• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're very quickly forming a sizable army Dicko, let us know when you hear back from any companies that you approach about details.

Your doing well, Dave

1.Dicko ACT
2. pokolbinguy (either a Monster or MasherMaster)
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
6. Dravid (either a Monster or MasherMaster)
7. PoMo

Gotta stop mooching Scotty's mill (and it's all bent now that I dropped it with the drill attached).

I'm tentative depending on how much of a discount we get on one.

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan (WA)
5. Cliffo

I would think there'll be some extra postage.

If of interest....for a minimum of 5 mills, we'll do a one off special of just $199 each, on the Mashmaster Mill.

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

If of interest....for a minimum of 5 mills, we'll do a one off special of just $199 each, on the Mashmaster Mill.

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Hey Dicko that seems like a pretty good price.

Looks like a better mill than the monster mills and has a nice looking body where as the monster mill is a little basic??

What do you think?

What about the hopper and handle Ross? I would like to get a hopper and handle at the same time I think. May aswell get a mill I can use straight away.

1.Dicko ACT
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan (Monster only or the other US one $107 was mentioned)
5. Cliffo
7. PoMo

I was interested in the under 150 AUD bit, I have a Marga so it was for future use ...

How much would they be, and how soon was the bulk buy. I could try and save (being a freaking poor ass uni bum) and grab one

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

It is certainly an attractive offer Rossco, and I (and I am sure most of you) can vouch for Ross and Craftbrewer's excellent quality and service.

Ross, you said $199 on the 'Mashmaster Mill’; I am assuming you mean 'Millmaster'. Correct?

I am happy to go either way. I agree with Pok, the 'Millmaster' (if correct) is a more aesthetic unit as it has an external enclosure. Whether or not it is a better unit, I will let a more knowledged AG brewer decide.

Roller Specs;

Millmaster: 5.4" x 2.7" Rollers
Monster: 6" x 1.5" Rollers

The Team from Monster Brewing Hardware has replied. Conversation as follows; (Please note, despite being branded as a 'Retailer' I do not intend to make a profit from this bulk purchase. I simply want to get the best mill at the best price. I am happy to provide copies of the invoice should the deal eventuate).

Tom,

I can give you our dealer price of $90 each. Its only a small discount on the MM-2 mill because our margins on that mill are very small. I can also save you $$ on postage and send 2 mills for $38. The shipping method I use is the USPS flat rate box, and two of our MM-2 mills fit, and come in under the weight limit. Since I can send two at a time, it wouldn't make as much sense to send an odd # of mills ( I can of course, but then you pay $38 shipping for one mill's delivery effectively doubling the shipping cost for that mill )

for 6 mills = 6x$90 + 3x$38 = $654
for 10 mills = 10x$90 + 5x$38 = $1090
for 16 mills = 16x$90 + 8x$38 = $1744
for 20 mills = 20x$90 + 10x$38 = $2180

As for payment, I would prefer either a wire transfer or an international $ order snail mailed. If you use a wire transfer, I charge a $20 fee, as that's what the bank charges me to accept it. No extra for the $ order. I could also accept paypal if you really wanted to use that, but you have to add 5% to the total charge for the order to cover their fees. We've gotten a lot of interest from the folks on your board....and I really appreciate it. Please do let me know if you decide to order, or would like any additional information.

Thanks,

~~fred francis
Monster Brewing Hardware

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:50 AM
Subject: MM-2 Bulk Purchase

Hello Monster Brewing Hardware Team

I am interested in bulk purchase prices for your MM-2 grain mills.

I am located in Canberra, Australia and represent the brewers of AussieHomeBrewer.com.

Could you please provide separate total prices for your MM-2 grain mill in quantities of 5, 10, 15 and 20 delivered to Australian Postcode 2601.

I feel that providing a bulk discount would encourage the respective brewers to order outside of Australia and increase the exposure of your company to AussiesHomeBrewer.com.

Please contact me if you have any further queries regarding the quote.

Kind regards

Tom Dixon

Business Knowledge - Business Improvement Group
######## and ########

Telephone ## #### ####
Facsimile ## #### ####
Mobile #### ### ###

GPO Box ### Canberra ACT 2601

www.########.com.au www.########.com.au

According to www.xe.com that's about $118ea delivered to ACT, then there would be a further charge for delivery from Canberra + a bottle of your finest for my trouble :D I can contract the seller and find out the weight of the mill for OzPost, but I guessing it will be btwn $10 & $20.

