Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moondog / Garage Project - Chocolate salty balls.

Impressive.

Just had a MooBrew Hefeweizen and Sierra Nevada Kellerweis side by side. Much prefer the Kellerweis.

Yep that is a fantastic beer.

Would still drink the moo brew over quiet alot of other though.

The missus brought me home a bottle of Steamrail Hops Dropper Pils last night and I poured it expecting the usual failed Australian attempt at the style.

It's actually really bloody nice, and has plenty of 'that' Euro lager grunge about it and nice hop aroma. I could shut my eyes and imagine a bottle of Budvar. Low end of bitterness at 25 IBU, but they have done a pretty decent job here.

Just back from a trip to NZ (Wellington) and had some Black Dog Brewery ales, bloody fantastic real local (i hate the word) craft beers. Fav was the Unleashed both the simcoe and kiwi varieties

Last night had a second go at Nomad Ipa with finger lime ...... know its a local and I'll continue to try their beers, but definitely not one I'll buy again.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1433658347.372902.jpg

Picked this up in Takayama, Japan. Cost around $9-10 Aus for 500ml. Belgium style strong ale. Unbelievable beer and such a fluke to just pick it off the shelf. Would easily rank amongst the best I've ever tried.

jyo said:
The missus brought me home a bottle of Steamrail Hops Dropper Pils last night and I poured it expecting the usual failed Australian attempt at the style.

It's actually really bloody nice, and has plenty of 'that' Euro lager grunge about it and nice hop aroma. I could shut my eyes and imagine a bottle of Budvar. Low end of bitterness at 25 IBU, but they have done a pretty decent job here.
I randomly picked up a sixer of it yesterday on the way to a party and agree that it wasn't a bad drop at all. Humorous blurb on the bottle stating the brewer dropping hops from height improves the taste.

Melbourne Bitter at The Tote

New in kegs. Same MB taste. Still my preferred in the CUB lager family.

Love the Tote.
In another life the band I was in had a couple of EP launches there. Good days.
Great venue.

View attachment 81126

Anyhoo,
Townsville Brewing Co golden ale.
Nice beer, very easy to drink. A tad on the sweet side in the aftertaste but enjoyable. Nice fruitiness from the Amarillo they stated were used.

I try and make a point of getting a bottle of some sort of craft beer when I go to the bottle shop (I like to keep the bottles too), yesterday I grabbed a bottle on Rogue Dad's little helper black IPA not a bad drop went down a treat. At 15 bucks a bottle you don't want to be drinking too many

Rodenbach Grand Cru.
needed a haiku

grand cru many things
I consider while sips taste
of awesome high five

wide eyed and legless said:
Currently in warmer climes drinking Carlsberg Royal Stout 8 percent $14 / slab
Pheeew that is cheap not on the duty free island of Langkawi by any chance.?

wide eyed and legless said:
We expect a few postings in the Single Malt thread then too. :drinks:

Carslberg Special Brew available in all the corner 7 Eleven type stores and plenty Hoegaarden to be had.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo in the bargain bin at Dans $16.19 Forgotten how good this IPA tastes just yummy enjoyed the first immensely.

prickly moses red

my BIL and I tried to give the prickly moses team some tips on their bus design at the ballarat beer festival while we waited in line but they thought we were just pissed idiots - how rude!? anyway after being a real hop (fwd) head type drinker (IPA/APA for too long probably) this style is warming to me. its subtle but attractive...i'm not sure if it is my imagination but there seems to be a slight albeit faint, cola taste? nice by the fire cheers

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1434186140.069248.jpg
Deschutes Inversion IPA.

Very nice. Beautifully balanced on all fronts. A fair hit of lingering bitterness to offset the alcohol. Medium body. Dryish finish to accommodate the sweetness from the alcohol. But the hop flavour is a great balance between bright and dark, fruity and dank. Aroma leans more towards the dank.

Beer is good. If i added rye to my black ipa recipe and refined it i would have a wookey jack.
Tastes like fruit punch and dank in one. Just what i love.
I do NZ hops with American Hops like chinook and columbus. You just cant beat that combo.
Anyway great beer Firestone Walker.

1434197819710.jpg

Back