Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mikkeller Nelson(not the single hop series one, the Big Badass bretted barrel aged one).

Bloody good drop. No alc coming through but a touch sweet maybe.

Headed down the local shop for lunch today. Yummy chilli garlic prawns, with a Regal Saison.

Home for another Belgium, then a few more and a few Batz Brewery saison's chucked in for good luck. The fire is burning and I'm guessing it's all down hill from here.

unnamed.jpg

sasion.jpg

DSCF3702.JPG

DSCF3705.JPG

DSCF3704.JPG

Got donated a can of Tun Bitter from my stepfather.
I was thinking of re-titling the post to 'What's in the can' but after trying it, it's now 'What's in the sink'. There is either something significantly wrong with this batch or it really is that bad.
Not going to give it the credit of a review.

Rogue chocolate stout. Can't taste any chocolate but. Nice stout.

mje1980 said:
Rogue chocolate stout. Can't taste any chocolate but. Nice stout.
I enjoyed this stout. I did taste the chocolate though, I found once it warmed up slightly the flavor was more prominent.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I always drink my ales cool not cold, but I dunno, I'm not getting much of what I would call chocolate. I'm loving it though, haha. I don't have refined taste buds either !

Either do I... Haha. I'm keen to try more stouts from rogue. Love that brewery

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Another chocolate beer. Again I can't really pick it up, but it's a nice old ale.

image.jpg

Wicked elf porter. Not bad, not bad at all :)

I'm fucked now, I've got the taste for dark and I know somewhere on the brewing shelf I've got a year old RIS. Arctic monkeys cracking on the iPod.

Physio's going to be harder than normal tomorrow.

I must be crazy but i def could taste chocolate in that old tom beer...

Out for tea tonight.

For anyone in Melbourne with a Mrs who likes French food (and has a need to bank a few gold stars), Hell of the North in Fitzroy has great food...and coincidentally, a killer beer list !

Up first on tap, Cavalier Brown, then 8 Wired Hopwired (they had a few others too...4 Pines Kolsch was another).

Then a dessert for her and a 8 Wired Tall Poppy for me !

Lastly, Boatrocker Ramjet barrel aged RIS at home.

All really good beers, the Hopwired was fantastic as always and the RIS has a nice sweet, smoky whisky tinge.

Cheers !

20140606_200340.jpg

20140607_201242.jpg

Thanks Danwood. I love a restaurant with a decent beer selection. I hate that most places have 8 varieties of essentially the same average beer.

Wicked Elf Pale from BWS.

Ticket said $10, save $8. But the 3 packs I bought scanned at only $24 total.

Anyway, good value for a solid Cascade pale with a good malt body. Recommended, especially at this price.
It's only a four pack though.

Well it's tuesday afternoon and I were bored so thought I'd get drunk. Had some of my Oktoberfest thats lagering and should be ready in a few months, then I stumbled to the bottlo to find a real Munich style Oktoberfestish Vienna type drinkies for comparison. I got a sixpack
No not really, I've a bit of a belly actually.
Some of Matilda Bays Helga, says it's inspired by Munich's Oktoberfest, it's pretty tasty and I like it.
The other is Bleddyn 1075, a lighty carbonated syrupy, pale STRONG ale and it's intensely hopy, I'm not liking it, too damn hoppy and bitter and yuck. I'm glad I only payed the 9 bucks for one bottle.
A pretty bottle though.

IMG_201406111870.jpg

IMG_201406119565.jpg

Just picked up a sixer of 3 ravens 55 pale ale. Young dude behind the counter asked me what it was like
Me. Awesome
Him. What does it compare to
Me. Have you had beechworth pale?
Him. No, is it like corona? That's what I like.
Me. Umm no, ummm never mind, maybe just try it one day. Goodbye.

Rob.P said:
Just picked up a sixer of 3 ravens 55 pale ale. Young dude behind the counter asked me what it was like
Me. Awesome
Him. What does it compare to
Me. Have you had beechworth pale?
Him. No, is it like corona? That's what I like.
Me. Umm no, ummm never mind, maybe just try it one day. Goodbye.
Should've said it was very similar.

A - He tries it, likes it....doesn't look at Corona ever again.

B - He tries it, hates it...you've punished a mega-swiller by making him experience flavour...POW !

Latest posts

Back