As for payment, I am not 100% what an 'international $ order snail mailed' is, but it comes at no extra cost. I have a PayPal account but that would add $6 extra per mill.

So we are looking at anywhere between $130-$150 for the Monster Mill. Ross has offered the 'Mashmaster Mill' (possibly the Millmaster Mill) for $200.

Brewers, what are your thoughts?

Kind regards

Dicko (ACT Chapter)

BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread ‘Whats Wrong with Hahn’…

It is certainly an attractive offer Rossco, and I (and I am sure most of you) can vouch for Ross and Craftbrewer's excellent quality and service.

Ross, you said $199 on the 'Mashmaster Mill; I am assuming you mean 'Millmaster'. Correct?

I am happy to go either way. I agree with Pok, the 'Millmaster' (if correct) is a more aesthetic unit as it has an external enclosure. Whether or not it is a better unit, I will let a more knowledged AG brewer decide.

Roller Specs;

Millmaster: 5.4" x 2.7" Rollers
Monster: 6" x 1.5" Rollers

The Team from Monster Brewing Hardware has replied. Conversation as follows; (Please note, despite being branded as a 'Retailer' I do not intend to make a profit from this bulk purchase. I simply want to get the best mill at the best price. I am happy to provide copies of the invoice should the deal eventuate).

Tom,

I can give you our dealer price of $90 each. Its only a small discount on the MM-2 mill because our margins on that mill are very small. I can also save you $$ on postage and send 2 mills for $38. The shipping method I use is the USPS flat rate box, and two of our MM-2 mills fit, and come in under the weight limit. Since I can send two at a time, it wouldn't make as much sense to send an odd # of mills ( I can of course, but then you pay $38 shipping for one mill's delivery effectively doubling the shipping cost for that mill )

for 6 mills = 6x$90 + 3x$38 = $654
for 10 mills = 10x$90 + 5x$38 = $1090
for 16 mills = 16x$90 + 8x$38 = $1744
for 20 mills = 20x$90 + 10x$38 = $2180

As for payment, I would prefer either a wire transfer or an international $ order snail mailed. If you use a wire transfer, I charge a $20 fee, as that's what the bank charges me to accept it. No extra for the $ order. I could also accept paypal if you really wanted to use that, but you have to add 5% to the total charge for the order to cover their fees. We've gotten a lot of interest from the folks on your board....and I really appreciate it. Please do let me know if you decide to order, or would like any additional information.

Thanks,

~~fred francis
Monster Brewing Hardware

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:50 AM
Subject: MM-2 Bulk Purchase

Hello Monster Brewing Hardware Team

I am interested in bulk purchase prices for your MM-2 grain mills.

I am located in Canberra, Australia and represent the brewers of AussieHomeBrewer.com.

Could you please provide separate total prices for your MM-2 grain mill in quantities of 5, 10, 15 and 20 delivered to Australian Postcode 2601.

I feel that providing a bulk discount would encourage the respective brewers to order outside of Australia and increase the exposure of your company to AussiesHomeBrewer.com.

Please contact me if you have any further queries regarding the quote.

Kind regards

Tom Dixon

Business Knowledge - Business Improvement Group
######## and ########

Telephone ## #### ####
Facsimile ## #### ####
Mobile #### ### ###

GPO Box ### Canberra ACT 2601

www.########.com.au www.########.com.au

According to www.xe.com that's about $118ea delivered to ACT, then there would be a further charge for delivery from Canberra + a bottle of your finest for my trouble :D I can contract the seller and find out the weight of the mill for OzPost, but I guessing it will be btwn $10 & $20.

As for payment, I am not 100% what an 'international $ order snail mailed' is, but it comes at no extra cost. I have a PayPal account but that would add $6 extra per mill.

So we are looking at anywhere between $130-$150 for the Monster Mill. Ross has offered the 'Mashmaster Mill' (possibly the Millmaster Mill) for $200.

Kind regards

Dicko (ACT Chapter)

I'm keen to be involved - prefer the millmaster.
I may have misread the Monster blurb, but it looks as if we need to add US$15 for a drive shaft - included with the millmaster.
Factor that in with local supply etc etc ---- 1 vote for Millmaster.
Let the debate continue.
Mark

Kind regards

Dicko (ACT Chapter)

Very nice work all that Dicko, however, I just jumped on MonsterMill's Paypal page and we can get them delivered individually for $137*see edit each. So for ACT brewers (who can collect from your place) that's ok, but the rest of us would be paying postage twice... On an item that has such small margins, maybe it's worth going solo on this one?
Sorry if I'm raining on parades here... It's just that I've been watching prices and suppliers for a while now - MonsterMill is the very best value-for-money mill out there, IMO.

