We are being ripped off

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How have the yanks said **** the poor? On the contrary, poverty is on the decline in the US.
https://www.ft.com/content/ae5c0264-97d1-11e7-a652-cde3f882dd7b
And indeed, globally.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...s-even-amid-economic-slowdown-world-bank-says

Here's a plan that will guarantee (well, a 75% guarantee) you middle class status in pretty much any western country, obtainable by virtually anyone.
Take your education seriously.
Get a job.
Work hard.
Keep working hard.
Exercise thrift.
Dont have children out of wedlock (mainly directed toward women)

Unforeseen calamitys aside, If you follow this prescription and still wind up broke, you basically suck with money. And some folks do. I know. I'm related to quite a few..
So the other 25%, when counted with calamities (and mental and physical illness and disability) is exactly where the easy solution doesn't fit.

Your list is fine for most people, myself included ( except 'wedlock' - change to 'not ready or willing' in this context.) Those who can't, make up a good portion of those who don't. Those who won't, are a minority.

Funnily enough I have been giving euthanasia a lot of thought, I was all for it, let people die with dignity but 2 years ago I was ready to let go of life, even looking forward to it, then went on a trial and came good, though one never gets cured of cancer it has given me some more years (don't know how many) so unless they get the policy right I can't now say I fully agree with it.

I’m really happy to hear that you’re on the up, sincerely hope that is the way it remains.

However, I don’t see why your experiences should be the basis from which you judge every one else’s.

Australia, the lucky country or the ripoff expensive country?

A clarification that it sounds you will agree with, AUstralia the lucky country is a quote often misunderstood. The original sentiment was that we are lucky we inherited such a good system of governance because our politicians are so useless that without that system we’d all be fucked.

However, I don’t see why your experiences should be the basis from which you judge every one else’s.

Most of what we as people know is based on personally experiencing something, you make judgments everyday based on that.
Have a think, you didn't learn to walk by reading a book. For a lot of things the cheap seats view is a really comfy spot, because unless you've been there done that; you've got no ******* idea.

There is also an extensive thread somewhere on here about assisted dying, started off as using nitrogen in brewing, think it ended up as halal food.
Makes sense.... we need to insure our Muslim brothers and sisters have no dog, pig ect in their nitrogen.:bowdown:

Last edited:
I still do not understand why easter eggs are halal:turning green:

I still dont understand how Easter turned into the capatilist abomination it is now. Much like Christmas.

But seriously, why does no one complain about kosher? It's the same crap, or is Judaism still off the table after 'you know what?'

I still dont understand how Easter turned into the capatilist abomination it is now. Much like Christmas.

But seriously, why does no one complain about kosher? It's the same crap, or is Judaism still off the table after 'you know what?'

I don't think companies are falling over themselves to be certified 'kosher' to show how diverse and inclusive they are...

I don't think companies are falling over themselves to be certified 'kosher' to show how diverse and inclusive they are...

Right.

Nothing to do with anti islamic propaganda being the social flavour of the month.

Anyone else here been to 'Israel'?

Capatalism is all about maximum prophit profit. Easter, xmas, halal, kosher.... whatever. Im not a religious type of person but i dont understand the islamic discriminstion. In my experience, anyone who claims to be part of a religious institution is ******* insane.

Well, depends on the religion.

The Norse had a god for Ale and Mead, not a bad religion.

Back on topic. Yes, we are getting ripped off. It takes 500 members to register a political party. Australia only has to blame themselves for who they vote into power.

Well, depends on the religion.

The Norse had a god for Ale and Mead, not a bad religion.

Back on topic. Yes, we are getting ripped off. It takes 500 members to register a political party. Australia only has to blame themselves for who they vote into power.

Self ineterest and giving little thought to the impact on the country as a whole has given us the ineptness we now have a-plenty. We bow down to the clay idol that is 'overseas investment', when we have all the resources here which we need to support ourselves, the harvesting of which would support us and allow some to make a liveable profit.....if only we were satisfied with a reasonable profit...not the need to push profit margins higher and higher each year to be considered a success. All outr best produce and resources go overseas or into high end restaurants (produce), while us plebs make do with cheap produce and imported trinkets from asia which has little quality care...and our govts. actively support this practice.

They're not easter eggs anymore, I think you'll find they are either simply chocolate eggs or hunting eggs, easter doesn't even rate a mention on the packaging. Personally I like to roll with "hollow chocolate fertility symbols in the pagan tradition"
Funny isn't it, that though on the whole we don't associate the religious holidays with religion or even the pagan beliefs that we on the whole were brought up with, and with respect for those that still follow their religious beliefs, that Easter and Christmas is now frowned upon in favour of political correctness. (Festivus for the restovus. Frank Costanza.)

So the other 25%, when counted with calamities (and mental and physical illness and disability) is exactly where the easy solution doesn't fit.

Your list is fine for most people, myself included ( except 'wedlock' - change to 'not ready or willing' in this context.) Those who can't, make up a good portion of those who don't. Those who won't, are a minority.

I didn't say my guide to better living was foolproof, its more a template with some rubbery figures. And you need to get your act together, put a ring on it and start a family. Us men have the luxury of procrastination till our dying day whilst our lady folk's ovaries are drying up. But choose wisely, the breakdown of the family is more destructive than global warming, (according to the UK SUN)
Hows that for a non sequitur.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...destructive-as-effects-of-global-warming.html

Bought some more beer last weekend. Fuckin expensive as..

Latest posts

Back