Western Australia State Amateur Brewer Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah that wont be until after the presentation... Andy said to hold tight.. he's got a lot on atm... BUT they will be there... keen to see i went on the other entry's i put in!

What one of your beers got a place ?

I need to get better than 26 to be improving haha

3 of my beers were decent .... The other two might go around the 26 mark

Been brewing for a year and 3 months doing AG now I think so would like to see better scores than last year

I can't wait to see the sheets .... haha !

been advised not to say what won in public.. so will post that after next Wednesday..
Yeah im expecting some real low scores from some of mine..

Least the info will be good and next year all entries should be AG

nvs-brews said:
been advised not to say what won in public.. so will post that after next Wednesday..
Yeah im expecting some real low scores from some of mine..

Least the info will be good and next year all entries should be AG
You've already told us but , maybe a sneaky PM ?

Promise not to tell haha

Woohoo , score sheets might be in the email tomorrow

Can't wait ..... Not expecting flash scores but I still can't wait

If any one is going to the presentation tonight do they want to post up what won the best beer of show

Hope it's a Flanders red like last years BBOS

Be keen to try at the monk !

Just checked the scores ......... That's kind of embarrassing haha

Only things that did remotely ok was my wit and American wheat

Everything else .... Ba duhhhh haha

Can't wait to see the comments on the score sheet to see where I went horribly wrong

exactly what i was thinking...
All my entries were kit... next year all AG..

Be keen to see what was mentioned, really better take on what they said regarding the cider so i can try for a better medal!

Been doing AG for a year and three months thought I was getting better haha

Only my second wit I've made and second American wheat ( for ag used extract for a few others ) so hopefully next year I'll do better

First fruit beer ever made ... IPA had a massive fault ( I found that out after I sent it ) and my Braggot was the third one I made but I've changed the recipe each time ..... I'll be going back to the first recipe ..... I got a 33 for the first one and 22 for the third one haha

Might have to stop making different beers all the time and start trying to refine some that I like to drink haha

Still great fun even though I did poorly haha !

yep, so my munich dunkel of last year which scored 40.33 got 20.67 this yr. hmmmm.

Got hammered this year it seems.

Spohaw said:
Was it a bottle from last years batch danestead ?
Nope, it was the very slightly adjusted version which I thought would improve it.

Spohaw said:
Must have changed it a lot to drop 20 points
Hahaha yeah you would of thought so. We will see if it comes back with any major issues like infection etc on the comment sheets. It got 12.25/20 in the PRBS a month ago which is the equivalent of 30.6 in the WASABC so its a bit all over the shop. I just hope I can take home some positive feedback from the comments because it sure is depressing going from a sensational beer to something that scores as if its barely drinkable!

The adjustments were IBU's from 20 up to 22. Crystal from 5.2% down to 4.0%. Mashed a few degrees hotter to fix the 'dry' comments from last year. Everything else the same.

It's all about the feedback hey !

I mash everything at 64 so I'm expecting a lot of dry comments too ..... I like crisp beers not really a fan of overly thick ones

Latest posts

Back