Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_drool2: Nice one!
What are Epic's worth over there? IMO they seem stupidly priced here in Australia.

Hey, paid about NZ$6.50 for the Tuatara APA, $5 for the Epic Pale, $8.99 for the Armageddon and $9.99 for Mayhem...from the bottle o
That was cheap for the Armageddon, which are about $10-$11 in the supermarket and $16ish at the pub. I usually pay $10 wholesale for 500ml Armageddon, so whats that, around $1 Aussie...nah seriously about $8 AUS dollar. What you guys pay?

Just had this the other day...right up my alley along with Epic Armageddon, 8Wired Hop Wired and the 8 Wired Superconductor I tried on Tap a few weeks back as a limited release.

Very bitter, very hoppy, but just what I was expecting...alc heat was up there, but not over-powering.

Paid NZ$7.50 for a 330ml, so a bit dearer but will definitely purchase again...

hardcore-ipa-brewdog.jpg

Not my pic...

EmersonsLondonPorter.jpg
Was OK,. vut nothing special IMO.\

FanoVestkystIPA.jpg
very, very nice. A great IPA.

LesTroisMousquetariesDoppelbock.jpg
Similar to Chimay Blue, but sweeter and fruitier. Couldn't finish the bottle in one setting, but it was polished off the next night. Wouldn't buy it again - chimay is cheaper and IMO better balanced, but don't regret trying it. Their Baltic Porter is sensational...

Had my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Meh. Tastes like the pale ale i did 3 batches ago. Didn't have heaps of hop aroma/flavour, all a bit muted. Balanced and OK but not something i'd go outta my way to buy.

I think i preferred the Torpedo.

Shame, I really liked SNPA when i was in the US 6 years ago, but then again my tastebuds were different

Maybe I am just sick of Chico/US05/1056 flavour. Oh well still have a Punk IPA, Alpha Pale ale to get through and will pick up some Epic when i can find it - till then, loads of whirlpool hops and dry hops in the latest Pale ale :chug:

A nice beer but a bit too big for me. Almost balanced but not quite. Bold hoppiness too masking to my palate.

Man I love Friday :beer:

lowlarge1stchoice.jpg

I like the Adnams and the Directors lots of malt flavour with the Adnams being a bit more roastier as the colour suggests (doesn't show as much in the photo). The Youngs is too grassy for my liking however.

yeah it has very interesting flavour , really enjoyed it . first time i have tried their beers and i will defo be on the look out for some others .

yeah it has very interesting flavour , really enjoyed it . first time i have tried their beers and i will defo be on the look out for some others .
Well the new pale ale is certainly worth a go, and the St Josef's 9.5% belgian monster is great value at purple palate. Looking forward to trying the imperial stout.

Trialled the methode at a pilsner tasting last week and it went down a treat.

KooindaPaleAle.jpg
A very pleasant pale ale after work.

EpicArmageddonIPA.jpg
Yummy. Hops... Great aroma and bitterness. IMO better than the Mayhem.

3RavensMunichHelles.jpg
Disappointing. It might be OK according to it's "style", but not to my taste. To make matters worse I asked for one of these and a 3Ravens Schwarz - but the bloke @ the bottle-o gave me 2 of these...
Oh well, good excuse to go back tomorrow, and while I'm there... :)

Well the new pale ale is certainly worth a go, and the St Josef's 9.5% belgian monster is great value at purple palate. Looking forward to trying the imperial stout.

Trialled the methode at a pilsner tasting last week and it went down a treat.

cool looks like i'm off to purple palate

cheers shed :icon_cheers:

Today, tried a Schneider Aventinus at the Bavarian Cafe, with chilli Spatzle :)
This one was a cracker. I had to leave the car in town and walk home.

Also, scored today from 1st Choice, BBC's Fanny Gertrude's Bickie Beer.
Interesting bottle and size, have to taste at my leisure on a day that isn't before a Monday! They also had a decent supply of Schneider weisse original in stock and the krystall too. Head and shoulders above the avg wheat beer crowd.

Where did you find it that cheap? I want some more... :icon_drool2:

not sure, my wife picked it up when visiting friends in the blue mountains...a little bottlo near Springwood. Not sure of the name but their selection warranted her calling me when she wandered in and saw what was there.

It was a bloody nice beer... :chug:

not sure, my wife picked it up when visiting friends in the blue mountains...a little bottlo near Springwood. Not sure of the name but their selection warranted her calling me when she wandered in and saw what was there.

It was a bloody nice beer... :chug:

Hmmm.... Must find this "little bottlo" :)

There was a good small bottle shop in Wentworth Falls, just off the highway. Had a bunch of UK imports IIRC.

Quite sweet and black, very very black. As hippingmad once described one of my stouts, nothing gets through this bad boy. No where near as bitter as I anticipated. Very nice warming alcohol

08dd639c.jpg

BeerhereYulewine.jpg

1st barleywine I have tried. Wouldn't drink all the time, but nice for something different. As usual, Beer Here have done an excellent job with the label.
Makes me wonder though, why would a Danish brewer do a beer especially for "Xmas in July", when they are in the northern hemisphere, where it's snowing @ xmas in December? I wonder if this one is purley for export? That assumes it it aimed at people in predominantly christian countries in the southern hemisphere - and I thought that would be quite a niche market.
Pfft. Maybe I'm overthinking the whole issue.
Cheers. :)

BeerhereYulewine.jpg

1st barleywine I have tried. Wouldn't drink all the time, but nice for something different. As usual, Beer Here have done an excellent job with the label.
Makes me wonder though, why would a Danish brewer do a beer especially for "Xmas in July", when they are in the northern hemisphere, where it's snowing @ xmas in December? I wonder if this one is purley for export? That assumes it it aimed at people in predominantly christian countries in the southern hemisphere - and I thought that would be quite a niche market.
Pfft. Maybe I'm overthinking the whole issue.
Cheers. :)
Are you sure it is? Haven't translated the label but wouldn't it just be Jule, for Yule, as in Yuletide, or Christmas?

Latest posts

Back