Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Balter XPA.

Decent beer,good aroma at first, drinkable.

Will I buy it again. Nope.

WP_20160826_16_41_25_Pro.jpg

Imported from Victory Brewing.

Prima Pils

Excellent example of a Pilsner.

WP_20160827_13_26_14_Pro.jpg

Naked!

Sailors Grave Brewing - Berliner Weisse waiting for a label
Very tasty indeed - lots of Mandarin, 4% and a beautifully crafted and balanced beer, could just smash these in summer or anytime. I'm not just saying that because I help out there on occasion :ph34r:

Father's Day present.

Old Fart ESB

IMG_6436.jpg

Sweet malty, biscuity flavour but finishes dry.
Bitter orange flavour from I'm guessing Challenger hops.
Nice subtle esters from the yeast.

I'm a fan of this beer !

Some OG Budweiser, complainant in the longest running breach of copyright case in the world.

So clear, like looking through coloured glass. Tasty too. Nice one Aldi.

Budvar.JPG

madpierre06 said:
Haven't cracked mine yet.
It's better than the standard we had, and if my memory goes back that far better than the iris too.

Just layers and layers of complexity. I know it's just a basic malt bill but it was leaning towards a flanders style the complexity was so great.

Very dry, sour cherry with plenty of funk. Not even in the top 50 rate beer for fruit lambics which is suprising.

Sailors Grave Brewing

Drowned Man IPA - a session IPA @ 4.8% nice and juicy

IMAG0836.jpg

Almanac Saison de Brettaville. Aged in white wine barrels. Not a bad drop.

TheWiggman said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1472196303.216339.jpg

Moon Dog's Mack Daddy - Righto I'm not sure if there's something wrong with me but this has to be a bad batch. It was so citrusy that it was lemon-sour. It had some melon character about it but was puckering, almost had an apple-like bite. No roast or malt to speak of, which is wrong for a dark beer. I had to tip it, it was very unenjoyable. Anyone else had this? I'm considering returning it.
Yep. My bottles the same. Trying to see how they can call it a dark ale. If they called it 'Lemon Black Ale' then I reckon it'd be spot on. Is this heavily loaded with Sorachi ace hops?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1473495529.203631.jpg

Belgian wheat taste off because I have a Bacchus Cougar Wit fermenting away with 3944.

Much prefer Hoegaarden [emoji4][emoji108]

droid said:
Sailors Grave Brewing

Drowned Man IPA - a session IPA @ 4.8% nice and juicy
4.8% makes for a pretty short 'session'. 4.8% ABV is what the gubberment use as the cut off to define full strength beer

Today I had:
- 4 pines Seasonal IPA no 1
- Young Henry's Newtowner Ale
- Willie the Boatman Trailer Ale
- prancing pony (or whatever it is) American pale ale

Loved the young Henry's and the 4 pines, both of the others were extremely average.

Monster of a beer! thoroughly enjoyable carrying monstrous hop character with aplomb.1473931030361.jpg Heretic brewings evil cousin

Latest posts

Back