Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

At 8.7% Alc/vol it's not much like regular Hoegaarden! Went down a treat.

Didn't quite meet my expectations regards the blurb on the bottle but was very nice none the less. Even SWMBO's mega swill father liked it.

At 8.7% Alc/vol it's not much like regular Hoegaarden! Went down a treat.

Didn't quite meet my expectations regards the blurb on the bottle but was very nice none the less. Even SWMBO's mega swill father liked it.
I found the Grand Cru to be a delicious drink.

R

Just had a Rogue Ale Brutal IPA. Couldn't shake the thought that it tasted like an extra bitter Dr Smurto GA we made. So easy to drink, so delicious.

Downing a Mikkeller Warrior IPA. Malt aroma is dominates. Hop flavour subtle amongst chewy malt. Smooth bitter finish.

Overall I don't mind it; but i don't think there is anything here to set it apart from anything else. Although I understand that's not the point of these single hoppers; as a "hop smell/taste test" it does the job well!

2ba9537e.jpg

Quite an interesting beer, I can taste some sake. It's a little spicey and although not overly bitter, the bitterness is a little harsh and quite a piney something going on after the bitterness goes, also quite light in body but still full (if that makes any sense). I can swear there's some Brett in there, only ever slightly so. I'd buy it again just cause it's so interesting & I have made up my mind as to wether I like it or not yet

Just made my way through a bottle of Mikkeller Big Worst Bourbon edition. This is a big beer. Aroma would make you think you're about to drink a glass of liquid vegemite whilst the flavour is a combination of alcoholic warmth and bourbon sweetness. I really enjoyed this beer. I shame it's difficult to have more than one when it sits at 19.1% ABV.

2ba9537e.jpg

Quite an interesting beer, I can taste some sake. It's a little spicey and although not overly bitter, the bitterness is a little harsh and quite a piney something going on after the bitterness goes, also quite light in body but still full (if that makes any sense). I can swear there's some Brett in there, only ever slightly so. I'd buy it again just cause it's so interesting & I have made up my mind as to wether I like it or not yet

Is that the one where they use red rice as part of the grist?

I've no idea Dave, wouldn't surprise me as the body was quite thin. I know they mature it in sake barrels, & apparenty those barrels were once whiskey barrels. They use Chinook & Styrian Goldings and I reckon both quite late in the boil as the pine really comes out.

They used the Red Rice in the Hitachino Red Rice Ale, unless they used some in this too, and didn't mention it?

Thanks Chris, you are lucky to have such a good bottle'o near you !
Wasn't always that way.
Don't know what spured the owner ( Steve Kons, ex Deputy Premier of Tas and former Mayor of Burnie) to stock a growing list of imported beers but I am very happy.

No affiliations etc

Cheers
Chris

Drinking one of these. Was recommended by the bottle shop attendant when looking for a Duvel.

Not sure what to think. Is it good or crap, my brain cant decide. For the price i paid for one 330ml bottle, it should be nectar. I dont think it is.

Anyone else tried it ? Supposed to be tripple fermented with three different yeasts.

Delirium tremens.

1039.jpg

Drinking one of these. Was recommended by the bottle shop attendant when looking for a Duvel.

Not sure what to think. Is it good or crap, my brain cant decide. For the price i paid for one 330ml bottle, it should be nectar. I dont think it is.

Anyone else tried it ? Supposed to be tripple fermented with three different yeasts.

Delirium tremens.

1039.jpg
Fantastic beer when in good condition.

Latest posts

Back