Vlad's Perth AHB Gathering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to have been a great day, appologies for being a no-show. Things just didn't work out in the end :(

It sure was the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Big thanks to Ian for hosting such a great get-together (btw - I don't know anything about any contamination in your water supply should any become evident). Thanks also to Deebee and Big Al for lifts there and back respectively.

Crikey I did some damage to the Dalton this morning :blink:

Cheers

Ben

Thanks Ian for your generous hospitality and a great brewday. I have missed the doh' in :D at previous brewdays and it was great seeing a brew right from the beginning. I once again cannot recommend enough the value of chatting to other brewers and sharing the knowledge base(EG: The weizen 30 degree rule eh asher). Thanks also to Hoops for bringing some balmy QLD weather for the day.

I look forward to the next catch up.

BTW - How are those quiches going Barf?

OK I have found the keg that Hoops dropped off at the front of my place, thanks. But I cant find the quiche that Barf was going to drop at everyones door. Did you leave it in reach of the dogs Barf?

Thanks Ian for hosting a great day.
It was great to meet you all, I think i soaked up a lot of info.
I hope you dont mind if i steal some of your ideas Ian.
Hope to see you all again.
For those interested in a wine brew day i will post when i get an idea of dates for grapes
probably not as easy to organise as a beer day and the process is not as long but hey more time to drink beer.

:beer:

Richard

Great day Vlad.... Niice setup you have there, plenty of room for expansion as well...
Heaps of top beers and only needed to turn my back once (when a batch sparge was implemented....)

By the way the hopping schedule for the IPA turned out to be more complex than I remembered including FWhopping a shitload of Amarillo..

Mash #39 - Big IPA
Anticipated IBU: 46.7
Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
50.00 g. Amarillo Gold Pellet 8.50 29.2 First WH
42.00 g. Cascade Plug 4.50 13.4 60 min.
42.00 g. Cascade Plug 4.50 2.7 10 min.
28.00 g. Goldings - E.K. Plug 4.20 1.4 5 min.
40.00 g. Amarillo Gold Pellet 8.50 0.0 0 min.
42.00 g. Cascade Plug 4.50 0.0 0 min.

Asher for now

Cheers Vlad,
'For the brewday in the hills, only sorry I didnt stay around for the latter part of proceedings..

Till next we all meet

Case

Thanks for attending all, it was a bit easier than I had anticipated.
The beer missed its target by a country mile, so I'll call it somethimg else and drink it sooner.

Asher- you're not a real brewer unless you batch sparge. ;)

(If anyone has any unwanted ball valves, you know where to send them, I'm sure I can fit a few more on)

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
Thanks for attending all, it was a bit easier than I had anticipated.

(If anyone has any unwanted ball valves, you know where to send them, I'm sure I can fit a few more on)
[post="102832"][/post]​

Thanks for a great day Vlad top effort.

I do have a few spare 2" gate valves which would look nice somewhere, maybe you could use them as drains from the mash tun?

Quiche? I arrived home only to be met with "Oh, so I dont have to try and impress you mates now". I didn't even get any bloody quiche.

Don't talk to me about quiche

Someone mentioned to me that they had a spare 50L keg that they were willing to part with. I can't remeber who it was :chug: . Anyone?

Latest posts

Back