Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silly is the most unsaison like saison I've tried.

Saison dupont, la sirene and temple are all good examples. Dupont is a classic particularly.

manticle said:
Silly is the most unsaison like saison I've tried.

Saison dupont, la sirene and temple are all good examples. Dupont is a classic particularly.
Thanks man, will have to track em down.
This is actually the only saison I've come across in my local area. (Wollongong)

Delicious IIPA from BVB :icon_drool2:
DSC02398 2.jpg

I procured a case of these. Quite nice. Very heavy amounts of light tropical hops...not much resin or dankness. Its very dry, not a chewy malty IIPA.

I am only putting one bottle in the fridge at a time because it is dangerously chuggable for a 9% beer, and I wish to be a functional human during the day.

2016-02-16 17.38.34.jpg

Got a case of Nomad Brewing Long Trip Saison via delivery from Dan's deals. Not a Saison fan now at nearly $100 and no trace of coffee to my taste just Saison tastes kind of slightly sour to me. Only in small quantities and very foamy not quite gushers.

Nomad Jet Lag IPA now that is something special IMO very very good.

spearhead can.jpg

The Universe has been hammering us with mid 30s temperatures for a few days and my kegs blew, so I picked up a ten pack of these cans from BWS.
Very refreshing, nicely hopped .. reminds me of something I've got at case swaps over the years.

Say what you like about Cricketers Arms, this is actually a nice APA and not at all "craft washed" like a lot of the JS offerings nowadays.

OeTTINGER Pils? 500ml cans. Brewed by German purity laws apparently. Different to my home brew but its welcome.
This is good value if its actually good? I think its nice, more bodied than what I would do. Different malt and hops to what I use and the rest ...

Would I chose it over my home brew? Nah unless I don't have anything else around the 4.7% range on the light side of colors and flavors.
It is a very nice sessionable beer at good value and its canned! being the best for transport. and 500ml cans!

Bribie G said:
attachicon.gif
spearhead can.jpg

The Universe has been hammering us with mid 30s temperatures for a few days and my kegs blew, so I picked up a ten pack of these cans from BWS.
Very refreshing, nicely hopped .. reminds me of something I've got at case swaps over the years.

Say what you like about Cricketers Arms, this is actually a nice APA and not at all "craft washed" like a lot of the JS offerings nowadays.
That's freeky. I gave this a go too. Its Citrusy like described on the label. I give it a thumbs up but only for those to try into craft beer. That's another thumbs up I guess.

Oettenger is my mega swill of choice. I dont know how hop extract applies to the purity law though.

nosco said:
Oettenger is my mega swill of choice. I dont know how hop extract applies to the purity law though.
I can only conclude that Hop Extract must minimize variances of the differences in seasonal variances from year to year. Futile really. Wine gets given the good year out of variances. So will beer with hops and grains from one year to another. Keep it as unprocessed as possible IMO.

nosco said:
Because hopsextract's components are extracted from hops and one of the allowed ingredients under the purity law is hops.

Was at a wedding in Mosman, Sydney yesterday.
The ceremony was outside on the harbour foreshore at Beauty Point.
Afterwards, we traipsed across to Zest at the 16ft sailing club for the reception and dinner.

Imagine my surprise when I found they had original Czech Budvar on tap. Oh yeah, guess who was a happy chappy last night?

warra48 said:
Imagine my surprise when I found they had original Czech Budvar on tap. Oh yeah, guess who was a happy chappy last night?
Jealous. I have to "settle" for one from the bottle.

IMG_20160220_163130.jpg

A bit of moose drool.
Was looking for something not so hop dependent. enjoyed this dark,ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1455964652.113936.jpg easy drinking malt focused diddy.

Back