Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RE: De Molens. There are 750mls of Rasputin, and the barleywine is called Bommen & Granaten (Bombs & Grenades). If you picked them up a couple of years ago, it would have been the first shipment that came into the country.

Plenty more De Molen hitting Perth in a couple of days, too.
I'd say I got part of that first shipment. Great to see more of their beers out here nowadays!

I think the Noir stout is ok, its certianly very liquorrichey, but i think ti will age ok

and also a bigups for the Beermasons, I joined thier "Club" with a bit of apprehension, but the packs do seem to just get better, and a
re now possibly actually good value fro money,

+++++5663++

+3.0
do9+n6t 965+

Does Chris from Master Chef own Beer Masons? I would like to join but have severe reservations about giving that guy my money....

ea5a0d6a-e86c-417c-aaf8-da393a3e04de.jpg
sorry my kid did that, if you can work out the code, youll be able to build a flux capacitor

Does Chris from Master Chef own Beer Masons? I would like to join but have severe reservations about giving that guy my money....

dont really know, don't watch commercial tv, but nevertheless the packs are ok, and I woudla ssume the margins in the product is fairly slim,

No. He was involved, although not the sole owner, but got out/sold his share or some such during/after Masterchef.

edit: Disclaimer. I'm pretty certain that's the case. I'm sure I remember hearing that but it may have been at ANHC 2010, and so therefore a little blurry...

:icon_offtopic:
what a silly thing to say. just because you saw some footage from a TV program your making a judgement about the guy. yes he does own beer masons. yes its been runnning for years. yes there are guys on AHB who are also members. no I never heard a bad thing about them. no im not a member - i can buy my own beer. no affil etc etc. He also has a cook book and a restaurant - Josie Bones. yeah real dodgy bloke.

4Pinespaleale.jpg

Had this, amongst others last night.
Great aroma, head and look, but the taste was a bit of a let down. A touch too sweet. Too much diacetyl? Butterscotch flavours and "buttery" mouthfeel. Would have probably been OK with more bittering hops to balance it, or maybe it's just me. Becomming a bit of a "hop head" lately.

Going. By the kolsch I had recently I'd say it would be diacetyl the beer I had was rank with it

BoatrockerHoppBier.jpg

No nasties in this one.
Yum! Delicate malts and great hops,bittering, flavour and aroma.
More of a summertime session beer than a winter warmer, but a really nice beer anyway.

Where can i get myself a Barleywine in Bris? last i was in ERA and Nectar didn't see any... Nothing stood out to me in the Archive bottle shop either... admittedly this was a couple of weeks back, but been looking for a while. Anyone know where else may have a selection?

:icon_offtopic:
what a silly thing to say. just because you saw some footage from a TV program your making a judgement about the guy. yes he does own beer masons. yes its been runnning for years. yes there are guys on AHB who are also members. no I never heard a bad thing about them. no im not a member - i can buy my own beer. no affil etc etc. He also has a cook book and a restaurant - Josie Bones. yeah real dodgy bloke.

Am I not allowed to like the stereotype the media/he portrayed? Like it or not stereotypes make the world easier to live in, are a part of everyone's daily lives and have a huge impact on people's decisions. I just thought he was full of himself and wouldn't like to give him my money. I am totally sure they aren't dodgy, they seem to be getting rave reviews from people on this website which made me consider joining. Maybe I should have explained my reasons further, but I did not say he was dodgy.

anyhoo.......

Picked up a carton of Sierra Nevada Pale from the International Beer Store and had one last night. I was told they are being refrigerated for the whole trip. I don't know if it was being told they were fresher or the fact that they were I got lots more hop flavour resiny after taste. At the new pricing its awesome!

Brewdog Punk IPA in cans... I will be honest the only reason I bought them is the fact that the cans look awesome, that and It is an awesome beer.

I also purchased a HaandBryggeriet Farewell ale and Hesjeol, both awesome! I wish I could make something like the Hesjeol. don't think I am up to using bugs yet.

JamiesonBeastIPA.jpg

Indian PALE ale?
It tastes a lot better than it looks. :)
Not that expensive, as far as craft beers go, and 7% abv, I reckon a 6 pack could do some damage. :)

Indian (sic) PALE ale?
It tastes a lot better than it looks. :)
Pale just refers to it the colour of the malts used - i.e. it ends up paler than a stout or porter - which that most assuredly is. And apart from the glass, what looks wrong with it? A fine beer by any account.

The colour didn't do it for me. Sort of a dirty orange. It was quite opaque. Having said that - I'll drink it again. Next time, now that I know I like the taste, I'll grab a 6 pack. :)
ps. What's wrong with the glass?
Yep, definately paler than a stout or porter, I think I knew that, but the old memory banks get stuck sometimes...
Next for the evening:
EpicMayhem.jpg
not the Hop Hit I'd hoped for, but I just checked and it is past it's best by date by 3 months. :(
Still not a bad beer at all, but I might try it again and make sure I get a fresher one.

Had one of these tonight;

IMAG0038.jpg

Gauloise Amber Ale
5.5% alc
Made in Belgium

Quite a nice Amber ale, I drank it relatively warm (+/- 10 deg C)...
Seemed a bit 'hot' on the first few tastes (alcohol), but faded into a much smoother beer. Not sure if it was just me but I got a slight tomato aroma on the nose. It lacked depth and character, maybe even a bit watery. Definitely a nice beer, but nothing special about it.

Where can i get myself a Barleywine in Bris? last i was in ERA and Nectar didn't see any... Nothing stood out to me in the Archive bottle shop either... admittedly this was a couple of weeks back, but been looking for a while. Anyone know where else may have a selection?
Hey argon what & where is ERA ?

I've been on the hunt for the best bottle'o's around Brisbane and I know about Nectar, Archive, Festival Cellars but can't work out what ERA stands for, cheers.

Hey argon what & where is ERA ?

I've been on the hunt for the best bottle'o's around Brisbane and I know about Nectar, Archive, Festival Cellars but can't work out what ERA stands for, cheers.
Era bistro at 102 Melbourne street south Brisbane opposite the convention centre. It's ok, but the other ones up at west end are better.

Back