Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Aldi to get some Disan yesterday, and they had Guiness 4 packs for a tenner each.

Well, who's to resist that.

Come tonight, i tried one of them, and, without being a know it all tosser and all that, it was not as good as what I have on tap.

My beers have a nice malt backbone, hops flavour, and a bit of presence.

Not saying it was rubbish at all, as many like it, just that it didnt meet my expectations.

Three left to go.

WILDE Gluten free Pale Ale
2014 silver medal Australian international beer awards.

Brewed right here in Newcastle

1437213180586.jpg

Had a stone&wood pacific ale on tap at Y&J tonight. Actually a bit disappointed. Nice aroma but lacking in backbone. I know its aimed a bit at mass market but really seemed a bit thin. Having said that probably a poor choice for a chilly Melbourne evening.
Last time I had one was about 4yr ago in the middle of Brizzy summer- it certainly hit the spot then.

Mr B said:
I went to Aldi to get some Disan yesterday, and they had Guiness 4 packs for a tenner each.

Well, who's to resist that.

Come tonight, i tried one of them, and, without being a know it all tosser and all that, it was not as good as what I have on tap.

My beers have a nice malt backbone, hops flavour, and a bit of presence.

Not saying it was rubbish at all, as many like it, just that it didnt meet my expectations.

Three left to go.
I've always thought it a hugely overrated beer.

[attachment=81938:ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1437217821.576509.jpg

Moon dog Imperial RedskinStout. Far out! What a bloody good beer. Really taste the Redskins. Tastes just like the choc berry big M from years ago. $10 for a 330ml bottle! Very nice all the same.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1437217821.576509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1437217821.576509.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 25
Nomad Brewing Co. Jetlag IPA . Very nice not a gusher but very foamy on first pour. 55IBU nice and bitter with quite a Grapefruit hop flavour. This is the best Australian made IPA I have had so far highly recommended for hopheads.

nomad.png

Got my hands on this bad boy from Dans. The oil is definitely detectable and makes for a different mouthfeel, very light gold colour, not sure what i was expecting it to taste like but its very similar to Punk IPA with a more resiny taste at the back. Slightly underwhelmed tbh, not a bad beer by any means but nothing remarkable.
HopHunter4.jpg

that does look bloody clear. I've got a 6 pack in the fridge for tonight, looking forward to it

Hope the pic worked. I thought this beer was fermented solely with brett. Turns out it has brett added but as far as I can gather its a standard ale strain in primary. Anyway it should be decent, when I get home from picking the kids up I'll crack it.

image.jpg

^ it's pretty nice. Grab their 'helios' saison if you see it, it's fantastic (and bretty up the wazoo)

It's ******* awesome!.

Will do mate. I've got a brett IPA going so I tipped the dregs in. Brett IPA is a great idea. Hops + brett is good :)

Have had and enjoyed the Moonshine and Hatlifter (I hear they changed the name from the obvious alyternate piece of clothing), really enjoyable beers for mine.

Haven't posted on this site for a very lone time, but had to share this one. About to crack into this bad boy after dinner...

The story of the Four Horsemen is a collab between four of NZs top craft brewers...
Luke from Epic, Steve from Hallertau, Joe from Liberty and Kelly from Fork Brewer (formally of Epic, Good George & Thornbridge).

A collab done once a year for the past few years, in an attempt to make the biggest and baddest IPA in NZ. This year is the first time it has been bottled.

A 14% IIIPA...

Will let you know my thoughts once consumed, if it doesn't put me on my ear!

St. Stefanus Blonde Abbey Ale in big bottle better than half price from Dan's Online with free shipping $50.00 for 6

Very Very nice Belgan beer lovely yeasty character.

st stefanus.jpg

Salt said:
Haven't posted on this site for a very lone time, but had to share this one. About to crack into this bad boy after dinner...

The story of the Four Horsemen is a collab between four of NZs top craft brewers...
Luke from Epic, Steve from Hallertau, Joe from Liberty and Kelly from Fork Brewer (formally of Epic, Good George & Thornbridge).

A collab done once a year for the past few years, in an attempt to make the biggest and baddest IPA in NZ. This year is the first time it has been bottled.

A 14% IIIPA...

Will let you know my thoughts once consumed, if it doesn't put me on my ear!
Super envious!! How was it?

Had Young Henry's hop ale last night. Was a little disappointed. It's pretty much an IPA without being called an American or English IPA. 60ibu and 6% ABV. The beer I had was pretty much all bitterness with no apparent flavour or aroma, this I can jut put down to an old bottle, possibly. However the thing was that aside from having 6 or 7 different malts the beer was not all that interesting.

Hoping that the real ale is good, it won an award overseas last year I think.

Latest posts

Back