Whats a hop you could live with forever?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Styrian goldings.

Or challenger.

Or tettnanger.

Give me one of any of those three and I'll cry less than one of any other.

I'd go along with the noble hops too, but my choice would be Saaz.

I am definitely considered a noobie but my early favourite is Chinook

If only one hop? Any hop actually. Many a brew back to old times were thankfull just to have hops. Whatever they were.

In short. I cant decide.

Galaxy ... Seems to have gone out of fashion but I love it

Cascade is a firm favourite of mine.
Have a soft spot for Chinook too, but not convinced it would work as a single hop.

Tough, Amarillo or EKG, all APAs or IPAs vs British bitters.

My house ales use Amarillo extensively (Dr Smurto's Golden anyone?) but I also love the British bitters and EKG is my go to hop for those.

Northern Brewer.

Depends on the grain bill really.

Whatever they use in Moo Brew pale ale.

Amarillo, bright, refreshing. All these darks and super heavy beers are delightful excursions from my solid sessionable beers. Needed if we're going all highlander.

And it was my first ever hop. I tend to remember losing my virginities of things! :) :D

Cascarillo - its only a matter of time before they cross breed them and I can't split the two.

Citra - not a harsh bitterer, despite the high IBU, in a pinch I could sneak it into an English Ale (with Marmalade tones??), great late, great dry hopper.

Otherwise Willamette - cheap American Fuggles and is a great allrounder in all styles. Does British Beers as a Fuggle substitute very very well.

Latest posts

Back