Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just enjoying a St Peters Organic Best Bitter.

Nice and clean with a firm bitterness. Bit of caramel and slight bit of toffee but still a bit of spiciness from the goldings. Good beer all round and at only 4.1% I recon I could drink a fair bit of it. Might have to try some of the optic malt from CB and attempt my own version.

_MG_9062.jpg

Agree with the above sentiments. What are the thoughts on the Delerium Nocturnum though?

Freshest bloody beer I've had in a while, a long while with the acception of fat yak.

ed1cf4eb.jpg

Mad brewers stout noir by malt shovel
Frotlfthy mid coloured tan head
bksck with hints of deep garnet
faint hop aroma with some roast barley and wheat
good carbonation but maybe could have s tad more
good mouthful for a stock stout
minor roast and black patent favours but god wheat and malt favours
only slightest hint of 7%alc

not a bad stout. Has something more than a
s2011_07_23_17.08.28.jpg

stockk stout but not overly complex as it could be.

Edit: classify As an almost dry English stout. don't serve too cold or u loose complexity. not bad quit drinkable, for an ASusie stout 7/10

22July11_016.jpg

Snagged this the other day randomly at a little bottleshop up the road whilst waiting for mates to buy some grog.
Wasn't expecting much as far as range but was pleasantly suprised.
They had a little fridge with all Chimays, Orval, Westmalle Dubbel and Tripel, some Achel beers too!
But what caught my attention were 3 Polish beers I've never seen, and had barely a word on English on the label!
Naturally, I had to buy one, so go with the strongest...8% baltic porter...yehaaa.

Anyway, absolute cracker of a beer...thick, warming, lots of coffee, dark chocolate, raisins...perfect winter beer!

View attachment 47221

Snagged this the other day randomly at a little bottleshop up the road whilst waiting for mates to buy some grog.
Wasn't expecting much as far as range but was pleasantly suprised.
They had a little fridge with all Chimays, Orval, Westmalle Dubbel and Tripel, some Achel beers too!
But what caught my attention were 3 Polish beers I've never seen, and had barely a word on English on the label!
Naturally, I had to buy one, so go with the strongest...8% baltic porter...yehaaa.

Anyway, absolute cracker of a beer...thick, warming, lots of coffee, dark chocolate, raisins...perfect winter beer!

Ooooh, look at the head on that! There's a meal made of rum and raisin in that alone! :icon_drool2:

nice beers guys; i'll have to try a few of the darkers ones.

I had a fantastic day today.

Erdinger Wiessbrau and Franziskaner Hefe Wiessbier Hell off tap at the German Arms Hotel in Hahndorf
Heysen Stout and Maslins Nut Brown Ale at Grumpy's in Hahndorf
Double IPA, Devil's Choice and Choc Oatmeal Stout at Lobethal Bierhaus
Seeing Double,, Ace of Spades Stout and King Brown through the hopinator at Brew Boys
Steam exchange stout at the Wheaty
Coopers aged sparkling and lobethal red truck porter at the Kings Head

What a day :D

Apologies for the lack of pictures; i started with good intentions but quickly forgot!

had this yesterday..... was very nice. Smooth, malty, clean and a nice touch of hops in the background to ballance..... really enjoyed it!

Well done to the LC team!

LCMarzen1152x1728.jpg

And after i posted elswhere about never having tried one of these, i thought i better set one. I have to say its really nice. Its not a WOW beer but its better than nay APA i ever made.

SNPA1152x1728.jpg

enjoying a nice Aussie made French Biere De Garde to celibrate Cadel's win........ how good it it hey :)

I had the the farmhouse ale a week or 2 ago and it was supurb...... this is to the same standard.

6.8% with no hint of alcahol at all but that plesent drying sensation you get from really well made strong beers.

Clean, maty sweet with a hint of chocolate, bugger all hops and all in all its just morish..... you have a sip and then want to go back for another and another and another and then..... bugger, the glass is empty.

Thank god its in a 750 ml bottle cause one glass of this is not enough!

PrickleyMosesReserveDeOtway1152x1728.jpg

Well, the pics not 'whats in the glass' but this was the start of our Saturday arvo, provided by my bro-in-law before he heads off to the UK...nice little supply for the two of us.

23072011.jpg

Epic Armageddon has to be one of my most favourite Beers, while the Tuatara wasnt a bad drop either...

Not a cheap session, but well worth it!

enjoying a nice Aussie made French Biere De Garde to celibrate Cadel's win........ how good it it hey :)

I had the the farmhouse ale a week or 2 ago and it was supurb...... this is to the same standard.

6.8% with no hint of alcahol at all but that plesent drying sensation you get from really well made strong beers.

Clean, maty sweet with a hint of chocolate, bugger all hops and all in all its just morish..... you have a sip and then want to go back for another and another and another and then..... bugger, the glass is empty.

Thank god its in a 750 ml bottle cause one glass of this is not enough!

PrickleyMosesReserveDeOtway1152x1728.jpg

Tony:

The alc content may not have been evident in your glass, but most certainly was in your spelling ;)

Tony:

The alc content may not have been evident in your glass, but most certainly was in your spelling

.............which is my only claim to fame in life

Where do you think Rice Gulls came from :icon_cheers:

PS..... was quite sober, was only my 2nd beer

My problem is im a lazy typer and cant be fudged checking it for speeling :)

I kept the dregs from this one..... they may came in handy :)

Havnt tried this before and its really great! Fluffy dry in the mouth, sour and tart finnish, phenolic funky beer, but malty enough to hold up the tart sourness.

Much better IMO than cantillion thats more like carbonated lemon juice and urine...... i struggle with their beers but im sure i will come to them with some sour beer palet training..... perhaps they wernt the best "first" sours to try :)

Orval1152x1728.jpg

Much better IMO than cantillion thats more like carbonated lemon juice and urine...... i struggle with their beers but im sure i will come to them with some sour beer palet training..... perhaps they wernt the best "first" sours to try :)
Yeah i gotta say trying a Cantillion as a first "sour" beer is pretty much diving in the deep end...they don't get much more sour.
Orval on the other hand, great beer, though I wouldn't even class it in the sour catagory. Very much varies from batch to batch, but that lovely hit of Brett is always welcome...bit off-putting for the inexperienced/non-lovers of funk, of course!

Orval isn't even considered a "sour" anyway. There is a bit of brett, but not enough to give it that massive sour funk of a Cantillon.

Try and grab some Boon to ease into the sourness. Boon are fantastic.

I think it's poor form to complain about beer thats offered to you by a mate from the family fridge.
Unless he's to slack to walk down the back shed and grab the JSGA out of the fridge.
Thus was the case yesterday arvo.

Weaksauce hopless fizzy shit with a horrible malt profile and a squirt of lazy lemon as a final insult.
Who comes up with this shit?

carlton-dry-fusion.jpg

Being somewhat beer obsessed, I took photos of some of the beers I drank on our recent trip to France, Belgium, and the Netherlands.

Here they are, without explanation. I had a lovely time.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Latest posts

Back