Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was out with the family today and took a detour past WATB :)

Here is what i came home with:

Beerhaul.jpg

First up i cracked the Prickly Moses Farmhouse ale.

This beer is fantastic!

Sweet malty yeasty aroma, sort of honey like, taste is SOOOOOOOOOOO smooth, with the 6.8% ABV feeling more like 3%. A wonderfull ballance of malt, subtle hops and yeast all melting together to be a wonderfully ballanced beer that is quite inspirational to be honest. I shared some of the second half of the bottle with my brother and he commented it was perfectly ballanced, with massive amounts going on in a seemingly simple beer!

I will be buying more of this to put away like a nice wine to pull out at BBQ's with family!

PricklyMosesFarmhouseale.jpg

Currently enjoying a bottle of Weltenburger Kloster Asam Bock

Clean massive intense malt, with toasty melanoidens promenant, some subtle fruity character from malt also there...... raisens and dark fruit like plums.

creamy chewey mouth feel, making is a beer for a winters night........ Perfect for tonight!

AsamBock.jpg

cheers

Had a night out on "White Rabbit, Dark Ale" Friday night. Man I never get sick of drinking that beer. We (4 drinkers) emptied the pub of this stuff in 3 hours. I don't think they usually sell much of it so only had about a carton in the fridge.

Drew

Enjoyed the Vitus last night. Its an old friend and with Weihenstephaner weissbier being one of my favorite beers...... this is always loved!

Sweet honey malt with a more subdued yeast character.... the extra malt standing out and GOD its good!

Vitus_1107121152x1728.jpg

Currently sipping a glass of fullers IPA.

I have made a few IPA's and always felt they kind of failed for some reason...... but they were just like this! Nice big english hop aroma and flavour, some malt in the background. Prominent bitterness and a slightly dry finnish. Clean quenching character with a bit of yeast character in the back which ballances the beer.

very enjoyable and one i would buy again! Much better than the bananna beer and honey lager thing they made......... WTF were they thinking??? :icon_vomit:

FullersIPA1728x1152.jpg

Nice beers Tony!
Looking forward to seeing the final three.

Whereabouts did you find those glasses?
I've been looking for something solid that looks good but most are a bit too fancy looking for my liking.

Ebay...... most of the "nice" glasses i have came from Europe...... mainly belgium or england.

That one is a fullers ESB glass.... i just didnt show the label. If it ever breaks i will cry..... its a great glass and not many around.

I think its faitly predictable what the Murrys stouts will look like :)...... i cant wait to taste them but 10% beers are not week night beers!

cheers

I think its faitly predictable what the Murrys stouts will look like :) ...... i cant wait to taste them but 10% beers are not week night beers!

Haha, you're certainly right about that on both accounts!
Cheers for the advice regarding checking ebay :icon_cheers:

Timothy Taylor Landlord.

Simply a delicious beer, the first time I've ever tasted it.
Now I'll have to go back and read the lengthy thread on how to brew it.

IMG_0952.jpg

Tucking into a Little Creatures single batch Maerzen. Very, very nice though the hop flavour is more "new world" (Willamette). There was only one in the fridge at the bottle shop but if I see any more I will buy them.

The missus asked me where she would like her work going away party to be.
I maybe had a slight input, however the local taphouse in darlo was great as usual...

Meantime IPA 750 & La Chouffe 750, the gods were smiling...
IMG_9629.JPG

Edit: strugling with the image url & speeeeling

IMAG0134.jpg

A mate and I enjoyed a tasting day with these fine drops.

And the Bogedal Uber pack from Beermasons, yet to be sampled.

IMAG0136.jpg

Where can I get it in Melb Fents?

Had a kooi pale last night at biero. First time I've had it on tap, still a lovely beer.

At the moment I have been hooking into the new Vintage Ale from Coopers.

I love it, although I love any beer with Amarillo and Nelson Sauvin.

photo90711100255pm.jpg

what did you think of the kooi black ipa will?

Loved it. Some black IPAs I've had go a little hard on the bitterness but I thought this one blended in with the malts perfectly. I'll definitely be buying more if I can find it anywhere in Brissie.

Loved it. Some black IPAs I've had go a little hard on the bitterness but I thought this one blended in with the malts perfectly. I'll definitely be buying more if I can find it anywhere in Brissie.

+1...farkin noice.
I hop(e) it's a regular line from Kooi

I was like a kid in a candy shop at the IBS yesterday :)
Nothing in the glass tonight but there will be soon !!
DSC00934.JPG

Currently enjoying this:

Fullers Golden Pride.

WOW what a beer!

Bright clarity, deep golden to light amber, Rich aroma of toasty malt and caramel, earthy english hops (Bottle quotes northdown challenger and target) and some yeasty fruitiness. Full creamy mouthfeel, which is cut by a good swathe of bitterness which lingers for quite a while on the pallet. Low carnonation adds to the full mouthfeel. In the mouth the flavour is an assault on the senses. Similar to aroma...... big toasty caramel malt, mild background ballancing hops and yeast fruitiness.

I love how Fullers make beers like this.... which are obviously of quite low attenuation but ballance them with bitterness and hops so well. This beer at 8.5% ABV is a big beer in both flavour and aroma with that classic, slightly harsh, english hop bitterness cutting all the residual sugar perfectly.

It all amounts to a perfect winter sipper that you just want to keep smelling and tasting slowly, so the glass never runs out!

This beer is a big win for me!

FullersGoldenPride1152x1728.jpg

Latest posts

Back