Vlad's Perth AHB Gathering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The macgilla tribe will rock up around 4ish. We will bring a few nibbles and I'd be interested in some critiques of my CRAPA(Christmas APA) and a few pointers in where my american light lager(Read craft brewed megaswill :( ) went wrong. See you all this arvo.

Righto I'm still in for this arvo.
Anyone up for car pooling? (I'm close to Warwick shopping centre off Erindale Rd)
My beer is still in the primary so don't think it will make an appearance this arvo, but will have it all kegged up for Vlad's brew day.
Dammit I should have brought over my carbonation caps so I could have gassed up a few bottles :unsure:
Oh well just look for a tall unshaven dude drinking Corona :blink:

Cyas there

Hoops

Just wondering is this turning into an arvo/ dinner thing? I might try and convince Mrs ausdb to come past after work but that won't be till 6:45-7pm. Does anyone plan to stay around that long?

The macgillas will be hanging around till 6.30 then off home to put jr off to sleep. I'd jump at the lift option. See you later this arvo.

have a good one fellas.hope to be joining the tribe gathering next year

cheers
big d

big d said:
hope to be joining the tribe gathering next year

cheers
big d
[post="99745"][/post]​

How is the house coming dave? Mine just got the cement render on the walls, fingers crossed to be finished at the end of march ;)

last i heard jason the roof should be on before xmas .still aiming for a mid year finish.

cheers
dave

A very relaxed gathering it was too. In a park, on the river, not too hot, plenty of beer, lots of good food and good company. A very relaxing way to spend a Wednesday.

Here Goat, Chillamagilla, Mrs Chillamagilla, Chillamgailla jnr, Barfridge cant believe I dragged a wheely bin all the way down there with two kegs in it.

group1.jpg

Deebee and Hoops lost interest when it got too dark to see the lyrca clad babes rollerblading on the cycle path.

group2.jpg

Barfridge and Vlad the Pale Aler arguing over whether asian rock sugar is the same as candi sugar, while everyone else is watching the lycra clad babes on the cycle path.

group3.jpg

Great to catch up guys. I better get out the selsun blue after scratching the scalp with all the lycra..... :D Great to meet Hoops, I look forward to catching up at Vlads.Barf, the Burswood security caught me with the chiller on CCTV and I spent 2hrs at Perth Central explaining that it is not used for making bombs, well possibly for making the Helles Ice Cream type. Great pretzels again Ausdb.

Cheerio and see you at the West Coast Brewers meeting on the 9th? Yes, the metamorphorsis is nearly complete, AG is round the corner.

:beer:

Great afternoon, thanks guys. Was great to meet the Chillamacgillas and of course the usual suspects from Perth.

Great spot, will definitely be going back to soak up the great scenery with a few more beers. Alot of head scratching going on that's for sure.

Looking foward to both the WCB meeting and of course the brew day at Vlad's, will have both the Wit and the IRA in the keg so should be good times :chug:

Hoops

Vlad do you know what buses go near your place from the city?

Or anyone else for that matter?

The nearest route is 241 from Kelmscott train station to Roleystone. You would get off near Colli Timber on Brookton Highway. Closest intersection is Brookton Hwy & Hill St.

this thing is useful

I will pm everyone closer to the date with full details.

Hi all, i just discovered this thread and was wondering if there was room for one more at the brew day. Would love to see someone elses set up. I wont have any beer to bring as im sure my last keg full is getting consumed tonight but i wont be boozing anyway as a ong drive back to Bakers Hill with a belly full. Glad to hear the burswood went well. Any way best wishes and Happy New Year to all. :beer:

Very welcome to come along Recharge, and of course any other Perth brewers, just let me know a bit closer to the 14th and I will pm details.

To those who havent been before, its nothing daunting, just a bunch of beer anoraks swapping tastings and advice while generally helping out ( aaahaha!) with the brew that should be going on in the background.
So come along, bring your latest offering or something exotic and maybe some beery nibblies.

Cheers Vlad ill check that the missus doesnt have anything planned for me but should be sweet.

.... I'm bringing an IPA on the weekend. "here that vlad"... An Ale!!!

deebee - The Asher Bus can make a stop at your door if you'd like. Will be picking up from 'Trash Mash' Als as well.... Fending for myself on the way home though.

Asher

Asher,

Cheers that'd be great. I might see if Mrs Deebee (God don't tell her I called her that) will pick us up.

DB

Latest posts

Back