Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sinkas said:
Has dan murphys got this now?
don't think so. I got online.
aaa 006 (640x480).jpg
a friend brang these little moogars from the uk yesterday ....

didn't know they made spirits as well .

The Beer: A San Diego Scotch Ale. OG 1090
The Hops: Challenger, First Gold, Amarillo
The Twist: This beer has been aged in whisky casks with raisins soaked in Ballast Point Rum

will be hard to keep these in the cellar for long enough .... they are all ready calling ... drink me .... drink me....

Hey Econwatson,

I tried the Dundee on monday. It was on special at my Dans for $2 a bottle, not a bad drop

I Also managed to grab a 4 pack of Wicked Elf Witbier for $8.75 that i have just cracked, really nice, but not as good as the Mad Abbot Tripel, but totally diferent beer

Call me tight. but i just love trying diferent beers, and will revisit them if i like them

Apricot wheat beer by Montieths. Very easy to drink at a very low 14 IBU. Bottle claims banana & cloves but I think they are a bit overshadowed by the apricot. It's ok, but I was hoping for more.image.jpg

I had the Apricot wheat beer the other week on tap and sorry to say I thought it was utterly vile disgusting filth. I wouldn't give it to my chihuahua. No idea what they were aiming for. I got dishwater and syrup with hints of jelly sweets!

hsb said:
I wouldn't give it to my chihuahua. No idea what they were aiming for. I got dishwater and syrup with hints of jelly sweets!
You have a chihuahua?

I wonder if there was something wrong with the glass you tried? Wasn't great, but relatively inoffensive IMHO.

At dan murphys the other day I saw a Hahn premium in the clearance bin. I remember not long ago a thread about it making a come back or something like that so I grabbed it. For a mass produced lager this is a very good beer IMHO. I remember it years ago when it was good, then it went shit. The one I had yesterday was smooth malty with a touch of hop. Best mass produced beer I've had in a while.

Don't tell the brew club

I saw these at coles a little while back then went to buy some recently but they dont seem to have them anymore?

Phil Mud said:
You have a chihuahua?
I wonder if there was something wrong with the glass you tried? Wasn't great, but relatively inoffensive IMHO.
Maybe. It was on tap. It was the apricot syrup flavouring and watery base that I remember. It was just so wrong.
I don't have a chihuahua but if I did, I would keep it on the Coopers I think.

Just had a Green Flash Brewing Palate Wrecker - Hamilton's ale. At 9.5% this 700ml bad boy is all I need on a weeknight. Intense hop flavour, noticeable alcohol warmth, but these guys have managed to make a balanced beer out of it. Highly recommended, thanks Plonk in Canberra for this one.

ian_2005 said:
Hey Econwatson,

I tried the Dundee on monday. It was on special at my Dans for $2 a bottle, not a bad drop

I Also managed to grab a 4 pack of Wicked Elf Witbier for $8.75 that i have just cracked, really nice, but not as good as the Mad Abbot Tripel, but totally diferent beer

Call me tight. but i just love trying diferent beers, and will revisit them if i like them
4 x Wicked Elf Witbier for $8.75 is cheap. Who is selling these?

Moon Dog's Mr Mistoffelees Passionfruit & Mango Wild Ale.

Heaps of that familiar sour brett flavour, with a great fruit background. Bizarre yet delicious combination.

mistoffelees.jpg

image.jpg
A few pups from craft image.jpg
Nice but don't think I will be a tiler fan after this one , think this hop would be better in a mix rather than on its Pat Malone . Not very much anything ? Bit spice bit pine bit fruit but not big any going on its own ,
Besides though an enjoyable beer

1in0hi.jpg

Tony said:
OMG OMG OMG

tastes and smells like nice fresh hoppy home brew!

sigh...........................

This is now my favorite Australian commercial beer!

can you say hops?

YUM
Had one of those last night, not too bad! I liked that home brew element you mentioned, nice raw feel about it. I'd buy one every so often I guess, would be nice to have a 4 pack on a hot day.

Back