Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stone_Sierra-Nevada-Collab.jpg

Not my pic but a stone x sierra IPA. Had it Saturday night after a few other pints and i just remember my tounge melting. Was some serious beer. 9/10 would drink again in a flash.

St Austell's Proper Job. An English import, genuine English IPA from Cornwall. I did a thread a while back for a mate who wanted a Hick's Special Draught from the same brewery. I found a review and local importer in a newspaper, sent him the address, and in good faith he offered to buy me a 12 pack as they were nearing their BB date. I gracefully accepted.

gallery_31264_1139_788056.jpg

This beer has a standout character. Online reviews reckon it's like an AIPA but I can't agree less - oodles of English goodness and hoppy 'bite' that tastes heavily bitter. A hint of diacetyl. Lots of grapefruit and a citrus edge, the English yeast sort of lingers around with the bitterness in the aftertaste. It screams "beer" rather than "hops" but is bitter and hoppy all the same. A very well brewed beer which I strongly recommend to English ale fans. And everyone else.

Tonight I did these;

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454162277.941216.jpg

But I'd trade them all one for 3 Pirate Life IIPAs

Not that they were bad beers, but you know.......

Had a couple of Sunday beers as usual.

John Boston Summer Ale.......hands down is better than LC Dog Days, JS Golden Ale, Cricketers Arms Pale ( Dan Murphys Beers ) Easy, light and very crisp. A slight pils aroma combined with a little tropical fruit on the nose, just enough.

WP_20160131_001.jpg

BOOM!!! my favourite IPA's right now. This brewery is kicking arse in cans. the aroma is pungent and the flavour quality is world class. Using 2row, Golden Promise and Rye malts and hopped with Simcoe, Columbus, Cascade and Chinook. Delicious!!!

WP_20160131_004.jpg

TheWiggman said:
St Austell's Proper Job. An English import, genuine English IPA from Cornwall. I did a thread a while back for a mate who wanted a Hick's Special Draught from the same brewery. I found a review and local importer in a newspaper, sent him the address, and in good faith he offered to buy me a 12 pack as they were nearing their BB date. I gracefully accepted.

gallery_31264_1139_788056.jpg

This beer has a standout character. Online reviews reckon it's like an AIPA but I can't agree less - oodles of English goodness and hoppy 'bite' that tastes heavily bitter. A hint of diacetyl. Lots of grapefruit and a citrus edge, the English yeast sort of lingers around with the bitterness in the aftertaste. It screams "beer" rather than "hops" but is bitter and hoppy all the same. A very well brewed beer which I strongly recommend to English ale fans. And everyone else.
I had this off the handpump at Fowey, Cornwall, on a cold and damp day December 2014. Warmed up a bleak day.

Lucky *******.
Speaking of hand pumps I had my first hand pumped beer at Bridge Road Brewery on the weekend. Their Bling IPA. My favourite IPA of the moment and while not necessarily better on the pump, a tasty beer all the same that shouldn't taste so good flat.

Got a 4 pack selection of Matso's Beer..Tried the session..now into the mango (nice on hot day),have lychee and Chilli to try

My first saison goes into the ferm fridge tomorrow (although it wont be on much). In the meantime im doin a bit of research. A stock standard saison i think but i thought it was great.

1454756852473.jpg

TheWiggman said:
Lucky *******.
Speaking of hand pumps I had my first hand pumped beer at Bridge Road Brewery on the weekend. Their Bling IPA. My favourite IPA of the moment and while not necessarily better on the pump, a tasty beer all the same that shouldn't taste so good flat.
I did read that American IPA's do not tend to respond well from a hand pump pour.

TwoCrows said:
Pratty 1

I like IPA's where is the wolf amongst the weeds available.
Dan Murphy's Victoria is not listing it .
Haha, DMs don't stock these mate. I get the from Warners Bay Bottle Shop and Prince Of Wales Bottle shop in Newcastle, and hours drive north of my place.

There is a place in Vic that does beers like that but I cant think of the name.

I got wolf amongst the weeds today from my local. Nillumbik Cellars. Diamond Creek. No affiliation just a happy customer

Brewing so have to have a beer, but have to work tomorrow. Bridge road brewers Little Bling to the rescue, great drop amazing flavour too for a mid strength. I reckon they must have had quite a few goes at this to get something doesn't seem like a mid strength at all. Loving it.

Redds Apple Ale... Wow, this is hideous! Tastes like rotten apples, stale malt and dishwater...

Bridges said:
Brewing so have to have a beer, but have to work tomorrow. Bridge road brewers Little Bling to the rescue, great drop amazing flavour too for a mid strength. I reckon they must have had quite a few goes at this to get something doesn't seem like a mid strength at all. Loving it.
Yes, you'd struggle to tell it's 3.5%ish. S and W Garden Ale was similarly good.

Wurk...wassat ? Full strength for me tonight. I went full 'glass wanker' straight off too. Good times, good beer.

image.jpg

Silly saison from brasserie de silly.
Was looking forward to my first saison, having read up on the style quite a bit.
This didn't really meet my expectations. Didn't really get much funk just a sweet ale with light malt flavours and restrained Belgian yeast flavours. I did enjoy the mouthfeel though. I wouldn't say I'm overly educated on the style so I could just be talking shiz.ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1455410730.882187.jpg

Latest posts

Back