Isb Big Belgian Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey croz can we get a list of gear your after so we can coordinate amongst us all

Good idea Barls, thanks for the prompt. Have you ordered the grain yet?

The new "Thermonuclear NoHLT HLT (tm)" should be operational this weekend, but it has a couple of tweaks I need to do before the brew day to sort it! That will cut down a bunch of the logistics & safety issues we've previously had re moving around a lot of hot water!!

Off the top of my head we're going to need the following:
- a 2nd crusher & drill might be handy considering the amount of grain we need to crack
- 2 x 100l pots ( we can use mine, but it doesn't have a tap :-( Craig has said he can bring his so really just looking for another one
- 2 x burners, regs & gas bottles (to go with the 2 pots)
- a march pump & appropriate fittings to suit the pots (again Craig has offered his)
- cubes B)
- beer!!!

I've received the hops, now to finish wiring the shed & cleaning it out etc etc. Lots to do tomorrow, so can't make it to the crawl :(

ill bring the slab cracker with bricks so thats one burner down

I can bring my burner and gas bottle. My kettle is a pitiful 50L so that's no use at all. :)

Won't be able to stay that long unfortunately but can come early to get the brew day rolling.

Shame you can't make the crawl, Phil. :(

Hi guys,
just speaking with Brendan from the NBBC, can we come along and have a look at your major brew day as well?

I promise I won't try to drink any of the Belgian beers :D

thanks
Bjorn

No, definitely not, with your light-beer drinking ways. :angry:

Well, I guess you could come along, as long as you promise to try a lambic or two, or at least something with some flavour. :p :lol:

Bjorn, only if you drink an entire bottle of my sour cherry wit. You have to wait outside on the footpath until you finish it all :chug:

No worries, Mike.

Can't really help much in terms of equipment unfortunately - not really a 100L batch man.

I can bring along a gas bottle if that will help. I have a italian (stallion) spiral burner but only LP reg so not sure if that will be great for the large boils....I can still bring it and my pot if we need the hot water capabilites?

Other than that, I will be certain to bring some tasty beers and foodstuff - speaking of which......did you want me to bring a few plates of something Croz?

im packing the concrete cracker with blocks for the day and ill be loading craig up with the rest of the grain later this week.
also if we are doing funky ill bring along some things.

Depending on my mode of transport to the venue, I can bring a spiral burner and medium pressure reg (low does up to 70, so it should be ok with 100). Will sort out transport later on this evening - may not be able to arrive until after mashing has finished if I'm bringing the spiral.

Hi guys,

Maestro, thanks for the offer but think we're right for gear if:
- barls brings his concrete buster :ph34r: reg & bottle
- craig can bring his big pot, burner, gas bottle, pump & fittings
BTW the plan is for 4 x 150l batches not a 100l batch :)

Is that OK guys?

I have a 2nd gas bottle if we need it + a "small" 100l pot B)

Don't forget your cubes - if you haven't already lined 1 up from Barls.

I must admit I haven't thought about munchies, so feel free to bring something if you want / can / feel like it. Was planning on grabbing a kebab for lunch instead of firing up the bbq.

looking forward to it! Anyone checked out the forecast?

see you all soon. let me know via PM if you need my address

Croz

2 sleeps to go!!!

If you haven't already lined 1 up from Barls, Remember to bring your cubes - cause I don't have enough spares to go round!

Grain, hops & sugar are all here waiting to be re-birthed :p

see you all saturday.

let me know via PM if you need my address

Croz
[/quote]

bump

1 sleep to go!!!

If you haven't already lined 1 up from Barls, Remember to bring your cubes - cause I don't have enough spares to go round!

Grain, hops & sugar are all here waiting to be re-birthed :p

see you all saturday.

let me know via PM if you need my address

Croz

Hiya folks!

Looking forward to it immensely. UNFORTUNATELY, there's always one. I wont be able to stick around all day as planned, as I have to jet off overseas at some ungodly hour on Sunday morning, so I'll be relinquishing a cube of the Abbey Ale. Still be there for the first brew though!

What time are we welcome to arrive Croz?

Crozdog,
do you have 8 takers for the Abby Ale or is there one spot free still?

I wouldn't mind a cube of if a spot is free, just let me know if I should bring a cube or if I was too late.

Had a look in the cupboard today, not much beer left to bring but I had a couple of bottles of my Breakfast of Champions. It has both Kellogs Corn Flakes and flaked rice, so will be a nice breakfast beer for those present who want to have a try :D

Thanks
Bjorn

On another note, I have racked a lager to secondary and therefore have some a couple of yeast slants extra if anyone coming tomorrow wants one.

The yeast is WLP830, German Lager Yeast.

Let me know if anyone wants one,

thanks
Bjorn

Nick, understand that you'll have to bolt at some point. Come over anytime after 8 cause the plan is to mash in around 9.

Bjorn, sorry but all spots have been allocated. Feel free to bring the b'fast of champions & a couple of slants.

See you all tomorrow

Croz

Hi Fellahs,

It was great to meet you all today and taste some of your awesome beers. I hope everything finished up nicely!

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks croz! sorry it was such a quick visit and I was no use at all! thanks guys for the beer and friendly faces.. I was the bloke on the bike..unfortunately I had been to a funeral yesterday in canberra and riden through 60k"s of pouring rain so my head space was not that good..Look forward to the next one...Cheers! Barls I did not get to thank you for the cube.

Latest posts

Back