EDIT: Oops, $137 US dollars, which should read as $150 AUS... My bad on missing the exchange rate...! Carry on, as you were..

just got a monster mill from the US for $150 aus dollars tomy door in 7 working days

i dont know that you can beat that

Brewers... I just dragged myself out of bed as I forgot to state the most important part.

Kleiny's Monster mill cost him $150 posted.

The bulk buy, could vary from $130-150 if delivered to Canberra. However, two mills can be posted to the same address for $38USD using a 'USPS flat rate box'.

I will contact Monster Brewing Equipment in the morning as ask if it is possible to send boxes of two separately under the same bulk order. I am reasonably confident they would approve this.

Therefore, if you can find another mill buyer in your area you can split the postage cost and score a Monster Mill (MM-2) for $120.

Dicko

Very nice work all that Dicko, however, I just jumped on MonsterMill's Paypal page and we can get them delivered individually for $137*see edit each. So for ACT brewers (who can collect from your place) that's ok, but the rest of us would be paying postage twice... On an item that has such small margins, maybe it's worth going solo on this one?
Sorry if I'm raining on parades here... It's just that I've been watching prices and suppliers for a while now - MonsterMill is the very best value-for-money mill out there, IMO.

EDIT: Oops, $137 US dollars, which should read as $150 AUS... My bad on missing the exchange rate...! Carry on, as you were..

Haha... You beat me to the punch.

Please see my follow up re this.

I may have misread the Monster blurb, but it looks as if we need to add US$15 for a drive shaft - included with the millmaster.

Seems so Mark_m... :p

The Monster comes with a 3/8" integral drive shaft w/3 flats for drill driving, 2" long outside frame. The extra $15US gives you a 1/2" Drive Shaft.

Hey Dicko that seems like a pretty good price.

Looks like a better mill than the monster mills and has a nice looking body where as the monster mill is a little basic??

What do you think?

What about the hopper and handle Ross? I would like to get a hopper and handle at the same time I think. May aswell get a mill I can use straight away.

I would lean towards the local product at the price Ross quoted too. I'd also be after the hopper and handle.

Yes guys, just to confirm I am offering the millmaster :)

cheers Ross

Just adding the rider that if you are buying the monster mill, there is no hopper, no grain catcher, no crank handle. I have no doubt its a bloody good unit, but what turns me off is

1. I'm bloody useless at making things. I doubt I could make a stand for the mill that will allow me to catch the crushed grain or a hopper of any substance.

2. I would need to buy a drill to drive the beastie - what would the 1/2 drive do ? Is there a hand cranker for the monster mill ?

The saving for technically minded blokes will not flow through to us non techies. Remember that when choosing the mill you want. Frank's Millmaster will be more expensive but he does have a hopper and hand crank available. And you know it too is a bloody good unit.

I'll stay with my little marga just yet - sure its a bit slow but for my 23l batches, it suits me and allows me to buy other toys such as a false bottom.

Think about these things before you buy.

Just adding the rider that if you are buying the monster mill, there is no hopper, no grain catcher, no crank handle. I have no doubt its a bloody good unit, but what turns me off is

1. I'm bloody useless at making things. I doubt I could make a stand for the mill that will allow me to catch the crushed grain or a hopper of any substance.

2. I would need to buy a drill to drive the beastie - what would the 1/2 drive do ? Is there a hand cranker for the monster mill ?

The saving for technically minded blokes will not flow through to us non techies. Remember that when choosing the mill you want. Frank's Millmaster will be more expensive but he does have a hopper and hand crank available. And you know it too is a bloody good unit.

I'll stay with my little marga just yet - sure its a bit slow but for my 23l batches, it suits me and allows me to buy other toys such as a false bottom.

Think about these things before you buy.

I use the same hopper for my Monster that I used on my Marga, both mills you have mentioned need mounting and you will eventually motorise the millmaster anyway. Motorising is as easy (use a drill) or as difficult (motor and pulley) as you want to make it, you would have motorised your Marga so your already 1/2 way there.
And your right, the Marga is a good little unit but to my mind is now overpriced considering what you can get for a few more dollars now.

Andrew

Back