• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was your vacuum sealer ordered from Dealboard?

I just made contact with them, and got the following response "Please be informed that DealBoard works a littledifferently than other shopping websites that you may have visited or purchasedfrom in the past.In order to ensure attractive offers and discounts, wequote 2-10 weeks for delivery of all retail products.
Your Food Vacuum Sealer will be dispatched for deliveryto your specified shipping address within 2-8 weeks of the purchase date whichshould be on or before 31 August. Warm Regards The DealBoard Team"

Mine arrived today. Only one roll of bags, it's been so long I can't remember if it was supposed to come with one or two rolls. (Maybe two was wishful thinking)

Mine arrived today. Only one roll of bags, it's been so long I can't remember if it was supposed to come with one or two rolls. (Maybe two was wishful thinking)

I believe it was dealboard.
Aldi has good deals on vac bags. Had one a month ago. Half price when they have bags around a while.

R

Good to know, I ordered from the same place on the 31st, haven't had a chance to heck my PO box. Looks like it wont be there yet. Would have been nice if they said it was being shipped from overseas prior to purchase <_<

Mine got delivered this morning.

Ordered on the 30th so I'm guessing you'll have yours either today or not to far away.

Haven't tried it out yet. It looks basic but I'm sure it will do the job.

I'm brewing tomorrow and will be opening a fresh 1kg bag of hops so it will get it's first use tomorrow.

I collected mine this morning. It is a simple thing as are most bar professional jobbies. All good.
The Aldi one worked quite well but the latch could have been overengineered a little for longevity. This one looks a little larger but will test tomorrow.

R

Tried to use mine tonight...............won't switch off from vacuum and seals up to shit............ITS FUCKED......................$50.00 wasted on cheap chinese crap :angry:

Tried to use mine tonight...............won't switch off from vacuum and seals up to shit............ITS FUCKED......................$50.00 wasted on cheap chinese crap :angry:

What brand did you get and from which site?

What brand did you get and from which site?

Emporium Family.............looks exactly the same as the eurolab to me...........got it from dealboard. The no shipping charge deal.

Emporium Family.............looks exactly the same as the eurolab to me...........got it from dealboard. The no shipping charge deal.

I hope this doesnt apply to all of them. I haven't even received mine yet!

Do doubt the reason why mine is late is due to them sending me the new improved model.

Seriously though, more detail with the problem invited to ascertain if they are all duds or if it is just yours.

Mine is complete shit also. The seal is supposed to start when vac pressure is reached, but it never gets there. The housing is flimsy and the bags are crap. I strongly advise against the emporium family sealer. This made me so angry last night. Im going to demand money back, I dont even want a replacement of this junk.

Purchased from betterbequick.

I would strongly advise that brewers google dealboard and read the complaints about this company before ordering from them.

Altstart

Also search the Bulk Buy forum for a bulk buy on vacuum sealers, one was done a few years ago and I think nearly every one was very happy with the units bought, they can do the mylar foil bags even, think they were around $70 each from memory........

You might be able to get hold of the retailer and do another bulk buy, seems there might be a few extra people that need one.

Stuff it, its easier to search myself bulk buy for sealers here

And it appears the retailer still sells them

I agree. The sealer is crap. The hinge is held with two little screws going through the plastic. Vac did not stop as it was meant to, the plastic is crap, the vac is not as strong a vacuum as others. Even the box came unglued(gheapest glue available). The vacuum on the second bag I did would not stop. Finally, the hooks to hold it in place will surely break very quickly.

I have to admit that the Aldi one I returned ($70) was MUCH better contructed than this.

I will also try to have it returned.

I just found this on whirlpool. Note that it states a 30 day money back guarantee on ANY purchase. I will be returning this as soon as I have repacked my hops!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1834756

User #482045 9 posts
DBComplaints
I'm new here, please be nice

Hi everybody, we would like to profusely apologise to anybody who purchased an item that did not meet the description or has been inconvenienced by delays with their purchase. We take these matters very seriously and are in the process of contacting customers individually to offer a refund or credit. Please note that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee with any purchase.

