• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notch me up for Mashmaster Mill, handle and hopper.

Cheers,

GT

You need to order this yourself off the craftbrewer website by thursday 6pm. add them to your shopping cart and then put in the voucher code "AHBMM" and the items will automatically reduce in price.

Get in quick because Ross said its a limit of 10 mills and from what I gather he would be very close to that mark now!!!

MM2:
1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
3. pbrosnan (WA - Dianella) 1/2 inch shaft
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast)
5. bugwan (Melbourne, inner west)
6. Citymorgue2 (Melbourne, Eastern suburbs - nunawading) 1/2 inch shaft
7. reVox (Melbourne, South Melbs/Albert Park)
8. jel (Adelaide - Henley Beach to Unley)
9. PoMo (Wollongong)
10. TDA (Adelaide) 1/2inch shaft please.
11. Dravid (Campbelltown)
12. Ray Mills (Wollongong, got him nibbling, anyway )
13. Thirsty Boy (inner city Melb)
14. Iann (Adelaide - Clovelly Park) 1/2inch shaft
15. The naked brewer (Melbourne, Blackburn)

Oh good, that means Melbourne has even numbers with the naked brewer's inclusion.

stab.gif
!stab reVox (only a little less)

You need to order this yourself off the craftbrewer website by thursday 6pm. add them to your shopping cart and then put in the voucher code "AHBMM" and the items will automatically reduce in price.

Get in quick because Ross said its a limit of 10 mills and from what I gather he would be very close to that mark now!!!

Already did it, was being courteous by posting my interest in the thread so others knew.

Cheers,

GT

CM,

Lots of things have to be taken into consideration when it comes to discounts, maybe Ross has a higher markup and can afford to give a big discount , the monster mill may have smaller margins to work with, at the end of the day no one is going to give a discount if its going to cut into the profits.

Rook

My thoughts exactly.

BYB

so for the Monstermill buyers, who's coordinating this bad boy?

I'm happy to be take the rains on this one lads. I'm just working out the nuts and bolts with Fred from Monster atm. I have asked Fred about PayPal and other payment options. I will keep you posted as soon as I find out.

The cut off for the bulk buy is midnight tonight. The fun starts tomorrow...

pbrosnan, I'm happy to pair with you as I don't have a Canberra partner and your all the way over in Perth by yourself. If you went it alone, you would cop a US$30 increase in cost. You and I can work out domestic postage btwn us mate.

I have requested the weight and dimensions from Fred so that we can work out domestic postage (if necessary) between buyers via the OzPost website.

Best get back to work...

Dicko

Cheers for taking up the reigns on this one, we all owe you a beer :)

Would it be a good idea to set up collection points in each state/area? I would be willing to be the SA one, though that could cause problems for some who are far away-

Jel, you said you are in Henley Beach, would it be too much of a drive for you to get to Highbury (I frequently get "where?" whenever I say that to people- northeast road, about a 5 minute drive from Tea Tree Plaza)?? If so, that's fine.

Dravid- I'm guessing you're SA, if so then you're down the road from me!

TDA- you wrote 'Adelaide', so you could be anywhere- what part of the suburbs?

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Ross, do you still use your 3 roller Crankandstein or have you swapped to the millmaster?

Still using the 3 roller crankandstein...but when my S/S Millmaster arrives shortly, I'll be upgrading :)

cheers Ross

MillMaster from Craftbrewer Sold out.

Anyone wanting a cheap mill...add your name to the Monster list

I bet when Ross did stocktake last week he wasnt thinking that he'd run out of mills by Tuesday and need to order more mills!

Hahah... I spelt Reigns as Rains 'What me failed engrish?'

Please find Fred's reply below;

Tom,

Paypal charges me 3.9% of the total order including the shipping price to take a payment from Australia, plus 30 cents for each transaction. I don't need 5%, I just need to cover their fee. The reason I need to get the paypal fees back is that I will lose $$ on your deal shipping you mills for $90 each, and paying paypal. At that price, you are saving more on the mill than I am making, plus the wife gets pissed when I'm out in the garage boxing up mills for free! : ) Like I said, thin margins. I am keeping the price as low as I can to get our product out there on the street so folks know who we are, and the quality of our product. You could easily have one member with a personal paypal account take payments from all of your buyers via paypal or check, and make a single wire transfer from your bank, or you could also have someone take the money from your group, and mail a single check or $$ order too. I really do want to work with you guys, but there is so little room to do so with the MM-2.

I can do 1/2" shafts for $10 each, no problem anyone that wants that, just needs to let me know. I can also do the MM-3 if you're interested in that for $130each.

Unless you just want to make people make up their minds, I don't see the need in cutting this off as quickly...I realize the thread has been going for a little while now as it is, so that's really up to you guys.

The weight of the MM-2 bare is 7.09lbs. You'll need to add at least a half lb for packaging, so figure on a shipment weight of 7.5lbs, which in most places rounds up to 8. The mill is 9.5" long overall, and If I'm sending them 2 at a time will be in a box that is 10x4x4. You'll need to put that box inside another with padding to safely pack it for postage. I'd love to do the discount code, but I don't know how to make paypal do that, or for sure if it can.

Thanks,

~~fred francis
Monster Brewing Hardware

Fred has also been generous enough to offer a discount on the the 1/2" shaft. A shaft upgrade is now $10. i'm in...

Using http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_parcel.asp we can now calculate domestic postage where required. Weight is 3-4kg and box dimension will roughly be 26*10*10cm.

MM2:
1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra) 1/2 inch shaft
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast)
7. jel (Adelaide - Henley Beach to Unley)
8. PoMo (Wollongong)
9. TDA (Adelaide) 1/2inch shaft please.
10. Dravid (Campbelltown)
11. Ray Mills (Wollongong, got him nibbling, anyway )
12. Thirsty Boy (inner city Melb)
13. Iann (Adelaide - Clovelly Park) 1/2inch shaft
14. The naked brewer (Melbourne, Blackburn)

Ahh, bugger it... I'll go for the 1/2 inch as well...

1. WWWH (Sydney)
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast) 1/2 inch shaft
8. PoMo (Wollongong)
9. TDA (Adelaide) 1/2inch shaft please.

Ahh, bugger it... I'll go for the 1/2 inch as well...

1. WWWH (Sydney)
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast) 1/2 inch shaft
8. PoMo (Wollongong)
9. TDA (Adelaide - Hallett Cove) 1/2inch shaft please.

Dicko, have you checked with Fred to see what stock is like?

C&B
TDA

if just using a drill to power the mill, is there any point to the 1/2" shaft?

Back