• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best get in quick then folks.
TOF, Bayside, Melbourne, Thanks Pokolbinguy for getting this special started, Im in, think I have done all the right things and ticked all the right boxes, Thanks Ross, I hope I ticked all the right boxes for you, Cheers,The Old Fart.

Pokolbinguy for getting this special started

I think the credit for this one goes to Dicko and Ross.... ohh and "Whats wrong with hahn" for starting the thread :p

Pok

It's a hell of an offer, Ross. You're a top bloke. Top retailer. Period.

Looking forward to meeting you at the anhc conference B)

reVox

Just bought mine from Ross with the hopper :rolleyes: could not help myself and bought other stuff also :( .
Was not going to miss a good mill at this price, buy local. :icon_cheers:

Same here Bindi, mill and a heap of grain. 2 down, 8 to go :super:

Monster Mill (From U.S.A $120, provided 2 buyers same area)
1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
3. pbrosnan (WA - Dianella)
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast)
5. bugwan (Melbourne, inner west)
6. Citymorgue2 (Melbourne, Eastern suburbs - nunawading)
7. reVox (Melbourne, South Melbs/Albert Park)
8. jel (Adelaide - Henley Beach to Unley)
9. PoMo (Looking for a second Illawarran)
10. TDA (Adelaide) 1/2inch shaft please.

MashMaster MillMaster (From Craftbrewer. AUS. Mill $199 each + postage, 10% discount on handle and hopper.)
1. Pokolbinguy
2. Bakkerman
3. jlm
4. mark_m
5. bindi
6. cliffo
7. Danman (Mill + Hopper)
8. TOF

Either (or unknown at the moment)
1. Dravid
2. Zoddy (tentitive)

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
11. Dravid (Campbelltown)

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)

Either (or unknown at the moment)
1. Zoddy (tentitive)

Sorry Zoddy :rolleyes:

Hmmm ... not looking good for a partner in Perth for me, Dicko can you remind me what the cost will be if I'm the only Perth brewer?

We're looking for another Melbourne taker on a Monster Mill II.

Anyone? :unsure:

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
9. PoMo (Wollongong)
12. Ray Mills (Wollongong, got him nibbling, anyway ;))

Well we are smashing this MM-2 bulk buy... Guess its time to make it happen.

I will give brewers until midnight tomorrow (22/04/08) to join the bulk buy.

On Wednesday we can start working out payment and postage details.

Dicko

I just ran some trial sales thru Monster Mill's website and came to the interesting conclusion that the mills come to A$125 and some cents each delivered to Aus when ordered in pairs. I also noted that total postage (US$38) did not increase when I ordered three or four mills. Seems to be cheaper to go straight to the source.

Frankly for the sake of $5, I'd save the bulk buy co-ordinator the trouble of ordering and just arrange this amongst ourselves. You Melbournians could do well out of this. Total price for 4 delivered to the same address is US$434, which according to www.xe.com/ucc is currently A$460, or $115 each. Is there $5 worth of fuel between your houses? Does PayPal have the same conversion rate as xe.com? If the answers to those questions are "No" and "Yes" respectively, then we're wasting our time in here.

Frankly, I would expect MM to have offered us a genuine bulk buy deal, not just offer split postage, which is available to us anyway! And that would be using the very convenient PayPal rather than the "Wire Transfer" service that MM is suggesting.

I'd like this to be wrong. Someone show me where I'm wrong!

EDIT: Just for a lark, I put in an order for 40 mills on their ordering system and shipping (using PayPal) still came to a flat US$38. Not our fault if the site calculates shipping wrong is it? Under good ole yanky lawz.

I just ran some trial sales thru Monster Mill's website and came to the interesting conclusion that the mills come to A$125 and some cents each delivered to Aus when ordered in pairs. I also noted that total postage (US$38) did not increase when I ordered three or four mills. Seems to be cheaper to go straight to the source.

Frankly for the sake of $5, I'd save the bulk buy co-ordinator the trouble of ordering and just arrange this amongst ourselves. You Melbournians could do well out of this. Total price for 4 delivered to the same address is US$434, which according to www.xe.com/ucc is currently A$460, or $115 each. Is there $5 worth of fuel between your houses? Does PayPal have the same conversion rate as xe.com? If the answers to those questions are "No" and "Yes" respectively, then we're wasting our time in here.

Frankly, I would expect MM to have offered us a genuine bulk buy deal, not just offer split postage, which is available to us anyway! And that would be using the very convenient PayPal rather than the "Wire Transfer" service that MM is suggesting.

I'd like this to be wrong. Someone show me where I'm wrong!

EDIT: Just for a lark, I put in an order for 40 mills on their ordering system and shipping (using PayPal) still came to a flat US$38. Not our fault if the site calculates shipping wrong is it? Under good ole yanky lawz.

Thats the quote they gave me PostModern. The mill's were discounted by US$10ea with the bulk buy (they claimed margins are low). The real saving was 1/2 priced shipping where you send 2 to the same address.

We still have the option of using PayPal for the bulk buy, personally I would prefer this. Problem is, it adds 5% to the total.

I'm asuming the postage price of 4 and 40 (ha) being US$38 is a mistake. I will send them another email tomorrow...

Thats the quote they gave me PostModern. The mill's were discounted by US$10ea with the bulk buy (they claimed margins are low).

The 1/2 price shipping is not an exclusive saving for our buk buy. Perhaps the US$10 discount has been beaten by the exchange rates of the day. And since when did PayPal ever charge the purchaser? The price I got above was straight off their website, all I had to do was click "confirm order" for the prices I quoted. For the time and agonising in this thread, I would have just clicked "confirm" except Ray has not yet confirmed his interest to save shipping.

and finally, is there any need for 1/2 inch shaft as apposed to the supplied 3/8th?

cheers guys
jon

I myself have been looking at the Monster but have now put it on hold as a friend has loaned me his Valley Mill for as long as I need. Back to you question on shafts, I would go the 1/2 inch upgrade. If you ever decide to mount a pulley to motorise it I think you will find that all the pulley's utilise a 1/2 inch shaft. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

BYB

Latest posts

Back