Western Australia State Amateur Brewer Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyth

Reaction score
http://wasabc.org

Ok fellow Western Australia brewers, welcome to the 2015 state comp. The rules are largely as they were before, details in the site. There are are couple of changes. You can now enter two entries in any style (not limited to one) and you can now enter four entries in any category. We are trying to encourage entries and wish you the best of luck. The WA Comp date is set at Sept 5 and 6. The dropoff entry is the 29 of August, 1pm, at either Brewmart Perth or TWOC Perth.

The last new thing this year is that any 1, 2, or 3rd placing beer (any medal winner) will receive instructions on where to drop their beer after the competition. Free to you, all WA winners are being shipped to the national completion in Brisbane.

see also http://www.aabc.org.au/ for details on the national competition in October.

Best of luck,

Andy Thomas
2015 Western Australia State Comp Organizer

really looking forward to this!

Got a couple of thing put aside, will taste closer to entry date to see if they are worth entering/fit style.
Also will brew a few and do the same.

How come its over 2 days this time Andy?

I should have a few in as well.

Couple questions about your blueberry saison Spohaw. How prominent is the blueberry? What about Saison yeast character? Would you be able to tell there were blueberries in it without being told?

Got a few things brewed.. having some mates around this Saturday to go through and them and see if any are any decent.. will enter a few bits

Jlm . Not really , it's not like a artificial blueberry flavour , bit disappointed really , used 4 kg for a 20 ltr brew too
The saison yeast character is ther but the yeast and fruit flavour don't over power each other

Could have been better but I'm going to send it any way

Best thing to do is look up the aabc guidlines and taste the beer as you read them. Figure out what category it fits better in then make the call.

Quick question on this - it'll be my first time entering a competition. Do you get any feed back on your beers (too much dactyl, too dark etc) - or just see an overall score for the beer (interested in some constructive criticism)?

Yeah you get feed back dark brew ....its the only reason I send beers up ....

would like to hear my beers are getting better but

haha ... don't think they could have gotten worse

You will get much better feedback than you got if you entered the Roayl Show, I can promise that. These are the sheets used when judging a BJCP registered comp.

SCP_BeerScoreSheet-1.jpg

Excellent stuff ! That is what i'm after really - i'll have to plan in advanced for next years, for this year i'll put in for what I have available

put mine in on Saturday morning..
Was glad to see a guy there enter a cider, i put 3 ciders in.. Couple of ppl from PHBS are putting some in.. so hopefully the category lasts..

Looks like I've missed it again 3 years in a row suppose next year will have to be the go . Any other comps in the area ??

Latest posts

Back