Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Era bistro at 102 Melbourne street south Brisbane opposite the convention centre. It's ok, but the other ones up at west end are better.

Have a sniff at the 5th Element bottlo as well.

My poor old faithful beer glass. It has served me well for over 20 years, and I hope will continue to do so, however it saw the comments casting aspersions on it's cosmetic merits on the previous page and is now refusing to pose for any photos for AHB. I hope the person who instigated this unprovoked attack is satisfied. :p

Anyhoo, had to pick the boy up from work today and popped into Crown Cellars on the way home. Thought I'd try a Moo Brew or two (as I've now sampled most the rest of their range). The thoughtful young man who served me gave me a new beer glass with my purchase. Thats it, on your left in the photo. It holds 330ml. How convenient! :)

MooBrewPilsner.jpg
Quite a nice beer too.

MooBrewdarkale.jpg

Light on the fizz, so you can slam it down fast! But better than solo (tm). And too nice to "slam down fast". But still light on the fizz, which suits it well.

My poor old faithful beer glass. It has served me well for over 20 years, and I hope will continue to do so, however it saw the comments casting aspersions on it's cosmetic merits on the previous page and is now refusing to pose for any photos for AHB. I hope the person who instigated this unprovoked attack is satisfied. :p

Anyhoo, had to pick the boy up from work today and popped into Crown Cellars on the way home. Thought I'd try a Moo Brew or two (as I've now sampled most the rest of their range). The thoughtful young man who served me gave me a new beer glass with my purchase. Thats it, on your left in the photo. It holds 330ml. How convenient! :)

MooBrewPilsner.jpg
Quite a nice beer too.

Ahhhh, Spalt in a pilsner....... In six months this will be my go to lager and the Cock and Bull (where it was on tap a month or so ago) will be my local.

Ahhhh, Spalt in a pilsner....... In six months this will be my go to lager and the Cock and Bull (where it was on tap a month or so ago) will be my local.

:icon_offtopic:

When do you flock off? We should have a session @ the German club before then :chug:

MooBrewdarkale.jpg

Light on the fizz, so you can slam it down fast! But better than solo (tm). And too nice to "slam down fast". But still light on the fizz, which suits it well.

Nice glass mate. :icon_cheers: Much better than that pisspot mug you were using. Beer tastes much better out of a fancy glass everytime. :beerbang: Use the mug for harvesting yeast that is what it is good for.

IMG_0271_1_.JPG

For this cold night in FNQ... Westmalle tripel and leek and potato soup. Been a bum all day :)

Stoke Amber
Stoke.jpg
Brewed by the Macashin family of Mac's fame. Pretty decent and sessionable amber ale, decent malt backbone thats a little bit caramelly which ties in well with a lingering bitterness and touch of hop at the end. Bottle says organic hops so I'm guessing B saaz. Actually does remind me of a less hoppy Sassy Red with a better yeast.
:icon_offtopic:

When do you flock off? We should have a session @ the German club before then :chug:
Will be on the last boat before they jack up the price for the tourist season, so start of December. Will drag myself along to one of the AHB things before I go, no Kostrizer at the German Club at the moment, and none for a month yet.

BridgeRoadschestnutpilsner.jpg

Can definatley taste the chestnuts.
Another beer that would be pretty good in the warmer weather for a session, but not so much my ideal "winter beer".

ChimayTripel.jpg

Do the Belgians know how to make a bad beer?
I'm moving to Brussels!
(I wish)

Jeeze. You really took the glass thing seriously, hey?

Now all we need to do is get you to turn the light on occasionally. lol

@ bum - thats my usual "big beer" glass. :)
Usually I use my bike light for pics, but it's on the charger. Without the camera flash the pics ate all yellow and look shite. With it... I'm not a photographer's bootlace...

@ peas and corn - I guess even the Belgians have a megaswill...

DuvelGoldenale.jpg

Very citrusy aromas and flavour. I reckon would be awesome with seafood.

Just got a 4 pack of brewdog IPA. Hope its nice!.

Yep, its nice alright!. Good bitterness, good malt, and some hop aroma and flavour. Deceptively easy drinking for 6%. I would buy this again for sure. Wish they did 6 packs instead of 4 though

True. How did Stella slip through the Belgian QC net?

Im sure i've had imported stella on tap a few years ago in a sydney pub. Was 100 times better than the bottled shit, and i remember thinking for a mass produced beer it was very good. The bottles i've had since have been no better than corona etc, bland crap. I've also had carslberg on tap, and wow, it is a sensational beer. Again, the bottled crap we get is not even remotely close to it.

Very nice beer. Will definately be on the future brew list.

Cheers.

photo2.JPG

Back