• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monster Mill (From U.S.A $120, provided 2 buyers same area)
1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
3. pbrosnan (WA - Dianella)
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast)
5. bugwan (Melbourne, inner west)
6. Citymorgue2 (Melbourne, Eastern suburbs - nunawading)
7. reVox (Melbourne, South Melbs/Albert Park)
8. jel (Adelaide - Henley Beach to Unley)
9. PoMo (Wollongong)
10. TDA (Adelaide) 1/2inch shaft please.
11. Dravid (Campbelltown)
12. Ray Mills (Wollongong, got him nibbling, anyway ;))
13. Thirsty Boy (inner city Melb)

Another for Melbourne. Hopefully PoMo is right and we can save even more on postage!! That'd be cool.

I'm in East Melb just outside the city - happy to act as a central delivery point - I'll even deliver for a beer on arrival and a take away of your finest HB (CM2 its gonna cost you 2 beers way the hell out in Nudawading...)

Thirsty

Why do you bastards always organize these things when I'm SERIOUSLY lacking in moolah.... Damn you all (on a side note - anyone want to donate a mill to me.... ;))

Guys,

The 40 mills shipped for $38 is definitely a mistake. Paypal can't do very complicated shipping calculations, and my web site hasn't been upgraded take this type of stuff into consideration. I can ship two mills to a single address for $38. I can also ship a single mill for that amount. The post method I use is a flat rate box that has an international weight limit of 21 lbs, and will hold two of our mills. It goes over the weight limit of 21 lbs only if there's two MM-3 mills. It'll get in under the weight limit if its one MM-2 and one MM-3, or two MM-2. You are correct that the discount is only $10 on each mill, and then you save more $$ by having two sent to the same place. I'd like everyone to understand the deal.

Our upgraded steel is 1144 alloy. We also offer 303 stainless as an upgrade, as well as a larger 1/2" drive shaft.

~~fred francis
Monster Brewing Hardware

The 1/2 price shipping is not an exclusive saving for our buk buy. Perhaps the US$10 discount has been beaten by the exchange rates of the day. And since when did PayPal ever charge the purchaser? The price I got above was straight off their website, all I had to do was click "confirm order" for the prices I quoted. For the time and agonising in this thread, I would have just clicked "confirm" except Ray has not yet confirmed his interest to save shipping.

Pipe down PostModern... Your just shooting the messenger.

ffrancis, could you explain why PayPal adds 5%.

Thanks for explaining, Fred. I was simply surprised that the difference between this bulk buy and ordering direct appeared to be just A$5.

No worries Dicko, I'll shuddup now.

I'm thinking I'll get the 1/2 inch shaft upgrade. Dicko, what is the deal on single shipping to Perth, would it be better for me to drop out and buy separately?

Another for Melbourne. Hopefully PoMo is right and we can save even more on postage!! That'd be cool.

I'm in East Melb just outside the city - happy to act as a central delivery point - I'll even deliver for a beer on arrival and a take away of your finest HB (CM2 its gonna cost you 2 beers way the hell out in Nudawading...)

Thirsty
Thirsty - not that I mind sharing 2 of my finest with you, but you could always give it to me at the upcoming caseswap. I'll still probably give you a couple of my finest anyways! happy to share the morgue's finest beer.

EDIT: Im also going to make comment about PoMo's comment about there seeming to be very little discount from Monster as its a bulk buy. I agree. theres doesnt seem to be much of a discount especially as there's like 13 orders, where as Ross have a $70 discount plus 10% off accessories. Its intesting is all im saying. Im not complaining in any way. just having a conversation. We've all made our choices and are happy.

Thirsty - not that I mind sharing 2 of my finest with you, but you could always give it to me at the upcoming caseswap. I'll still probably give you a couple of my finest anyways! happy to share the morgue's finest beer.

EDIT: Im also going to make comment about PoMo's comment about there seeming to be very little discount from Monster as its a bulk buy. I agree. theres doesnt seem to be much of a discount especially as there's like 13 orders, where as Ross have a $70 discount plus 10% off accessories. Its intesting is all im saying. Im not complaining in any way. just having a conversation. We've all made our choices and are happy.

CM,

Lots of things have to be taken into consideration when it comes to discounts, maybe Ross has a higher markup and can afford to give a big discount , the monster mill may have smaller margins to work with, at the end of the day no one is going to give a discount if its going to cut into the profits.

