• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those wanting a Monster, it would be preferable for you to put the state you live in (and area hopefully) so that we can see if a 'pair up' can happen. I'm most likely going Monster, but if someone actually posts a Monster VS MashMaster and it convinces me to go over then I'll change.

Monster Mill (From U.S.A $120, provided 2 buyers same area)
1. WWWH
2. Dicko
3. pbrosnan (WA - Dianella)
4. peas_and_corn Adelaide suburbs (northeast)

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 each + postage, 10% discount on handle and hopper)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo

Either (or unknown at the moment)
1. Dravid
2. PoMo
3. Citymorgue2 (dont care which)
4. Zoddy (tentitive)

For those wanting a Monster, it would be preferable for you to put the state you live in (and area hopefully) so that we can see if a 'pair up' can happen. I'm most likely going Monster, but if someone actually posts a Monster VS MashMaster and it convinces me to go over then I'll change.

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast)

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 each + postage, 10% discount on handle and hopper)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo

1. Dravid
2. PoMo
4. Zoddy (tentitive)

I'f we can't find 2 buyers for the Monster in each area, I'm still happy to post from Canberra. Estimated about $10. Alternatively, two buyers can team up and split the domestic postage.

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)

1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo

1. Dravid
2. PoMo
4. Zoddy (tentitive)

I'f we can't find 2 buyers for the Monster in each area, I'm still happy to post from Canberra. Estimated about $10. Alternatively, two buyers can team up and split the domestic postage.

put me down for a Mashmaster Millmaster and hopper please dicko
geared mill for me all the way baby,much better on the husks etc.
PLUS its all AUSSIE you SEPPO cants!

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 each + postage, 10% discount on handle and hopper.)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo
7. Danman (Mill + Hopper)

1. Dravid
2. PoMo
4. Zoddy (tentitive)

put me down for a Mashmaster Millmaster and hopper please dicko
geared mill for me all the way baby,much better on the husks etc.
PLUS its all AUSSIE you SEPPO cants!

there you go Danman.

thanks mate,i didnt know how to get my name on the list like that!

cheers,dan

Millmaster $199, DAMN i ordered mine on Friday for $269!!! :angry:

Christ, what has this thread de-volved to ...

Yep and what a shame. There is a case for "buying local", but jingoism is just plain ugly.

As far as I can tell, there's a group of blokes here trying to get a bargain on mills and a couple of others shooting them down for exercising that right.
MashMaster's Millmaster was designed with quality as its cornerstone...as a result, you pay a premium. Let those of us who choose to go cheaper, make that choice. I can't afford to buy local in this instance, I wish I wasn't made to feel like I'm robbing ANZACs for chasing a bloody bargain.

OMG all these shite posts and still no one can give a pros and cons list. if your not part of the bulk buy and your not going to be of assistance (posting taunts and jeering is not useful by the way) then buzz off. Bugwan your right on the money

Ive decided to withhold judgment until we either get a pros v cons list or until a decision has to be made.

PS Bugwan - I cant see you on the list of perspective buyers....are you interested? if so get your name down lest we forget you ;)

Yep and what a shame. There is a case for "buying local", but jingoism is just plain ugly.

As far as I can tell, there's a group of blokes here trying to get a bargain on mills and a couple of others shooting them down for exercising that right.
MashMaster's Millmaster was designed with quality as its cornerstone...as a result, you pay a premium. Let those of us who choose to go cheaper, make that choice. I can't afford to buy local in this instance, I wish I wasn't made to feel like I'm robbing ANZACs for chasing a bloody bargain.

Lads... Dan is good mate of mine, he is just taking the piss.

He never misses an oppourtunity to sh*t stir.

Millmaster $199, DAMN i ordered mine on Friday for $269!!! :angry:

Hi Gregg,

Bad luck indeed Gregg.... But since you bought after I made the special offer, they'll be $70 creditted back to you account on Monday.... :)

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Have a look at the "millmaster is on sale thread"

and then search the net for "monster mill" or "crankandstein" - which are both similar

This will give you reviews and allow you to determine the pros and cons of each

I personally went for the monster - as the millmaster was probably a bit of overkill for the milling I do

Further I don't have the space to mount it with a motor and the 12kg + hopper weight would have been a bit much to setup up / move around to mill 5kg of grain

Also from the millmaster thread - a few members had issues achieving adequate torque / drive speeds with the large rollers

I've only just built my hopper for the MM-3 and have a couple of little things to fix on it before using it

Hope this helps

Cheers

cheer cortez this helps. I thought that the millmaster sounded like the 'heavy duty' lifetime mill. if it really requires motorisation then thats something I'll need to consider. although there will only be about $50-60 differance between the 2 maybe it is worthwhile going the whole hog.

Hi Gregg,

Bad luck indeed Gregg.... But since you bought after I made the special offer, they'll be $70 creditted back to you account on Monday.... :)

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer
geez your a champ Ross

Hi Gregg,

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

What a GREAT thing to do :super: :super: that's another reason to buy local.
Well done Ross. :icon_cheers:

Does anyone have any pics there could post of how they've set up the two mills under discussion?

I just got a small crankandstein from the US, paid about $110 inc postage. Don't have it set up yet though. Certainly looks and feels the goods. Don was great to get info off as well. Sorry can't offer any assistance in how good it is yet. Have fun deciding guys.

eric

Ive decided to withhold judgment until we either get a pros v cons list or until a decision has to be made.

PS Bugwan - I cant see you on the list of perspective buyers....are you interested? if so get your name down lest we forget you ;)

Thanks for the reminder CM2...I've added myself to the list below;

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
5. bugwan (Melbourne, inner west)

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 each + postage, 10% discount on handle and hopper.)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo
7. Danman (Mill + Hopper)

1. Dravid
2. PoMo
4. Zoddy (tentitive)

I'll try to compile a list of pros/cons shortly. I'm an amateur though, so it might need some tuning before becoming a definitive reference!

Cheers
Dave.

Hi Gregg,

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer
Ross, you're a legend!

Back