• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather the mill master...from a quality angle it looks the beeze kneeze over the monster. And hopper etc can be had for fairly cheap without the need to build it myself.

Maybe we can do two buys.

1 group for Monster

1 group from Millmaster???

Pok

Monster Mill (From U.S.A Approx $120+)
1. WWWH

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 eac + 10% discount on handle and hopper)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m

Either (or unknown at the moment)

1.Dicko ACT
2.peas_and_corn
3. pbrosnan
4. Cliffo
5. Dravid
6. PoMo
7. Citymorgue2 (dont care which)
8. Zoddy (tentitive)

I really can't justify spending the extra $80+ for aesethics on a mill... Taps and font yes, mill no... :(

Monster Mill (From U.S.A $120, provided 2 buyers same area)
1. WWWH
2. Dicko

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 each + postage, 10% discount on handle and hopper)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m

1.peas_and_corn
2. pbrosnan
3. Cliffo
4. Dravid
5. PoMo
6. Citymorgue2 (dont care which)
7. Zoddy (tentitive)

What a Fantastic Idea!!!
Let two local businesses (ok yes they are queenslanders) go of of their way to create a fantastic market for all you guys and girls out there.
Lets let Ross go out on a limb some time ago to supply you lot with product that had two attributes:
1) Absolutely Fresh
2) At a sensible price
Enter the other Queenslander, a brilliant temperature contoller, a controller with logic (if you will excuse the bad play) behind it, a bonza heat exchanger and now a mill all at honest pricing.
THEN... form a little on-line group that will put in a bid for a bulk buy of a cheaper unit...on exactly the same semi-public forum, screw these guys down and save ..mmm $20 each....
Fine, no worries from me, it is an open market...however, simple market theory will tell you that the good retailer leaves the market not because he is forced out but because he chooses to, how much more discount do you want before the product (and teh back-up) actaully chooses to leave, and how big will the gap be.

K

I really can't justify spending the extra $80+ for aesethics on a mill... Taps and font yes, mill no... :(

1. WWWH
2. Dicko
3. pbrosnan

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 each + postage, 10% discount on handle and hopper)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m

1.peas_and_corn
3. Cliffo
4. Dravid
5. PoMo
7. Zoddy (tentitive)

What a Fantastic Idea!!!
Let two local businesses (ok yes they are queenslanders) go of of their way to create a fantastic market for all you guys and girls out there.
Lets let Ross go out on a limb some time ago to supply you lot with product that had two attributes:
1) Absolutely Fresh
2) At a sensible price
Enter the other Queenslander, a brilliant temperature contoller, a controller with logic (if you will excuse the bad play) behind it, a bonza heat exchanger and now a mill all at honest pricing.
THEN... form a little on-line group that will put in a bid for a bulk buy of a cheaper unit...on exactly the same semi-public forum, screw these guys down and save ..mmm $20 each....
Fine, no worries from me, it is an open market...however, simple market theory will tell you that the good retailer leaves the market not because he is forced out but because he chooses to, how much more discount do you want before the product (and teh back-up) actaully chooses to leave, and how big will the gap be.

K

You are missing the point K and your rant seems scattered.

The saving from the start to finish is $150 (based on MillMaster at its original price and the Monster at its bulk buy price). I already sighted that Ross provides fantastic quality and service. Following this, he put up his hand to reduce the price of his MillMaster unit by $70 to $200. Due to the bulk purchase, the monster has potentially reduced in price $30. Where did you pluck $20?

Pok and I have endeavored to maintain a fair bulk purchase and have offered the brewers the option between Ross's MillMaster and the Monster MM-2 mills.

I have a degree in Business and Economics... I do not recall a 'simple market theory' that denoted a 'good retailer' leaving the market 'because he chooses to' based on consumers buying competitors products.

1. WWWH
2. Dicko

1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi

1.peas_and_corn
2. pbrosnan
3. Cliffo
4. Dravid
5. PoMo
7. Zoddy (tentitive)

"Go you good thing Queensland" :lol: only joking, buy local, well it is for me. :)

Dicko
Your recollection is based (so far a I can see) on selective quotes rather than a practical and dare I say experienced view of market forces.
As you have a degree of understanding of both business and economics then I am sure that you are aware that not all ponds are the same size, and that the (to stretch a rather poor analogy to its breaking point) that the impact at the edges of a swimmin pool from a 500kg block may be somewhat more significant than a 500kg block dropped in the middle of the Indian Ocean...

K

EDIT..even if they are banana benders....GO LOCAL...

Dicko
Your recollection is based (so far a I can see) on selective quotes rather than a practical and dare I say experienced view of market forces.

