade, Motueka, Riwaka, Nelson Sauvin

Black n Tan said:
Not according to their website: Pacific Jade, Motueka, Riwaka, Nelson Sauvin
Interesting. I was only going off what was on the label. That would explain it though.

I had the Pirate Life/Tomfoolery collaboration beer last night, Cervesa Negra. OMG, I died an went to heaven. Almost better than sex.

Duvel in a wanker glass.

20160820_210157.jpg

I had my first go at the Pirate Life Pale Ale over the weekend and I now understand the hype. Probably my new favourite commercial beer - what a beauty!!

Dave70 said:
Icky. Glad she only wanted to share one bottle.

20160820_190000_zpsnbr5znwk.jpg
Didn't need a camera tripod in the frame to guess who can take fine photos...

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Didn't need a camera tripod in the frame to guess who can take fine photos...
I only need to control camera shake before I start drinking..

7 years ago today, a great man was taken from our family. My uncle was a great and generous man but for the longest time growing up I was frightened of him. He was a big scary man.

I discovered far too late that he wasn't that scary and in fact was full of information and always there to help without hesitation.

Tonight I drink to my Uncle David and remember the good times. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1471861221.583621.jpg

DU99 said:
Wizard's Smith's ale..it was only available in tasmania,got mine from liquorland in cairnlea(vic)
My brother brought me back this bar runner from Tasmania some years ago. Never had the beer, always just thought it was a cool name.

WS bar runner.JPG

Just finished off a Wizard Smith's, so no pic! Nice, mostly.

It's was over carbed which gave it a harsh bite, but I think it was probably still a bit too bitter for the fairly light body. Overall nice, a bit of malt sweetness came through after it warmed up, but could have had more hop presence... y'know, just a little bit snuck in at flameout. :D

BKBrews said:
I had my first go at the Pirate Life Pale Ale over the weekend and I now understand the hype. Probably my new favourite commercial beer - what a beauty!!
You need to try their Cervesa Negra.

That is a beer at a whole 'nother level.

Tried Balter Alt Brown + XPA last night-the brown tasted similar to Old but more subdued(say 3/4 of the flavour).XPA was quite nice-sweet but hoppy flavour-although not a huge amount of bitterness =both easy drinking + would try again.

image.jpeg

Lager Bloke said:
Tried Balter Alt Brown + XPA last night-the brown tasted similar to Old but more subdued(say 3/4 of the flavour).XPA was quite nice-sweet but hoppy flavour-although not a huge amount of bitterness =both easy drinking + would try again.
I didn't mind the XPA, but I couldn't drink too many of them! That fruitiness/sweetness comes through like a steam train.

I just bought a case of the Gage Roads Atomic Pale Ale, as it was one of the first beers I tried as I started getting into craft beer. I liked it at the time, but my tastes have changed a bit. It's still an easy sessionable drink, but it's not what I remember (I guess my tastes are changing). Quite a light colour and flavours to match. I've really been enjoying my American IPAs, but have found the darker (such as Hop Thief) to be more my preference.

Thinking a red IPA may have to be next on the to brew list

image.jpeg

I love my homebrew, I love craft beer, I love my belgian ales, and everything with weird and wonderful flavours and ingredients....
But I still enjoy a Tooheys Old. (but I couldn't be arsed posting a pic).

Latest posts

Back