What's happened to our country?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly79

Reaction score
Received this email today with a note to pass on to others. Gunna cause a few debates but i reckon what crazy Bobs saying is true.

IN MT WARREN PARK SHOPPING CENTRE, (QLD) NO ANZAC BADGES WERE ALLOWED TO BE SOLD, BECAUSE
THE OWNER OF THE COMPLEX IS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST, AND REFUSED PERMISSION. .
COLES (BI LO ) PUT UP A BIG FIGHT BUT HE OWNS THE LAND AND THE BUILDINGS AND HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OVER THE BUSINESS PEOPLE RENTING FROM HIM.

WELL AT LAST A POLITICIAN WHO SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!
On the basis of this email, the day will come when the ANZAC Day Parade will be banned, RSL’s will close and Australian soldier s will wear a different uniform. As Bob Katter says below, the Australian flag is already forbidden in some public areas. Sometimes I wonder if we can still call this place Australia – it’s already owned by many foreign countries now with huge investments in place.
Whether you love him or hate him, he hits a raw nerve!

Bob Katter …. Saying it as it is:
-----

My great, great, great grandfather watched as his friends died in the Boer War.
My grandfather watched and bled as his friends died in World Wars 1&2.
My grandfather watched as his friends & brothers died in the Depression of 32.
My father watched as his friends died in Korea .
I watched as my friends died in Vietnam, East Timor & Desert Storm.
Our sons and daughters watched & bled as their friends died in Afghanistan and Iraq .
None of them died for the Afghanistan and Iraq Flag.
Every Australian died for the Australian flag.

At a Victorian high school foreign students raised a Middle East flag on a school flag pole. Australian students took it down.
Guess who was expelled...the students who took it down.
West Australian high school students were sent home, because they wore T-shirts with the Australian flag printed on them.
Enough is enough.

This message needs to be viewed by every Australian; and every Australian needs to stand up for Australia . We've bent over to appease the Aussie-haters long enough. I'm taking a stand.

I'm standing up because of the hundreds of thousands who died fighting in wars for this country, and for the Australian flag.

Any proof that Anzac badges couldn't be sold for that reason or just more doubt seed sowing crap that spreads like halal being worth 3 trillion dollars per year or whatever?

Please check facts and list sources before spreading this kind of thing as in its current form it is pure unsubstantiated rumour.

The day I start taking inspiration from Bob Katter is hopefully the same day I die from tertiary syphilis.

Just googled anzac badges banned and guess what?

It's a ******* internet/facebook Hoax. Let's spread the hate cos it's really going to help all of us.
Reading a little further, the above shiteful message is not even something Bob Katter actually said so it's a sham from top to bottom.
Whatever side of politics you come from, whatever opinion you hold, please exercise some ******* critical thinking and stop believing every bit of shit you read on the net.

How the **** was I supposed to know it was a hoax manticle?

Manticle the All Knowing strikes again!

Same way I did. Bullshit meter detects bullshit, person uses google and checks. Do that for Nigerian princes, free laptops and inflammatory racist bullshit.
I don't think you have any right to be defensive or insulting. What you posted was pure crap so wear it on the chin, move on and be more sceptical next time.

Raise you voice swear at me and I'll do the same back mate. Simple.

As Manticle said critical thinking helps. At least 90% of the shit on social media is bullshit. Especially the racially hatred stuff.

Curly79 said:
Raise you voice swear at me and I'll do the same back mate. Simple.
Sorry for typing so loudly.
Your post was still fabricated, indefensible bullshit

A simple. "Hey curly. Just googled your email and it turns out it's a hoax, blah blah blah" will do the trick next time thanks

Mate you won't get leprosy because I swore. My frustration at this kind of thing goes beyond just you -it's the 5 likes in 10 minutes, it's the knowledge that despite easily available fact checking, this crap will get circulated and believed and recirculated and probably pop up again next year. Even Bob Katter is getting tired of having his name associated with this kind of rubbish.
I haven't murdered your cats or had sex with your spouse. It's not the end of your world but peddling this rubbish is far more harmful than me using the 'f' word or asking you (and anyone reading your post) to use their brains.

And I get totally pissed off at the hypocracy of some who objected to Woollies and others from using "anzac" in their advertising, when I see the "footie" powers promoting their "anzac" weekend games, and using the "anzac" word on their jumpers/jerses/singlets etc. What on earth has stupid football, in whatever code, got to do with "anzac"?
We have a personal interest in Anzac, because my wife's great uncle received 3 different gunshot wounds on the Western Front, at Pozieres and Paaschendaele, before being repatriated to Australia.

manticle said:
I haven't murdered your cats or had sex with your spouse.
Or vice versa.

The original post pissed me off too. Too many people propagate shit like this because it confirms prejudices they already hold. In any other situation they'd consider the high likelihood of bullshit.

Each year I do FB friends cull based on anyone posting jingoistic crap.

Hmm, pyramid letters did the rounds years ago, before the Internet was born.
But the same shit continues, there will always be some arse wipe who for some sick fucked up reason sends such racist rubbish to people in the hope that it stirs up trouble,and then sits back and thinks they are clever....**** em.
Curly79, this is not directed at you,it's directed at he sick pricks who instigate such shite....**** them again.

an-angry-mob.png

Enough talk, let's go burn down a synagogue!

warra48 said:
And I get totally pissed off at the hypocracy of some who objected to Woollies and others from using "anzac" in their advertising, when I see the "footie" powers promoting their "anzac" weekend games, and using the "anzac" word on their jumpers/jerses/singlets etc. What on earth has stupid football, in whatever code, got to do with "anzac"?
We have a personal interest in Anzac, because my wife's great uncle received 3 different gunshot wounds on the Western Front, at Pozieres and Paaschendaele, before being repatriated to Australia.
Couldn't agree more, I have heard broadcasts of AFL games over the ANZAC weekend rounds of football and the use of words like,heroic/brave etc are enough to give diarrhoea the shits !......ahh bloody hell warra48 now you've gone and got me annoyed. ;).
Be raising more than a few on the weekend all the same.

Latest posts

Back