Rook

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
3. pbrosnan (WA - Dianella)
9. PoMo (Wollongong)
12. Ray Mills (Wollongong, got him nibbling, anyway ;) )

I know I'm a dick Melbourne guys, but have flopped for a MillMaster with crank+hopper. Order placed. Ross' offer was too outstanding to pass-by... and comparable to Frank's initial pre-order price (which he's said he'll never do again).

I've seen the MM2 in action and it's absolutely fantastic - in fact, my efficiency shot up 5% over my LHBS crush. MM2 would have been my first choice as I wanted to power with a drill for the time being - didn't want to deal with grearing down a motor, pullys, etc. (that's another long-term project). And that's where the MillMaster hand-crank comes in-meets my needs. Hell, I could use the exercise.. and 10kg in 10 minutes is acceptable.

stab.gif
!stab reVox (runs and ducks for cover)

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
3. pbrosnan (WA - Dianella) 1/2 inch shaft
9. PoMo (Wollongong)

Added 1/2 inch shaft.

so for the Monstermill buyers, who's coordinating this bad boy? Ive heard that MM (Frank) only wants to deal with 1 person...
I would hate for this to drag on and fall into a heap and meanwhile all of Ross' stock gets sold. So do we assumne the 13 of us are all happy and can we do the Bulk buy?

Rook - yeah I know all that mate, I was just making conversation. Im happy with the decion ive made. im sure we all are. well except maybe reVox!

Thanks for explaining, Fred. I was simply surprised that the difference between this bulk buy and ordering direct appeared to be just A$5.

No worries Dicko, I'll shuddup now.

Unfortunately there is basically no wholesale discount with Fred, otherwise we would have had his mill for sale on our site. By the time I bring it in & add GST I'm already behind the eight ball. We have something in the pipeline, but for now, Fred's mill offers good value for money.
Franks mill is in a totally different league though & offers fantastic value for money; but yes like a Ford V Rolls Royce, they'll both get you there B)

Franks mill is in a totally different league though & offers fantastic value for money; but yes like a Ford V Rolls Royce, they'll both get you there B)

Ross, you shouldn't put down the Millmaster like that........... :p

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
9. PoMo (Wollongong)
14. Iann (Adelaide - Clovelly Park) 1/2inch shaft

I myself have been looking at the Monster but have now put it on hold as a friend has loaned me his Valley Mill for as long as I need. Back to you question on shafts, I would go the 1/2 inch upgrade. If you ever decide to mount a pulley to motorise it I think you will find that all the pulley's utilise a 1/2 inch shaft. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

BYB

The 1/2 inch shaft will allow you more torque on the roller at start up if you intend to motorise your MM2. That is my basic understanding.

C&B
TDA

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
9. PoMo (Wollongong)
12. Ray Mills (Wollongong, got him nibbling, anyway )
15. The naked brewer (Melbourne, Blackburn)

The 1/2 inch shaft will allow you more torque on the roller at start up if you intend to motorise your MM2. That is my basic understanding.

C&B
TDA

Also means that most pulleys are bored for 1/2 inch shafts as I found out (I have a 3/8 inch shaft on my MM2). Not a total problem per se as the company I bought my pulley from bushed it to 3/8 for me.

All that said it's worth the extra couple of bucks to go for the broader shaft. Given my druthers I'd have done the same. B)

Warren -

ffrancis, could you explain why PayPal adds 5%

umm yer, i found this out after deciding to go the monster. i waited for a good day on the exchange rate and i think from memory it was off by about 5 cents. i cant remember exactly but i think it added an extra 10-15 for no real reason other than paypals whimsy. i hate paypal... but the monster mill is pretty cool :D

Hey Ross, do you still use your 3 roller Crankandstein or have you swapped to the millmaster?

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra)
6. Citymorgue2 (Melbourne, Eastern suburbs - nunawading) 1/2 inch shaft
9. PoMo (Wollongong)
12. Ray Mills (Wollongong, got him nibbling, anyway )
15. The naked brewer (Melbourne, Blackburn)

so for the Monstermill buyers, who's coordinating this bad boy? Ive heard that MM (Frank) only wants to deal with 1 person...
I would hate for this to drag on and fall into a heap and meanwhile all of Ross' stock gets sold. So do we assumne the 13 of us are all happy and can we do the Bulk buy?
bumping question

Latest posts

Back