What Will You Be Drinking Whilst Watching The Acl?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soccer is going to take over afl and nrl....just have to wait for some of the die hards to *die*

I'd suggest EVERYONE currently registered with AHB will be dead before that happens.

Soccer will never be Australia's premier football code. Does the term "premier code" hold any importance anyway ?Just face fact that the world will always have a number of football codes and Australia will always have 4 of them. Who's "No.1 "? Who cares ! It's like saying low carb lager will be the world's most popular beer. I'll still drink and brew black ales (and APAs and IPAs etc)

I'm a man who has played and coached all four codes of football and enjoy them all at various times. Rugby League is my favourite, but not to the exclusion of any other code. It just depends on the "tribe" that's playing and whether I have any interest in them.

Adelaide 5-0 in the second leg :icon_cheers:

I'd suggest EVERYONE currently registered with AHB will be dead before that happens.

Soccer will never be Australia's premier football code. Does the term "premier code" hold any importance anyway ?Just face fact that the world will always have a number of football codes and Australia will always have 4 of them. Who's "No.1 "? Who cares ! It's like saying low carb lager will be the world's most popular beer. I'll still drink and brew black ales (and APAs and IPAs etc)

I'm a man who has played and coached all four codes of football and enjoy them all at various times. Rugby League is my favourite, but not to the exclusion of any other code. It just depends on the "tribe" that's playing and whether I have any interest in them.

Adelaide 5-0 in the second leg :icon_cheers:

I don't understand why soccer fans think that their sport needs to compete so vigorously with AFL/NRL- the former being a summer sport, the latter being winter sports...

Soccer is a year-round sport. It may be at the summer olympics, but you usually don't play soccer in the snow.

so did you get it set up??? well easy it is....quality isn't as great as foxtel - but better than nothing...

Hi Phill, yep got it to work. Well I delegated to my son who is studying to be a coputer nerd. Though the channel we were on dropped out for some reason. Not sure if it was us or them. missed about 20min of the second half. I guess we have a few days before the next leg to work it out :)

Also we frigged around hooking it up to the TV. so tha may have had something to do with it.

your right about the quality, but what do you want for nothing. :D

H.

I don't understand why soccer fans think that their sport needs to compete so vigorously with AFL/NRL- the former being a summer sport, the latter being winter sports...

Not all 'fans' think that. I play, coach and watch Football (Soccer) and have done for 20 odd years and I couldn't care less where the sport is ranked in Australia. In fact I also love league, NRL, so I'd hate to see either of these great games suffer because of the other.

As for the ACL, I think Adelaide have a huge up hill battle, and I don't think they'll be succesful but I'd like to be proven wrong. Not that I like Adelaide, just that its good for the game in Australia and Australia's representation throughout Asia.

Beer wise... (more important than sport talk) I was drinking a Kolsh recipe I brewed that a fellow AHBer gave me :)

I think this is more of a media hype than what really happens. Most people I know enjoy the different codes available whether it's AFL, NRL, Rugby Union or Soccer. The ones that argue that their code is "the best" have never tried to understand the other codes.

Anyway the best thing about all these sports is that they encourage you to sit in front of the TV and drink beer :icon_cheers:

H.

Latest posts

Back