What are you brewing 2024

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second the recommendation to try some dark lagers, one of the repeat beers I make as I like them and they are hard to find.

I found a kellerbier recipe that is similar to the Young Henry's natural lager and the Stone&Wood coastal lager and this is the first non dark lager that I have been motivated to make multiple batches on. Much prefer those to the macro lagers and took ages to find a recipe.

Finally getting the finger out and preparing to brew this Munich Dunkel.
It will be the first use of my new Fermenter King Jr.
I’ve come up with a recipe based on listening to a few presentations by Ashleigh Carter.
Last Dunkel I made was way too full-on imho; more like a Dunkel Bock. That one was from a Gordon Strong recipe. I’m not really complaining, as it won a medal for me in the state comp. It didn’t fool the National judges though and only scored low 30s at that level.
This one is only for drinking anyway.
I’m doing a half-sized batch, 36.5% each of Munich 1 & 2, 24.5% Pilsner, and Carafa 3 to fill in the gap.
Decided on Hallertauer Mittelfrueh , and a couple packs of S-23 which need to be used soon.
Will ferment cool, no diacetyl rest, and a long cool lagering period.
Weighed and milled grain today, cleaned the fermenter etc, hopeful to get it all underway on Thursday. Trying to dodge the worst of the weather.

Should make a nice brew. Looks like it will have plenty of malt character.
I love darker beers, and one of my regulars is a Porter.
Currently thinking about when to crack the last 3 bottles of a Belgian Dubbel I brewed a year ago. You have to be in the mood for one of those, it's a sipping beer, not a thirst quencher.

Should make a nice brew. Looks like it will have plenty of malt character.
I love darker beers, and one of my regulars is a Porter.
Currently thinking about when to crack the last 3 bottles of a Belgian Dubbel I brewed a year ago. You have to be in the mood for one of those, it's a sipping beer, not a thirst quencher.
snap! I have 4 bottles of an 18 month old Dubbel, and opened one earlier today. 4 hours later I haven’t quite finished.

Latest posts

Back