Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having a SN Porter.

it's good I suppose. certainly taste chocolate.

could be a bit hoppier I think.

maybe a bit more body too.

$23 for six pack... meh. their pale ale is better.

I had a Samuel smith taddy porter last night. Pretty bloody good IMHO. One of my fave bottled beers.

To Ol Liquid Confidence
Chili Imperial Stout, 12.4%
At SlowBeer in Richmond, Melbourne
**** me, these folks can brew. This is one of those beers meant to go wrong and. It. Just. Doesn't. Wow! Deep roastiness, perfect touch of sweetness, subtle lingering warmth from the chili, alcohol obvious but works with the whole, lovely creamy mouthfeel. Well done! Again and again I'm impressed by their beers.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403337204.576657.jpg

EDIT: Good to the last drop. Now to stumble to the train station.

mje1980 said:
I had a Samuel smith taddy porter last night. Pretty bloody good IMHO. One of my fave bottled beers.
I had Fuller's London Porter for the first time last week. Seriously impressed. Possibly my favourite Porter. Love the Taddy as well.

I also had the Fullers Porter earlier this week, Mardoo.

Pig and Whistle, Olinda has it on tap along with the regularly featured ESB.

Despite them having their cooler set waaaay too cold (I had a small whinge to them...it set my teeth on edge !), you could still get the incredible maltiness. Toffee, caramel, toast and roast...lots of layers.
Also had LC IPA. Very good too. Nice malt and very marmaladey hopping.

8 Wired Re-Wired Brown ale earlier tonight. Nicely balanced and features their signature heavy-handed hopping.

20140621_170539.jpg

Adnams Ghost Ship Pale.

Quite light malt flavour, tart and dry.
Zesty, fresh hops.

More of a hot weather beer personally...and I probably should've started the evening with this.

If you like Stone and Wood Pacific and Australian Brewery Pale, you'll like this.

PS- I made the pic all ghostly, like.

20140621_191950.jpg

Garage Project Sauvin Nouveau. Insanely good fresh the other day. I will front up and say my 2nd bottle was shit. This was due to a loose lid that brought about oxidisation and sourness. A great shame. Luckily the local are really good about that sort of thing and are replacing so I will only know of my fond memories of this drop. If GP hit OZ then try some of this for sure!

Battle of the pales tonight.
Somehow I already know the Pintail will come up trumps.
Although the Hargreaves Hill is a nice beer.

Cheers

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403430885.482762.jpg

CF

Haha, yep.
Me too, only I have worked my way through six slabs of the stuff in the last couple of months. I scored them all on the cheap from dans.

Drinking Burliegh's 28 right now, love this one.

CF

Just got back from dinner and a few Altbiers at Brauerei Schumacher in Dusseldorf Germany. Feels like a magical place. Plus, my hotel is virtually across the road. I've been wandering the Altstadt this afternoon downing an Altbier at every brewery I could find.

No piccies at this time as yet, because it's just too darned difficult with hotel WiFi.

Piccies of a selection of beers consumed during my Europe visit will be posted after my return home.

Murphys stout. I really like it. Way better than the other Irish stout IMHO.

Feral Boris RIS

(not my pic)

FeralBorisImperialRussianStout.jpg

So here's the thing. I brewed an RIS a few years back in my early K&K days. It was all hot alcohol, biting bitterness, a bit of soy sauce etc. Recipe was based on a AABC winner but It was not in anyway a good beer.

Now I tasted this and thought ehhh, maybe its a style thing?

Happy to be proven wrong. I love a complex beer but this is not doing it for me.

warra48 said:
Just got back from dinner and a few Altbiers at Brauerei Schumacher in Dusseldorf Germany. Feels like a magical place. Plus, my hotel is virtually across the road. I've been wandering the Altstadt this afternoon downing an Altbier at every brewery I could find.

No piccies at this time as yet, because it's just too darned difficult with hotel WiFi.

Piccies of a selection of beers consumed during my Europe visit will be posted after my return home.
Mmmmm. Beer is yummy.

The average supermarket in Berlin is yielding some pretty tasty brews. We need to compare notes ( and post a few pics of course).

Founder's Porter... wow. Such as awesome beer. Beautifully smooth, restrained roast (for a porter), deep, with some bitterness.

I'm worried that the Robust Porter I just put on to ferment isn't going to have the roastiness that this displays.

Next time, Gadget: recipe

This smelled fantastic just putting it into the glasses.
IMAG0878.jpg
Yep tastes even better.

Drank a Fullers ESB from the bottle day before yesterday, not that impressed. Was from a good shop too, well, didn't have that intense malty toffee and floral hoppiness I've become accustomed to in my own previous few attempts. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or calling my English ipa an ESB.

Tahoose said:
Really need to try this.
My most favourite beer, with the possible exception of uk ale through a beer engine. It's worth it IMHO. Bone dry, but fruity,spicy,bitter and all things in between.

Latest posts

Back