We work with hundreds of merchants each month and negotiate the best deals for our customers. Unfortunately, this particular merchant has let a few of our customers down. We are identifying these customers and are offering a replacement or full refund.

We can be reached on 02 9283 5400 and our doors are always open at Level 3, 650 George Street, Sydney. However, it's best to email us for a quick response. The designated person who is looking after this [email protected]. If you prefer to receive a refund on a purchase please email us with your voucher number and we'll take care of the rest.

In relation to the last post, youll note that it was removed by the publisher as it was resolved. This is unbiased and one sided portrayal of what happened and was removed by the person who posted it.
Once again, we apologise for any unconvinced caused and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
Regards
Dealboard

That's awsome! Bit pricy, but awsome!

The Arkeg site also suggest you can use it as a fermentation chamber to brew the beer your going to serve later ;)

Hehe an arcade cabinet with real bloops!

I am trying to return my vac sealer (crap construction and sometimes doesn't stop vacuuming). Sent an email to Cheryl and she is apparently on maternity leave.
Taking no prisoners on this one. It is apparently also not the one pictured on the advert. The company has a great deal of complaints lodged against it.

I just found this on whirlpool. Note that it states a 30 day money back guarantee on ANY purchase. I will be returning this as soon as I have repacked my hops!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1834756

User #482045 9 posts
DBComplaints
I'm new here, please be nice

Hi everybody, we would like to profusely apologise to anybody who purchased an item that did not meet the description or has been inconvenienced by delays with their purchase. We take these matters very seriously and are in the process of contacting customers individually to offer a refund or credit. Please note that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee with any purchase.

We work with hundreds of merchants each month and negotiate the best deals for our customers. Unfortunately, this particular merchant has let a few of our customers down. We are identifying these customers and are offering a replacement or full refund.

We can be reached on 02 9283 5400 and our doors are always open at Level 3, 650 George Street, Sydney. However, it's best to email us for a quick response. The designated person who is looking after this [email protected]. If you prefer to receive a refund on a purchase please email us with your voucher number and we'll take care of the rest.

In relation to the last post, you'll note that it was removed by the publisher as it was resolved. This is unbiased and one sided portrayal of what happened and was removed by the person who posted it.
Once again, we apologise for any unconvinced caused and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
Regards
Dealboard

Is anyone else communicating with Better Be Quick about returning this rubbish ? I sent them an email requesting a refund, and I had reply today saying "explain the problem". Clearly they didnt read my first email. Will keep at it on a daily basis.

address is [email protected]

BIAB.png

Seen this on special at BCF. I'm thinking (with a couple of modifications like a tap etc) it will make a good BIAB rig (the bigger, 38.7L that is). What do you guys think?

Mine is complete shit also. The seal is supposed to start when vac pressure is reached, but it never gets there. The housing is flimsy and the bags are crap. I strongly advise against the emporium family sealer. This made me so angry last night. Im going to demand money back, I dont even want a replacement of this junk.

Purchased from betterbequick.

I just spoke with them and also received an email from them first thing this morning(I sent it late last night). They sent me a form to return for checking etc. They also said that you have to press down hard as one of the clips may not be locked. I don't think it can withstand the force as the hinge consists of little but two small screws. Quite a few people have been having these problems. I know I pressed down enough though. I'll have to review the description this evening. I called them this morning before checking my emails and someone answered immediately 02 9283 5400

On the whirlpool forum (I posted there too to pressure them), http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1834756, they promise a 30 day money- back guarantee. The form states that if they do not find a prob with it, it will cost 22 D&H. Might have to ensure there is an issue! Either way I want it returned ASAP. The guy who answered however was quite decent on the phone. Lets just hope the refund as promised.

I hope this doesnt apply to all of them. I haven't even received mine yet!

Do doubt the reason why mine is late is due to them sending me the new improved model.

Seriously though, more detail with the problem invited to ascertain if they are all duds or if it is just yours.

If they are outside the promised delivery date, I suggest you cancel it and request a refund. They say they will refund in this case. The Aldi one is better. WHY DID I RETURN IT!!

Latest posts

Back