Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a couple very nice beers last night and on this crappy wet day, i may enjoy a couple of the other special ones i have in the fridge.

Anchor Liberty Ale.
Wonderful beer. malt and hops balanced with a perfect amount of bitterness to let it all blend in proportion. Dry hopping has also given it a fantastic flavor and aroma of fruity resinous hops.

YUM!

and only $22 a six pack

Later on i opened this Munich Dunkel. I have never had a proper German Munich Dunkel so i was excited about it, and was not disappointed.
sweet but dry, chewy but smooth biskety malt, and very easy to drink. Perfect cool night beer.

Have just finished sipping on a Rodenbach. I figured with a batch fermenting away under my bar, i should try a proper one, and once again, was not disappointed.
sweet and sour. fantastic aroma of sweet malt, sherry like notes and a bit of funk mixed in.
If mine works out half as good as this i will be happy.
Edit: only complaint was that the bottle was not a 750ml :p

Tony said:
Enjoyed a couple very nice beers last night and on this crappy wet day, i may enjoy a couple of the other special ones i have in the fridge.

Anchor Liberty Ale.
Wonderful beer. malt and hops balanced with a perfect amount of bitterness to let it all blend in proportion. Dry hopping has also given it a fantastic flavor and aroma of fruity resinous hops.

YUM!

and only $22 a six pack

Later on i opened this Munich Dunkel. I have never had a proper German Munich Dunkel so i was excited about it, and was not disappointed.
sweet but dry, chewy but smooth biskety malt, and very easy to drink. Perfect cool night beer.

Have just finished sipping on a Rodenbach. I figured with a batch fermenting away under my bar, i should try a proper one, and once again, was not disappointed.
sweet and sour. fantastic aroma of sweet malt, sherry like notes and a bit of funk mixed in.
If mine works out half as good as this i will be happy.
Edit: only complaint was that the bottle was not a 750ml :p

You need to try the Grand Cru as well :icon_drool2:

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Dogfish head 90 min iipa 9%
Constant 90 minutes of hop additions in the boil of uk malt . Then dry hopped .

Noice , has lost aroma I think but so smooth and tingly , holds the 9% tidily . So glad to have finally tried this beast , and it is living up to expectations , even if its in Brisbane tonight , a long way from the time and place this bottle would have been in its prime .
First dogfish head beer I have tried and I can only say all the bullshit they carry on with is backed up by the quality of this beer. Is it the best iipa ? No chance . Is it very drinkable and enjoyable , fuk yair ! I would put it up there with Pretty much all of the quality USA iipa's that have taken over the world in the last couple of years . And our own too.. Feral , Murray 's and the likes .
Please disregard if this is answered later in the thread, but who is selling Dogfish head in Brisbane, as I have yet to try any of their beers, despite watching 6 episodes of their Brewmasters TV show. Also, was this your photo? If so, the establishment has gone to some trouble getting glasses to match.

winkle said:
You need to try the Grand Cru as well :icon_drool2:
Just did.

I agree....... :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

trappist1_zps8eb2886f.jpg

Golden in colour, spicy and dry. Pretty nice beer. Thay make a quadrupel also, which i got. Haven't tried yet. It has the " genuine trappist" sign on it. Koeningshoeven is the name, from holland. I didn't think there were any trappist monasteries in holland ,but hey im no expert. I do have BLAM so i guess i could check, but im buggered haha. Bottle conditioned.

Tempted to try the quad, but its 10% and im well out of match fitness haha.

For a while there were 6 Belgian trappist breweries and one Dutch - the Dutch being La Trappe/ Koeningshoeven.

There was a time when they lost their right to the appellation but they regained it.
There is, as of recent times an 8th trappist brewery in Austria. I've not tried their beers.

Pretty tasty, although I like most beers these guys put out. Malty, a little bit spicy and a healthy dose of american hops.

ruthlessrye.jpg

Tony said:
Anchor Liberty Ale.Wonderful beer. malt and hops balanced with a perfect amount of bitterness to let it all blend in proportion. Dry hopping has also given it a fantastic flavor and aroma of fruity resinous hops. YUM!
A great solid beer that demonstrates simple recipes can sometimes be the most effective. Hard to believe its a SMaSH beer.

latrappeq_zpsc712e1f4.jpg

I've spent 20 minutes trying to invert this picture with no luck at all. Its worth it too, it's a freaking cracking beer. For a 10% belgian, its very very smooth. The aroma is sweet honey/soft ethanol, and the flavour is soft alcohol, and subtle dark fruit. It is slightly lighter in colour than Chimay red. Body is light/medium, but i suppose for 10% i'd have to say light, and spot on. Not picking up many phenols, which suits me ( im an ester man ), only slightly in the end. Bloody hell, this is a ******* nice beer. I will be buying more.

This must be the most detailed beer review i've ever done hahah

OMG OMG OMG

tastes and smells like nice fresh hoppy home brew!

sigh...........................

This is now my favorite Australian commercial beer!

can you say hops?

YUM

The Pale Ale (1920 x 2880).jpg

Tony said:
OMG OMG OMG

can you say hops?

YUM
Just trying the pilsner now. Have the pale sitting in the fridge.
Pilsner isn't bad, more hop flavour than is usually the case, definitely more a new world pils, finding the finish a little sweet though. Very drinkable however

Having a Tetley's "Smooth flow" (or 4). Not sure if it's just a really thin beer or if it's the nitro can making it seem thin.

Actually, it seems better if I let it go a bit flat. So it's probably just that I don't like nitro.

Trying a Delerium Tremens for the first time - it's unusual to say the least! I get boiled vegetables from the aroma, and pineapple Lollie's from the taste. Slick mouthfeel & high carbonation. It's an orangey golden colour with lots of suspended matter (yeast? Looks like break material). Minimal alcohol warmth for 8.5% until the finish. It's nice, but for the price, there are lots of beers I prefer.

image.jpg

MASH Challenger. Nice beer. Finishes a bit heavy for mine but still pretty good.

Had an ANZAC day Coopers Stout which I hadn't had before. Not too shabby and quite cheap so at least great value. Just finished an 8 wired Sauvin Saison. Always bloody good drop. Probably more appreciated in Summer than coming into cold season though...

Yeah I am on a SN Ruthless Rye 2013.
Good... very good.

AND my girlfriend surprised me with it and a sixer of Torpedo, god I love her.

Bizier said:
Yeah I am on a SN Ruthless Rye 2013.
Good... very good.

AND my girlfriend surprised me with it and a sixer of Torpedo, god I love her.
I had one the other day. Really enjoyed it. Can see a few rye recipes coming up :)

lukiferj said:
Where did you find this?

Brew Matt said:
Please disregard if this is answered later in the thread, but who is selling Dogfish head in Brisbane, as I have yet to try any of their beers, despite watching 6 episodes of their Brewmasters TV show. Also, was this your photo? If so, the establishment has gone to some trouble getting glasses to match.
brewcellar.com.au

Tony said:
OMG OMG OMG

can you say hops?

YUM
How does it compare to s&w pacific ale?

I've seen this at Dans but not bothered after reading the blurb on their website. I like the fact they're in cans though..

a few from this arvos sesh,
24.4.13 041 (480x640).jpg
liefmans goudenband beir de provision 8% aged strong Belgium brown.
24.4.13 043 (480x640).jpg
hoegaarden verboden vrucht / forbidden fruit 8.5%belgium strong ale.
24.4.13 046 (480x640).jpg
maisels weisse hefe/original 5.4%

Back