How did you come to this conclusion Kurtz? As far as 'I can see', your sight it very narrow and blurred.

One very simple concept I did take away from my studies was 'healthy competition'. It poses that a business will remain more efficient and innovative where it is exposed to competition. An Australian example of this was the 'two airlines policy'. Under the policy TAA (now Qantas) and Ansett operated almost identical fares, fleets and schedules operating as an uncompetitive oligopoly. When the government removed the policy, Ansett airlines collapsed under the pressure from the more efficient and effective Virgin Blue.

As far as 'I can see', removing the 'Two Airlines Policy' is your 500kg block in a swimming pool. Looking at the viability of another retailer for a bulk purchase of mills... that's a 500kg block in the Indian Ocean.

Dicko and Kurtz fight your battles else where youve just hi jacked a bulk buy

On the subject my Monster goes great guns and as for the rust Q's a little food grade oil goes a long way with proper maintainence which id suggest you do for either mill. The millmaster is a great mill just was out of my price range and dare i say over kill for the amount of milling i do at the moment.

Friends have and use the millmaster and highly reccomend it and others use and reccomend the monster

i made my choice and i am sure you will make yours

kleiny

Dicko and Kurtz fight your battles else where youve just hi jacked a bulk buy

Fair enough Klieny... Lets leave the politics out and get back to the bulk buy.

1. WWWH
2. Dicko
3. pbrosnan

1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi

1.peas_and_corn
2. Cliffo
3. Dravid
4. PoMo
5. Citymorgue2 (dont care which)
6. Zoddy (tentitive)

christ AHM members can fight ove anyting. personally i recon the analogy sucks (I too have studies business and economics). If it was going to put Ross out of business he wouldnt offer it. and if you do the math, 13 sales at a discount will give a better result for the seller than say 6 scattered sales over a longer period of time.

The fact that Ross has even offered to entertain the idea of discounts for the AHB community attests to his great customer service and committment to AHB community and homebrewing. now drop the argument and get on with the thread......

now I have no idea on which is better (pros v cons) so I'll go with the consensus (and because I trust Ross)

1. WWWH
2. Dicko
3. pbrosnan

1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. CM2 - mark_m, you want to split the postage? we live close enough.

1.peas_and_corn
2. Cliffo
3. Dravid
4. PoMo
5. Zoddy (tentitive)

EDIT: speeeling

Un-readable Rant

EDIT..even if they are banana benders....GO LOCAL...

Are you pissed or what?

You want me to spend an extra $150.00 just because it is local? Do you deal with everything this way? Do you only drink locally produced beers? Do you only buy clothes that are made in Aus. Is the PC you are typing on made is oz - Obviously not

Sorry, trying to pay for a wedding, so that $150 means something to me at the moment

Are you pissed or what?

You want me to spend an extra $150.00 just because it is local? Do you deal with everything this way? Do you only drink locally produced beers? Do you only buy clothes that are made in Aus. Is the PC you are typing on made is oz - Obviously not

Sorry, trying to pay for a wedding, so that $150 means something to me at the moment

Where is this $150 ,you speak of?

Where is this $150 ,you speak of?

The $150 comes from MillMaster being priced at $270 prior to this thread and the new Monster MM-2 alternative priced at $120.

$270-$120 = $150

so is anyone actually going to list off the pros and cons of each as Pok asked? Id certainly be ineterested in knowing,......

The $150 comes from MillMaster being priced at $270 prior to this thread and the new Monster MM-2 alternative priced at $120.

$270-$120 = $150

Exactly, plus the $120 includes postage - so if we take the new price of $199 plus postage - so say $90.00 minimum

Stuff it <_< if it becomes all too hard I don't care, I will spend the same amount on grain from Ross and use my Marga mill, [100 AG+] and only failed 1 time and that was [I am sure] my doing, easy to use and a good crush.
Yeah, stuff it, more grain and make beer, less toys. <_<

1. WWWH
2. Dicko
3. pbrosnan

1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo

1. peas_and_corn
2. Dravid
3. PoMo
4. Citymorgue2 (dont care which)
5. Zoddy (tentitive)

For those wanting a Monster, it would be preferable for you to put the state you live in (and area hopefully) so that we can see if a 'pair up' can happen. I'm most likely going Monster, but if someone actually posts a Monster VS MashMaster and it convinces me to go over then I'll change.

1. WWWH
2. Dicko
3. pbrosnan
4. peas_and_corn Adelaide suburbs (northeast)

1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo

1. Dravid
2. PoMo
3. Citymorgue2 (dont care which)
4. Zoddy (tentitive)

Latest posts