What did Santa bring you 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leighaus said:
Pair of air Jordan's,
Canvas art,
Lonely planet Book on sth America
Couple beer glasses
And most importantly
Health and happiness and
peas_and_corn said:
Don't leave me hanging!
An incurable disease from the the jungles in the Lonely Planet book ?.

I got the book "American Sour Beers" by Michael Tonsmeire and 3 tap decal holders for the kegerator. Very happy indeed!

I got a 3 tap font up graded from a twin for the kegerator (last year gift)
2 perlick taps
s/s drip tray
fresh wort kit
and a dart board

Fill central column with ice.Gentle pour into outer void via bronco hose.
And it lights up.
Yippee ka yay.

beer-dispenser.jpg

A new 47lt esky to be converted into a mush tun,
The promise of my first immersion chiller in the new year,
A craft beer tasting 8 pack (from BWS methinks),
A good soaking from my nephews in our christmas waterfight,
and the leave to get properly pissed on boxing day...

GrumpyPaul said:
Could be bothered taking pics so have added links...but I scored well.

• Scored on of those mini keg chargers ( the ones with a mini regulator and uses soda cartridges) of youngest son.
  • A really nice book set from MrsGrumpy - one book is a nice read about styles around the world and a heap of general beer-y stuff, second book is a tasting book you can write tasting notes in.
  • Daughter gave me a mini remote corntolled beer cooler esky thing. Its a novelty thing really, basically a plastic bucket on wheels - but it will be fun to drive a few beers accross the room.
  • A beer chill stick of the son in laws mother.

and not beer related, but MrsGrumpy also brought me a Smartwatch which is a very cool little gadget to play with.
And two new signs for the Bbq/bar area. (The two outside ones).

Needless to say the one one the left is coming down when grandma comes to visit

1419662763323.jpg

I got a bunnings voucher from the MIL..... So after buying enough stuff to keep SWMBO happy, I got a 25L water drum to be a 2nd fermenter.

Plus I got a precision ratchet screwdriver kit, 3mm vinyl tube and super glue...... amassing the requirements for a tap king hack.

Bit spoiled this year!! Santa is a lil slow on delivery with the brew Pi gear but got a stir pate and flasks, now as well doing their bit as I type. Amazingly I can still type after the big brew day with the neighbor that started at 11am, just finished up! The missus got home from work with burgers and said to me "your glass is empty! I'll grab you one when I get mine !!! " The brew assistant bless his 4yo sole is in bed out cold after spending the day doing doughnuts on the front lawn in his 12v electric car (watch out Jamie). Sat back watching the cricket while the rig did it's thing.
TOP Christmas, but I know Santa only comes once a year. Pity the weather next week end looks like a pearla.....

Got a 'Man Cave' sign and a box of new beer glasses(360ml...perfect for the stubbies I bottle in) and a new computer for creating tasty recipes.
Oh and yes...the 'we don't drink homebrew' brother in laws finally discovered the true joy of homebrew...alas I got a half emptied beer fridge for Xmas and they went home with most of their 150 lashes tap king bottles......

Wouldn't mind having a crack at those beers roasty ...
What state you in mate ??

edit: Looking for a place to get some :chug:

Only one brew related item this year. A homebrew calendar with a different beer and food recipe for each month. Actually was picked out by my sister-in-law's boyfriend. He's tried a few of my brews and wants to get into it properly after doing the standard K&K, follow tin instructions, no temp control route a few years ago and giving it away because it tasted like shit. Nice bloke and they're getting pretty serious, so hoping he sticks around. Having a brewing brother-in-law would be pretty cool.

Very lucky to get a SS Brewtech Brewmaster bucket, as supplied by the top chaps at Full Pint, which I already have earning it's money with a Chimay Blue clone.

I also got this book full of 'rediscovered' recipes from 1800-1965: http://goo.gl/9B0cMB

It's very good too, I am looking forward to making a few 19th Century porters....

Happy chappy.

GTA-V and a new 48" dedicated gaming LCD + Borderlands II and Borderlands Prequel, have set up the bungalow now to be gaming central.. seems a tad excessive for the limited time I do get to use it but effing awesome none-the-less :beerbang:

+ assorted beer stuff

i have a tricked out PC and a PS4... i barely have time to game on either.. but knowing i have them, makes me feel adequate :)

There is always time for games.

Santa got me a fish tackle box, and the kids got fishing rods. But I also got my self a bag of grain, hops and yeasts. The only beer related thing I got was a stubby holder from mum.

chubbytaxman said:
Wouldn't mind having a crack at those beers roasty ...
What state you in mate ??

edit: Looking for a place to get some :chug:
I'm in nsw chubby. SWMBO got em from beer cartel.

Latest posts

Back