What Would You Like Our Retailers Or Hbs To Sell?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PistolPatch

Reaction score
This could be an interesting thread - fingers crossed :unsure: Thanks to Batz's Altbier, here goes my, 'New Topic,' for tonight which, if I have time, I'll edit in the morning ;)...

This is the thread to let retailers know what you'd like them to supply.

To get things started, here's a few things I want off the top of my head...

I Want

1. vaccum-packed grain to my door. I'm in WA and no one does it.
2. John Guest ball valves with quick release fittings that fit into Ross's manifold so my entire set-up can be quick-release. No one, including Ross, does it.
3. someone to invent a way of agitating the wort while it is chilling with an immersion chiller. (I know how to do this already if any of you retailers are interested. You know I'll be choosy but!)
4. all retailers to sell auto-syphons.
5. all retailers to sell yeast and hops that are in good condition and labelled correctly.

Anyway, I could go on and on. What do you other brewers want? Must be heaps of things from manifolds to a particular thread and nut. Please post away.

[Edit: Had about 3000 words written here but they are already leading the thread off-topic so I've cut them and will save them for later]

Spot ya,
Pat

*you are the retailer that is willing to start a dialogue between you and the other retailers*

Pretty sure this leads to price fixing which is ACCC's fav chew toy....

Sounds like you need a new HBS PP

I Want

2. John Guest ball valves with quick release fittings that fit into Ross's manifold so my entire set-up can be quick-release. No one, including Ross, does it.
3. someone to invent a way of agitating the wort while it is chilling with an immersion chiller. (I know how to do this already if any of you retailers are interested. You know I'll be choosy but!)
5. all retailers to sell yeast and hops that are in good condition and labelled correctly.

Im sure Ross could accomodate all of your points in the list. Have u asked him about all the items, except #5 which he already does :D

Malt in Aus has a shelf life of 2 years or so, so there wouldnt really be a need for it to be vacuumed. It would only add to the cost.

Pretty sure this leads to price fixing which is ACCC's fav chew toy....

Yer price fixing isnt that fun really. If they all agreed to up the prices on a fixed basis, we would see high pricing without any competition.

Fact is i choose to buy most of my stuff from Ross as he is cheap, and damn fast. Only things i buy from my LHBS atm is still the cans of goo, as postage would suck. (plus Ross doesnt touch the crap :p)

Howdy Linz! It wouldn't lead to price-fixing because guys like us, I hope, would make sure it didn't happen. I reckon, worry about supply before we worry about price...

Edit: Just wiped another 500 or so words I'd written below. Once again too off-topic and I also don't want to wake in a panic - lol. Easy come, easy go! I say this because all the words I wrote in Post #1 and thought I had safely cut and copied have vanished! Perhaps the Beer Gods are telling me I'm posting badly? :huh:

Im sure Ross could accomodate all of your points in the list. Have u asked him about all the items, except #5 which he already does :D

Malt in Aus has a shelf life of 2 years or so, so there wouldnt really be a need for it to be vacuumed. It would only add to the cost.
Yer price fixing isnt that fun really. If they all agreed to up the prices on a fixed basis, we would see high pricing without any competition.

Fact is i choose to buy most of my stuff from Ross as he is cheap, and damn fast. Only things i buy from my LHBS atm is still the cans of goo, as postage would suck. (plus Ross doesnt touch the crap :p)

Sorry Yeasty only just caught your post.

I'm in WA now so Ross can only do No 5 of my original post. When I was in the East he could also do No 1 which was very important to me as I don't have a mill and only know the day before if I am going to brew. Points 2 and 4 I have raised with him and Rossco can reply to that better than I can. Point 3 I have not raised with him.

So, now that I'm in WA, things are quite inconvenient. Hence this 'dream' thread.

Spot!

Getting back on the main topic, while we're dreamin' I want...

A, 'manual' thermometer, like the traditional brewer's thermometer (convex SS shield around it) that is 12 inches long and reads accurately at mash and fermentation temps. This means that if I buy 2 they will both read the same. Find me that!

A bit past bedtime ;)
Pat

PP, Is TWOC really that bad? Body odour aside..
My mill is available for a sample of the finished product

Go to bed Sinkas. You need to rest up for the big party at your place this weekend ;) I'm bringing my seven sisters.

