What A Difference A Few Weeks Makes!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasty73

Reaction score
Very early on in my starting weeks of HB, I couldn't wait to taste my beer. I drank all but 2 or 3 of my beers, only leaving a couple of long necks (thanks again manticle) and the batch number 5 is what I want you to look at in the picture. I only left it 9 days (I know, impatient) in the bottle, well I darnk the last couple of long necks tonight and FAR OUT, what a difference. I HATED Coopers Pale Ale and swore to never brew it again but after a few weeks, I wish I had more. Check out the comments. I will NEVER be impatient to taste a beer again, or write it off as shite until it has had long enough in the bottle!!!

beer_001.jpg

Learning about brewing is almost as fun as making and drinking it. Glad you're doing all three and here's to the next few being crackers.

Sweet. Thanks for all your good advice mate. I have 2 brews down with Pride of Ringwood. Should be ready in about oh say 6 weeks. I am LOVING the tallies from my earlier brews!! That was a bloody good idea mate.
Cheers!!

2009 Calendar Fasty - I thought they'd all be aged well by now! :icon_cheers:

Congrats Fasty!

I have been enjoying reading your posts over the last few weeks. The extreme way you have launched into brewing is classic! Now after reading this post I'm sure it's only a matter of timer before you try an extract brew.... then a partial.... then all grain.... kegging.... etc

Keep up the good work :icon_chickcheers:

The first of many positive reinforcements for a having the patience to try something different. Good work. :icon_cheers:

WOW Incider, you have good eyes, that was on the previous page. Guysmiley54, I pick up my kegorator with 2 kegs and all the lines in the next few days. I was supposed to get it on the weekend just gone but work has kept me flat out like a lizard drinking, hopefully will have it this weekend and get a co2 bottle next weekend, so I will be kegging soon as. Thanks Lecterfan, it does show that ggod things take time.

WOW Incider, you have good eyes, that was on the previous page. Guysmiley54, I pick up my kegorator with 2 kegs and all the lines in the next few days. I was supposed to get it on the weekend just gone but work has kept me flat out like a lizard drinking, hopefully will have it this weekend and get a co2 bottle next weekend, so I will be kegging soon as. Thanks Lecterfan, it does show that ggod things take time.

Right on mate!

So jealous right now... I've just about convinced SWMBO that we need a new fridge, then I can convert the old one into my own kegerator :icon_drool2:

Just a thought.
Saving a few bottles of each batch and bringing one out every week or so will give you an idea on how your beer matures with time.
If you take notes you will know when a certain recipe peaks with maturation.
It will depend on the style you brew how it matures and when it peaks.
I have found that most extract ales are good by 8 weeks in the bottle and peak around 4-6 months.
To me it seems such a waste to put all the hard hours and money into a brew and drink it all before it starts to shine. Although I am guilty of finishing off the last couple of bottles of a batch just when it's reached it's best.

NP

Thanks to Boagsy as well, sorry to have left you out of the limelight mate.

Thanks to Boagsy as well, sorry to have left you out of the limelight mate.

IME, the more thought and work you put into your brews the more precious they become.
Brewing has actually reformed my drinking habits.

WOW, and they get you more pissed than "green" beer too.

Latest posts

Back