Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this beer, borderline IPA but mostly a strong Pale Ale. Trying to find the IBU on this beer but no luck so far

fd65bcd0.jpg

hey pennywise, where did you get this from? ive been on the search for this one for a few weeks! quite excited to taste it after the hype up on the NZtv series.

Picked it up from G&G mate. Really loving the NZ beers ATM

Was drinking the Hitachino Nest classic IPA last night in the darlo taphouse... So balanced, so different to anything I've ever tried, so Japanese. It its like a cigar box with turkish delight. Unique creamy mouthfeel and balance.Po

reminds me of a pimped up Nirvana Pale with a bit of roast.. and it works...

murrays_001.jpg

AA4 I had for my daughters 2nd birthday...

apologies for the crappy iphone pic..

murrays_002.jpg

Was drinking the Hitachino Nest classic IPA last night in the darlo taphouse... So balanced, so different to anything I've ever tried, so Japanese. It its like a cigar box with turkish delight. Unique creamy mouthfeel and balance.Po

I tried one of these too... different is the only way I can describe it too...

also tried the Melanie IPA (cant remember the brewery) and that was a nice beer..

Today I got to try the rarely seen Kooinda wit in a Full Nelson bottle.
IMG_0014_2_.jpg

Fents, I demand compensation.

Jokes everyone, (although both beers + the pale are excellent and worth tracking down) sure it was a freak bottle.

apologies for the shit photo, second last bottle in the six pack.

Enjoyed this after lunch while i washed the REX this arvo....... Very nice beer. Dry, tart, funky slightly acidic with a wonderful fruitiness and background sweetness to hold it up....... loved it!

PricklyMosessaison20101728x1152.jpg

enjoyed a few Kolsch's in between and now sipping on this saturday night staple.

cooperssparkling1152x1728.jpg

Poured this to have as a late nght sipper.\

A bit disapointed at it being almost flat from the bottle :(

still tastes great! Its got just enough fiz to hold it up....... JUST!

bloody massive beer..... massive malt, massive flavour, massive complexity, bitter, fruity, roast, then bitter in the after taste.

massive 10% abv hitting me too after a goosd sesion today :icon_cheers:

Murrysheartofdarkenss1152x1728.jpg

Broke my lambic cherry - honestly, no pun intended - with this offering. Not exactly what I expected, what I expected was sour.
My immediate impression was a mix of cherry flavored cough syrup and Dr Pepper. But I'd buy it again, probably the raspberry version just for the sake of it.
I know next to nothing about the style, but I'm guessing by the back sweetened (I suspect) taste apparent and the pop culture-ish spelling of 'X treme', it's safe to assume its not a shining Xample of a lambic, blended or otherwise.
Bit of novelty appeal I guess, but for seven bucks a hit, I should have just went for the Bombardier.

DSC06395.jpg

Sweet its tops having relos in that area,SWAMBO comes from dutch/belgian border dont mind visiting the inlaws one bit,Warra dont suppose you have a recipe for DeKoninck i love that beer!!!

Unfortunately, no I don't.
Haven't visited over there for 12 years prior to this trip, although they've been over our way a few times.

Well after much trying Gluten Free beers from around the place mainly for my own curiosity I must say this is the best so far. Nice use of Amarillo hops and surprisingly beer like but not over the top malty. Id call it a hopped up Blonde ale more than 'Pilsner like' as they describe it. The head retention is next to none but it does lace the glass nicely.

_MG_9072.jpg

Enjoyed this last night.

A fine beer, clean and smooth with a fine chocolate flavour abd aroma. Very easy to drink!

ChevalierBiereDeGarde1152x1728.jpg

Broke my lambic cherry - honestly, no pun intended - with this offering. Not exactly what I expected, what I expected was sour.
My immediate impression was a mix of cherry flavored cough syrup and Dr Pepper. But I'd buy it again, probably the raspberry version just for the sake of it.
I know next to nothing about the style, but I'm guessing by the back sweetened (I suspect) taste apparent and the pop culture-ish spelling of 'X treme', it's safe to assume its not a shining Xample of a lambic, blended or otherwise.

Definitely not a shining example. Very artificial to my palate. Good intro to the idea for those who think fruit beers should be sweet but that's all.

seen the boys on http://nzcraftbeer.tv/ rate this beer and thought i would give it a try.
unsure if i liked it or not it. its quite tart/sour and IMO wasnt that beery and reminded me of those fruit flavoured sparkling wines.
at $8 a bottle i wont buy it again.

IMGP1306_800x531.jpg

Back