Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EkpX7MV.jpg

Founders Dirty ******* Scotch Ale.

First time I have had this and just wow. So much flavour in one mouthful. 7 types of malt, 50 IBU and 8.5 ABV.
Pretty exy, I paid $35 for a 6pack but man so worth it

welly2 said:
Every beer I've had described as a "summer ale" has always been a bland, weak, tasteless disappointment.

Example, and probably not a good one but had a bottle of this over the weekend:

XXXX%20Summer%20Bright%20Lager.png

I know it's XXXX and I shouldn't expect anything great from them anyway but honestly, it literally tasted of nothing. I'm not exaggerating, it really had absolutely no flavour at all. I've had a few other summer ales and lagers in the past and same thing - no flavour to speak of. Call me controversial but I fail to see the point of making a beer that tastes of nothing.

Then they have achieved precisely the result they were after...nothing there which can offend and therefore turn anyone off drinking it. The perfect commercial beer.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1436601776.047454.jpg
Beautiful stout from Young's. Hints of licorice and chocolate. Some underlying bitterness. I wouldn't mind more roast, but I do love a fair bit of roast in my stout.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1436610448.791684.jpg
Wow. The most amazing stout aroma I've ever experienced. Smells like coffee tequila.

Solid stout.

Recommended.

Danwood said:
I'm all over the Creatures this evening.

I really love their IPA. Toffee malt and marmalade hops, winning combo.

And the Dread for afters. Tried a bottle the other day, also very good.

The IPA is their best regular IMO, probably tied with Dread for my affections.

Hmm, malty/hops VS malty/roast....FIGHT !

Finally got some Return of the Dread in our local Dan's and must say mighty impressed probably one of the best stouts I have had in Australia nice and roasty and very smooth a great winter drink. Hope it remains on the regular brew schedule and not seasonal. 4 packs and price though WTF.

Pity the rest of the LC range is so insipid and expensive.

Tropical_Brews said:
Finally got some Return of the Dread in our local Dan's and must say mighty impressed probably one of the best stouts I have had in Australia nice and roasty and very smooth a great winter drink. Hope it remains on the regular brew schedule and not seasonal. 4 packs and price though WTF.

Pity the rest of the LC range is so insipid and expensive.
How good is it

1437017294683.jpg

welly2 said:
Every beer I've had described as a "summer ale" has always been a bland, weak, tasteless disappointment.

Example, and probably not a good one but had a bottle of this over the weekend:

XXXX%20Summer%20Bright%20Lager.png

I know it's XXXX and I shouldn't expect anything great from them anyway but honestly, it literally tasted of nothing. I'm not exaggerating, it really had absolutely no flavour at all. I've had a few other summer ales and lagers in the past and same thing - no flavour to speak of. Call me controversial but I fail to see the point of making a beer that tastes of nothing.

Why not? People pay $500 million + a year for bottled water. Give em what they want I say.

Pilsner Urquell. Bbd of 26.05.15, but honestly, these beers don't age out badly. $10 a six pack at the local IGA.

slcmorro said:
Pilsner Urquell. Bbd of 26.05.15, but honestly, these beers don't age out badly. $10 a six pack at the local IGA.
Visit Prague and drink a fresh one, then get back to us.
*sniff*

Back