What did Santa bring you 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
So what brew/alcohol related stuff did Santa bring you this year.

I got $100 cash with the message spend on homebrew or at Dans
A bottle of Laphroaig 10yr scotch
A bottle of Bowmore 12yr scotch
A bottle of VSOP superior Meukow Cognac
A glass measuring tube to put my hydrometer in rather than the cheap plastic one.

Got 130bucks to spend at Barleyman....yeast and hops

Also the wife gave me a new fermented

WP_20141225_001.jpg

Your missus gave you a new fermented what ?

Got a boom box/ ghetto blaster that I can plug in USB sticks,handy for brewing podcasts.
It also takes an Ipad,handy for brewing podcasts.
It also takes an IPod ,again handy for brewing podcasts.
It also takes CDs , very handy for all my CDs when not listening to brewing podcasts.
The upshot being that I will now be able to listen to brewing podcasts in my shed because this unit is so powerful I will be able to hear the brewing podcasts anywhere in my shed,or for that matter anywhere I choose.
**** me,if I crank this thing up it will blow the walls of my shed !
Ideal for pissing my neighbours of by playing Nana Miskouri tunes at rupture your eardrums volumes. Am so ****'n happy at that prospect :).
And speaking of plugging/ taking/and docking,Mrs Santa will be getting,later tonight a good.............umm,....thank you :)
Cheers....spog..

I got everything I wished-for: Cleared space to be able to set-up my brewery again after endless months of moving stuff around again..& again..& again..., being unable to brew & spending shitloads on commercial beer. YAY! BREWING again :beerbang: !!

$40 voucher at LHBChainS, probably use on a fresh wort kit as still only 1 shift a week at new work so best value option given current financial status. Chocolates to have in conjunction with Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter from latest swap meet (very bloody nice to be honest),, and a shirt which I wore while having a few libations this fine day.

Not quite Santa, but one of the managers at work was clearing out his shed. I've now got a second brew fridge (442lt), another STC1000 & 2 60lt fermenters.

I guess I should get brewing & knock out a couple of brews to repay him :)

Got a 5 litre Schott Duran Erlenmeyer flask and a digital stir plate, score!!!

I got pants, shirts and thongs I guess I will use them while brewing (but then get in trouble afterward) Usally mow the law or paint the house in the new clothes I get for xmas wife loves when I do that but I just say no time to get changed you want it done now :lol:

But I may choose to brew naked in that case no I didnt get anything brew related apart from a carton of james squire :chug:

Most notably.....

I got some Pilsner Glasses and 3 brews from left coast from the BIL.

I also got 3 chilli plants including a Jolokia from my Wife. Including a bottle special chilli fertilizer. I feel a hot sauce cook up coming on.

And a Jolokia Chilli IPA ;)

1419510390426.jpg

I got a 5L Erlenmeyer, Motion Dynamics worm drive motor, assortment of Tri clover fittings, and the book "Brewing yeast and fermentation- Boulton and Quain"

Wifey got me an awesome big beer book called "Barley and Hops, the Craft Beer Book".

Sister gave me some Pilsner glasses, which is handy as I have none and I have a pils lagering back home.

Mum and Dad gave us some money to put towards a charcoal bbq/smoker.

I feel I have done very well, particularly after getting a Brau just a couple of weeks back.

the mrs bought a caravan (j2013 jayco eagle off-road) she is very happy and as we all know if mumma's happy everyone's happy and that's good enough for me...

oh yeah - as a result of that happiness she bought me that ctn of ballast point ipa - yay! sounds about right/even stevens doesn't it $20k+ and $80 ?

A growler of two birds taco & a rolled foot. Off to emergency this morning with crutches to see what it is. Wife is really happy, with me having just started 10 days leave & 2 rugrats with no childcare or kinder.

Latest posts

Back