Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Well, the pics not 'whats in the glass' but this was the start of our Saturday arvo, provided by my bro-in-law before he heads off to the UK...nice little supply for the two of us.

23072011.jpg

Epic Armageddon has to be one of my most favourite Beers, while the Tuatara wasnt a bad drop either...

Not a cheap session, but well worth it!

:icon_drool2: Nice one!
What are Epic's worth over there? IMO they seem stupidly priced here in Australia.

Warra48 - I am pretty jealous right now. Some of those beers look awesome. Any standouts?

:icon_drool2: Nice one!
What are Epic's worth over there? IMO they seem stupidly priced here in Australia.

Expensive in NZ too. Around $9NZ a single 500ml. Never seen a case.

cheers
Andrew.

Enjoying this..... Bitter, hoppy and malty enough to hold it all up....... I much prefered this to the SNPA :)

I would buy this one again!

SNTorpedoIPA1152x1728.jpg

Warra48 - I am pretty jealous right now. Some of those beers look awesome. Any standouts?

I pretty much enjoyed them all in their own right, but these were a cut above the ordinary:

Grolsch Kanon (about 10% ABV, it's one that would sneak up on you in a hurry, malty but didn't taste like the ABV%, as it's still balanced)
Weihanstephan (the best of all the wheats I drank, I'd be a happy chappie if I could duplicate it in my brews)
Delfts Mueselare (a really old fashioned style Dutch Ale, delicious)
Kanterbrau & Grimbergen (for their fresh Belgian flavours and esters you just don't get from the bottled stuff locally)
Kwok (a lovely malty old style light brown Belgian style ale, with a nice edge to it)

Mmm, Love the hopinator. I try to get up to Holgate every couple of months & that beer is always ordered, unfortunatly sometimes it's the only one oredered if I need to be the taxi home.

Warra looks familiar were those photos taken in the "grote markt "in Antewrp :icon_drool2: jealous

Close, but no cigar this time! Antwerp is one place we didn't go!
The photos were taken in Paris, Lille, Ypres, Brugge, Brussels, Maastricht, and at my brother's home in Hardinxveld_Giessendam.

The photos were taken in Paris, Lille, Ypres, Brugge, Brussels, Maastricht, and at my brother's home in Hardinxveld_Giessendam.
Lucky you.
My bro-in-law arrived for a visit a couple weeks back. I asked him to bring a couple bottles of something funky with him. He didn't have time to run looking for them. He was kind enough to tell me about "some usual standard stuff from the supermarket". Some of those "standard" beers don't even make it here. I didn't invite him back :(

SWMBO has gone to Hobart for a couple of nights, so the Dry July drought has broken early. :)
Had one of my very first HB's, a Wizzards Miff kits and bits - has become quite drinkable with a bit of time in the bottle!
Followed by:
3MontsBieredeFlandre.jpg

Pretty bloody nice! (but then, after over 3 weks without a beer VB would prob. taste OK)
The nice glass came with a 750mL bottle of Duvel, whick should finish the night off nicely. :)

Just finished a chimny blue, first one I've tried. It was great I'll be buying that one again.
only 3.30 aussie at the supermarket here, the big ones with the cork go for 6.
But thats expensive here when you can get a can of really good marzen style beer for a dollar, and megaswill for 25 cents.

Sweet its tops having relos in that area,SWAMBO comes from dutch/belgian border dont mind visiting the inlaws one bit,Warra dont suppose you have a recipe for DeKoninck i love that beer!!!

Just finished a chimny blue, first one I've tried. It was great I'll be buying that one again.
only 3.30 aussie at the supermarket here, the big ones with the cork go for 6.
But thats expensive here when you can get a can of really good marzen style beer for a dollar, and megaswill for 25 cents.
Bradley makes you cry to see what you can buy in the Lidl (spanish version of Aldi) Franziskainer for 99 euro cents :rolleyes:
gotta love europe for the variety,quality and price
cheers humulus

Going on my first holiday for aaaages in a week and a half. Got these to have while i'm away- got 5 nights away, so 2 a night should be the ticket. Just gotta work out what order to drink in...

IMG_1493.JPG

I really like this beer, borderline IPA but mostly a strong Pale Ale. Trying to find the IBU on this beer but no luck so far

fd65bcd0.jpg

Latest posts

Back