• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the census is going towards the MashMaster Millmaster.

From what it looks like maybe if anyone wants the Monster Mill they are best ordering in ones or twos on their own as saving doesnt look that big??

Comments? Also keeps business "local" (another plus.....gives Mashmaster and Craftbrewer business)

Any idea on Hopper and handle for the millmaster there Ross??

Cheers, Brett

If of interest....for a minimum of 5 mills, we'll do a one off special of just $199 each, on the Mashmaster Mill.

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

$199 is a very good price for a very good Mill, I can't afford it but I would buy one for that price plus the hopper [any discount on the hopper included] :D .

I use the same hopper for my Monster that I used on my Marga, both mills you have mentioned need mounting and you will eventually motorise the millmaster anyway. Motorising is as easy (use a drill) or as difficult (motor and pulley) as you want to make it, you would have motorised your Marga so your already 1/2 way there.
And your right, the Marga is a good little unit but to my mind is now overpriced considering what you can get for a few more dollars now.

Andrew

Use the same hopper as came with the unit - really don't need to worry about a bigger hopper. And no I haven't motorised my marga - I enjoy the tedium of the manual hand cranking. I crush my grains at beer o'clock Friday while watching Smackdown - really - but everyone knows I'm mad. I actually enjoy bottling beer too (though I love my kegs also).

The point was, new AG virgins without any form of mill, look at what you get before you buy. Unless you can add a stand, a hopper and a grain catcher, make sure you either know how to do it or have someone handy who can. whether you buy a base model millmaster, monster mill or a crankenstein, you can't use it straight away. Be prepared.

Use the same hopper as came with the unit - really don't need to worry about a bigger hopper. And no I haven't motorised my marga - I enjoy the tedium of the manual hand cranking. I crush my grains at beer o'clock Friday while watching Smackdown - really - but everyone knows I'm mad. I actually enjoy bottling beer too (though I love my kegs also).

The point was, new AG virgins without any form of mill, look at what you get before you buy. Unless you can add a stand, a hopper and a grain catcher, make sure you either know how to do it or have someone handy who can. whether you buy a base model millmaster, monster mill or a crankenstein, you can't use it straight away. Be prepared.

Your a better man than me handcranking a Marga Fatgodzilla, I bet you've got arms like the guys on Smackdown :p

Cheers
Andrew

The wife is gong to have my balls for this but....... Im in

1.Dicko ACT
2. pokolbinguy (either a Monster or MasherMaster)
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
6. Dravid (either a Monster or MasherMaster)
7. PoMo
8. Citymorgue2

Have a look at the original millmaster thread

A lot of members had issues driving this mill - and many ended up with a motorised pulley setup

I found that I can drive my MM-3 with a 0.9mm gap pretty easily with a corded drill

Though at $200 the mill master is good value

Cheers

I'm up for a MillMaster at 199.-, and interested in the crank and hopper too.

Nice one guys!!

+1...tentatively, I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates :)

I'm in. Am about to head down to Sydney for the weekend, will check for updates when I get back Sunday night.

Oh yeah, millmaster is my pref.

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
7. PoMo
8. Citymorgue2 (dont care which)
9. Bakkerman
10. Zoddy (tentitive)
11. jlm

As someone who is new to the mill game, can someone just post a list of pros/cons of either mill? It would make things easier for my confuddled mind.

Brewers

Futher correspondense from the Monster Brewing Hardware team;

I can send them in two's to different addresses no problem. As long as one box of two mills can go to an address, its fine. I was talking about an international money order, (like a check, but guranteed funds) sent via regular postal mail, rather than any sort of payment through electronic means.

~~fred

'$ order snail mailed' is explained above.

As it stands, $80 difference between the Monster and the Millmaster provided you can find a second buyer in your area.

Dicko

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
7. PoMo
9. Bakkerman
10. Zoddy (tentitive)
11. jlm
12. mark_m - millmaster

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
7. PoMo
9. Bakkerman
10. Zoddy (tentitive)
11. jlm
12. mark_m - millmaster
13. WWWH - Monster

Look at this, I ask if anyone has a mill they would like to sell and you guys go out and start a bulk buy - GROUP HUG :super:

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
7. PoMo
9. Bakkerman
10. Zoddy (tentitive)
11. jlm
12. mark_m - millmaster
13. WWWH - Monster

So are we going for the Monster or the MashMaster?

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
7. PoMo
9. Bakkerman
10. Zoddy (tentitive)
11. jlm
12. mark_m - millmaster
13. WWWH - Monster

So are we going for the Monster or the MashMaster?

Ahhh, the joys of a bulk buy :(

Andrew

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
7. PoMo
9. Bakkerman (MillMaster)
10. Zoddy (tentitive)
11. jlm - Millmaster
12. mark_m - millmaster
13. WWWH - Monster

Would we have 5 to qualify for Ross' offer of the 199 MillMaster?

I'll go a Millmaster, as long as it's about 3 weeks away... Oh the joys of being paid monthly and interest rate rises :angry:

Back