Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their Kriek, is not very nice at all. Pretty sure I didn't finish this one. And I usually finish my beers, regardless
0f09d202.jpg

I recieved this in the post from the BIL, unfortunatly, it was riddled with the most diacetly I've ever encountered, I could not get past it to taste the beer
09f9e7d4.jpg

Went to vists Luke @ Crown Cellars today. Came home with a Mad Brewer's Stout Noir, a Seven Sheds Elephant's Trunk, and this:
BridgeRoadsBeechworthChevalierSaison.jpg

Not bad at all, and I think most beer drinkers (megaswillers) would enjoy it too as it is just a nice, well balanced (as long as you love bitter / hops) beer.
Also must be one of the classiest looking labels around. Would not look out of place on the table at a snooty restaraunt. I think in future instead of taking my favourite, and often more expensive, beers to peoples places when we go for dinner I'll take one of these instead - at least until I am making my own totally awesome beers!

Went to vists Luke @ Crown Cellars today. Came home with a Mad Brewer's Stout Noir, a Seven Sheds Elephant's Trunk, and this:
BridgeRoadsBeechworthChevalierSaison.jpg

Not bad at all, and I think most beer drinkers (megaswillers) would enjoy it too as it is just a nice, well balanced (as long as you love bitter / hops) beer.
Also must be one of the classiest looking labels around. Would not look out of place on the table at a snooty restaraunt. I think in future instead of taking my favourite, and often more expensive, beers to peoples places when we go for dinner I'll take one of these instead - at least until I am making my own totally awesome beers!
Where is crown cellars?
Where can I find this around the SE burbs of Melbourne?

MaltShovelBreweryMadbrewersStoutNoir.jpg

Well, at least I won't die wondering...
Won't drink this one again. Way too sweet for my taste, esp. for a stout. Liquorice lollywater, the kiddies should love it.

I picked this one up from Mane Liquor in Perth as well...

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

:icon_drool2:

seriously frickin' awesome RIS... beautifully full, languid mouthfeel, big dark fruit and plum pudding notes, fantasticly balanced bitterness profile, lovely long finish... A winter's night sipping dream. A close second to the Murray's Wild Thing...

Haven't seen them on this side of the country, but I'm going to have to have a bit of a harder search now...or con someone in Perth to swing past Mane in Belmont and grab me a couple more to post over...

I picked this one up from Mane Liquor in Perth as well...

View attachment 46377

View attachment 46378

:icon_drool2:

seriously frickin' awesome RIS... beautifully full, languid mouthfeel, big dark fruit and plum pudding notes, fantasticly balanced bitterness profile, lovely long finish... A winter's night sipping dream. A close second to the Murray's Wild Thing...

Haven't seen them on this side of the country, but I'm going to have to have a bit of a harder search now...or con someone in Perth to swing past Mane in Belmont and grab me a couple more to post over...
Hey Tony did that come in a corked wax sealed 750mL bottle?
I'm pretty sure there's a bottle of this that's been patiently resting in my cellar for the last two years...and another Barley Wine of some sorts from the same brewer that is uber strong.

Very close, Muggus, it was in a wax sealed regular crown cap stubby... I had a fish around on their website though, and I'm seriously contemplating sending them an email regarding shipping a box of mixed beers our here

Very close, Muggus, it was in a wax sealed regular crown cap stubby... I had a fish around on their website though, and I'm seriously contemplating sending them an email regarding shipping a box of mixed beers our here
Makes me wonder where I got the beers I have from...
I'm guessing they must've been amongst the first de Molen beers to come into the country at Slow Beer...because i've never seen them at Warners.

After my graduation I grabbed a Sinha Stout, Epic Hop Zombie and shared a Sierra Nevada Black Barleywine from Acland Cellars.

Sinha Stout is fantastic. Their lager is....uninteresting....but boy does this stout kick goals, has a lovely tamarind-like tart sweetness....and 8.8% too.

The Hop Zombie was. full. on. Huge flavour and aroma hopping, very light body and colour. Lightest IPA I've seen in a long time, comparable to a lager. Due to the light malt I reckon it lacks a bit of balance because of the massive hop hit.

Barleywine was pretty huge too. Big without being belgian, and roasty without being a stout. Very tasty.

Holgate ESB. everything I'd hoped it would be.

edit: wouldn't mind doing a side by side with sunny coast Rye ESB.

y0cq.jpg

RE: De Molens. There are 750mls of Rasputin, and the barleywine is called Bommen & Granaten (Bombs & Grenades). If you picked them up a couple of years ago, it would have been the first shipment that came into the country.

Plenty more De Molen hitting Perth in a couple of days, too.

Slowbeer usually have some of theirs in most times I go - never bought any though. I think I'll be heading in next week so I'll see what they've got. I'll be interested to see if it stacks up to Old Rasputin (and even more interested to see which beer came first).

Old Rasputin came first. They then sued De Molen for the name to be changed in the US when a small shipment of that went over there.

Try slowbeer. http://www.slowbeer.com.au/index.php?searc...t&Submit=Go
I'm rinsing my stout taste buds with a 4 Pines offering now - thats more like it. No pic. ATM, camera battery flat. :( Snapped a couple with my 'phone, might add one tomorrow if (pics) any good.

I think the Noir stout is ok, its certianly very liquorrichey, but i think ti will age ok

and also a bigups for the Beermasons, I joined thier "Club" with a bit of apprehension, but the packs do seem to just get better, and a
re now possibly actually good value fro money,

+++++5663++

+3.0
do9+n6t 965+

Latest posts

Back