No, TWOC is good mate but I can't get a lot of stuff there. Grain's a bit exxy too eh?

I Want

we do
JG don't make one, so pretty difficult to stock B)
Many do,m whirlpooling by means of a pump
4. all retailers to sell auto-syphons.Awkward size for an online shop
We do

Cheers Ross

Spot ya,
Pat

How many outlets have you on your manifold Pat?
I think I have enough fittings in my box of tricks here ;) Not JG but the same quick release type fittings,better quality really...they have stainless threads :p

No hurry mate see you were still posting at around 2.30 this morning :lol: Nice that Alt hey? :lol:

Batz

Back to the thread

I think Craftbrewer stocks anything I need,if not you may have to look outside the LHBS.

Batz

Batz's Altbier strikes again! Next time I'm using 60% of the grain bill :blink:

T.D.: Vacuum packed grain is great for those who don't have a mill. You can order your grain crushed and then brew it when convenient.

Ross: I thought that it was too expensive to get the grain to Perth? Is it?

Batz: LOL. I've got 6 outlets but don't use them all. What you have sounds perfect! Excellent.

Warren: Good on ya! Can't go on and on now as I have run out of fuel ;)

Goat: Unfortunatley, they don't have what I'm after either. Thanks for the link though.

Not sure why I started this thread but it seemed like a good idea when I did have enough fuel on board. I thought that people might come up with some obscure but interesting ideas. Also just realised I should pass on my wort agitating idea to BrissyBrew. He might be able to build it.

Spot ya and thanks,
Pat

Batz's Altbier strikes again! Next time I'm using 60% of the grain bill :blink:

T.D.: Vacuum packed grain is great for those who don't have a mill. You can order your grain crushed and then brew it when convenient.

Ross: I thought that it was too expensive to get the grain to Perth? Is it?

Batz: LOL. I've got 6 outlets but don't use them all. What you have sounds perfect! Excellent.

Warren: Good on ya! Can't go on and on now as I have run out of fuel ;)

Goat: Unfortunatley, they don't have what I'm after either. Thanks for the link though.

Not sure why I started this thread but it seemed like a good idea when I did have enough fuel on board. I thought that people might come up with some obscure but interesting ideas. Also just realised I should pass on my wort agitating idea to BrissyBrew. He might be able to build it.

Spot ya and thanks,
Pat

And it's his birthday today I see...

A few more Alts tonight coming up :chug:

Happy birthday PP :party:

Cheers.

Getting back on the main topic, while we're dreamin' I want...

A, 'manual' thermometer, like the traditional brewer's thermometer (convex SS shield around it) that is 12 inches long and reads accurately at mash and fermentation temps. This means that if I buy 2 they will both read the same. Find me that!

A bit past bedtime ;)
Pat

As above. :D

Sounds like an opening for you to open a On- Line store in W.A Pat.

happy Birthday as well old fella :p

Rook

This could be an interesting thread - fingers crossed :unsure: Thanks to Batz's Altbier, here goes my, 'New Topic,' for tonight which, if I have time, I'll edit in the morning ;)...

This is the thread to let retailers know what you'd like them to supply.

I Want

Anyway, I could go on and on. What do you other brewers want? Must be heaps of things from manifolds to a particular thread and nut. Please post away.

[Edit: Had about 3000 words written here but they are already leading the thread off-topic so I've cut them and will save them for later]

Spot ya,
Pat

I was up doing some work at midnight - and read your 2000 word essay/wish list - how come you deleted it?. You must have way too much time on your hands Pat - typing all that diatribe then deleting it.

I particularly enjoyed your comment about retailers 'getting on' with each other - co-operating more - nearly wet myself. I thought what us consumers wanted was service and competition - not co-operation and price fixing?

And why would you want ANOTHER auto-syphon - you know they are useless - they MELT!? :excl:

Have a happy Birthday

RM

PS - top of your list should be a grain mill - never mind the pre cracked vac packed grain.

Some coke would be nice.

I sometimes take one of the kids with me and they need a drink.

cheers
johnno

Latest posts

Back