What's going on with my ferment?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnailAle

Reaction score
Pitched us05 into this pale yesterday at around 3pm checked it now and this is what it looks like. Any ideas? It's sitting at around 21 degrees.

Should I wait longer, repitch over the top or turf It?

20171202_093936.jpg

That looks like a bit of cold break in the wort, so no, just wait. US-05 takes 24hrs to get going, sometimes longer.

yes just cold break, leave it be and the yeast will kick off.

as for US05 taking 24hrs or more, incorrect!

happy viable yeast with the correct amount for your SG and volume when pitched will commence ferment between 10-20hrs.

before 10hrs = overpitch

after 20hrs = uderpitch or handling issues

yes just cold break, leave it be and the yeast will kick off.

as for US05 taking 24hrs or more, incorrect!

happy viable yeast with the correct amount for your SG and volume when pitched will commence ferment between 10-20hrs.

before 10hrs = overpitch

after 20hrs = uderpitch or handling issues
Maybe, but I have found US-05 much slower to show signs of fermententing for someone who KEEPS TAKING THE LID OFF.

Webcam? Waterproof? In the fermenter? Just need a UV free light source.

Maybe, but I have found US-05 much slower to show signs of fermententing for someone who KEEPS TAKING THE LID OFF.

Im bemused to think how that would affect the yeast from starting fermentation??????? WTF.......

Im bemused to think how that would affect the yeast from starting fermentation??????? WTF.......
The actual saying is "a watched kettle never boils". It means that if you keep waiting and watching for something to happen it always seems to take longer.

Last edited:
^ and taking the lid off does what? .....anyway.

Latest posts

Back