Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I like it too. Very smooth but Im not sure what the double refers to. I like the IPA too although out of the 3 ive had of the IPA 1 was fantastic and the other 2 where ok. Depends which dans you buy em from I think.

i think I've got some notes somewhere from a tasting ill dig them out tomorrow.

20160721_174425.jpgbought a couple of these
very nice indeed

Mornington Nitro ESB

The first measly can only lasted a couple of swallows, so another was quickly found.
And that's a good measure of a decent Bitter/ESB right there...frighteningly easy to drink !
Low carb, smooth, malty (toffee and a bit of toast), then hop bitterness and earthy flavour. Very good ESB.

Schlenkerla Fastenbier

Never had this one before (other than last night). Love the Marzen, Eiche and Urbock (especially the latter), and this is another great beer. It's closest to the Marzen.
Higher carb and bitterness than the last two, but less alcohol, body and sweetness. The smoke is still there, obviously, but I definately prefer it with the extra malt backing of the Urbock.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had this a few hours after the PL ipa and boom, a real American IPA from America. Clean, aromatic simcoe/crystal hops and full, I mean full of flavour.

Big Sky IPA

WP_20160717_19_57_20_Pro.jpg

Continuous Daryl Imperial IPA.

Abv and hop balance was spot on. Aromatic combo of Amarillo, Mosaic and Sorachi ace which I couldn't pick.

Pretty tasty, need more like this.

WP_20160722_19_56_05_Pro.jpg

Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA.

It was out of date and still pungent aroma and quality flavoured beer.

I rate this better than Ballast Point Sculpin.

WP_20160723_20_26_49_Pro.jpg

Went to my spot on Saturday and felt like something big. He just got these in and as a ruination fan couldn't say no. Very similar to ruination but with the dank turned up even more stones ruinten triple ipa image.jpeg

James Squire Hop Thief #8
Screenshot_20160725-122511.png

#6 was great, #7 was a good go to beer and #8 is once again, a solid effort.

Not had a beer with Crystal hops before so am enjoying the new (to me) flavour. Seems to be more Crystal than Cascade in this beer.

To me trying to understand hop flavours that are described to you is like trying to understand sex. You can use all sorts of descriptors, emotions and euphemisms but until you've tried the real thing you won't understand.

Red trolley ale.

Reminds me it the philosophy book, would you kill the fat man.

Hite Black Beer Stout lager type - that's what it says on the label.

Actually a slightly roastier Schwartzbier with the rice and slight diacetyl twang typical of most modern Asian breweries.

Actually a really decent quaffing black beer.

Back