What's happened to our country?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curly79 said:
Received this email today with a note to pass on to others. Gunna cause a few debates but i reckon what crazy Bobs saying is true.

IN MT WARREN PARK SHOPPING CENTRE, (QLD) NO ANZAC BADGES WERE ALLOWED TO BE SOLD, BECAUSE
THE OWNER OF THE COMPLEX IS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST, AND REFUSED PERMISSION. .
COLES (BI LO ) PUT UP A BIG FIGHT BUT HE OWNS THE LAND AND THE BUILDINGS AND HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OVER THE BUSINESS PEOPLE RENTING FROM HIM.

WELL AT LAST A POLITICIAN WHO SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!
On the basis of this email, the day will come when the ANZAC Day Parade will be banned, RSL’s will close and Australian soldier s will wear a different uniform. As Bob Katter says below, the Australian flag is already forbidden in some public areas. Sometimes I wonder if we can still call this place Australia – it’s already owned by many foreign countries now with huge investments in place.
Whether you love him or hate him, he hits a raw nerve!

Bob Katter …. Saying it as it is:
-----

My great, great, great grandfather watched as his friends died in the Boer War.
My grandfather watched and bled as his friends died in World Wars 1&2.
My grandfather watched as his friends & brothers died in the Depression of 32.
My father watched as his friends died in Korea .
I watched as my friends died in Vietnam, East Timor & Desert Storm.
Our sons and daughters watched & bled as their friends died in Afghanistan and Iraq .
None of them died for the Afghanistan and Iraq Flag.
Every Australian died for the Australian flag.

At a Victorian high school foreign students raised a Middle East flag on a school flag pole. Australian students took it down.
Guess who was expelled...the students who took it down.
West Australian high school students were sent home, because they wore T-shirts with the Australian flag printed on them.
Enough is enough.

This message needs to be viewed by every Australian; and every Australian needs to stand up for Australia . We've bent over to appease the Aussie-haters long enough. I'm taking a stand.

I'm standing up because of the hundreds of thousands who died fighting in wars for this country, and for the Australian flag.
Personally, I think it's just another bullshit story. Next they'll be saying some joker has stopped coles from selling pork.

When you take "That" stand against something that hasn't happened, where will you be?

No shit? One or two people have already pointed this out to me mate. Thanks anyway.

Are they opposing anzac day as a commemoration of sacrifice and contemplation of the futility of war, or anzac day as a jingoistic orgy of self congratulation and hero worship plus a big dash of corporate marketing? Cos I'm against opposing one of those and all for opposing the other...

Airgead said:
Are they opposing anzac day as a commemoration of sacrifice and contemplation of the futility of war, or anzac day as a jingoistic orgy of self congratulation and hero worship plus a big dash of corporate marketing? Cos I'm against opposing one of those and all for opposing the other...
Yeah, its a bit like that. Personally I'd rather sit with a beer and make quiet toast to a pic of my forever 21 year old grandfather in his RAAF uniform. They can keep the feedback loop of overexposure.

So with that, I shall roll out that famous tribute offered by, in my opinion, one of the greatest leaders and statesmen in modern history.
Secularist,revolutionary, humanaterian and hard drinker. The only man permitted to be bear the name 'Atatürk'. You want to talk about 'leaders', there are none today.
If there had been more men like him leading the middle east, and less ayatollahs and mullahs, we would be living in a vastly different world today.

Those heroes who shed their blood and lost their lives ... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours ... You, the mothers who sent their sons from faraway countries, wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

In my opinion ANZAC day is for one purpose only, to acknowledge and remember the sacrifices made in the arena of war, it's no good contemplating the futility of war,war is something which we all have to live with, it is never going to go away, unfortunately it will be with mankind until doomsday.

Perhaps that's because we don't contemplate its futility as often as we should...

Its not us we have to worry about contemplating the futility of war,we already are aware of how futile it is, its the others :ph34r: Look what happened to poor old Nev in 1938 :unsure:

Airgead said:
When has ANZAC day ever been a jingoistic orgy of self congratulation and hero worship? I'm sure most people think of it as a day to reflect on the sacrifice made by young men and women in times of war.

And I'm pretty sure nearly everyone is opposed to the corporate exploitation of it.

Black Devil Dog said:
When has ANZAC day ever been a jingoistic orgy of self congratulation and hero worship? \
Erm... yesterday? Did you actually watch any of the over the top 24/7 coverage of it? Did you listen to any of the vox pops from people at parades (one of who actually compared those who volunteered to go off to fight with the stolen generations)? Did you not hear the weeks of media build up in the hopes of a ratings extravaganza? Did you not watch any of the 20 or so "Anzacs, **** they were brilliant" TV specials in the weeks and months leading up? Did you miss all that?

I don't think it was me who missed the significance of 100 years since tens of thousands of young Australians fought and died in WW1 and the numerous wars since then.

It's called commemoration, not Jingoistic orgy bullshit.

I actually went as I do each year,I think most people form their own views and I can't imagine any one taking any notice of anything other than reflecting on the actions of the ones who actually went into battle.

GrumpyPaul said:
Does anyone know how I can make some beer?
Why, yes- with Halal certified grain, hops and yeast, of course! Just be sure your water has been blessed, and that all flouride has been removed. That stuff will rot your teeth.

They had a tank at each end of the field firing blanks at half time during the rugby union yesterday, that was a bit silly.

Liam_snorkel said:
They had a tank at each end of the field firing blanks at half time during the rugby union yesterday, that was a bit silly.
You sure they didn't have 15 tanks at each end firing blanks? That's what happens most weeks at the rugby.

Latest posts

Back