Visit to Newtown

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judanero

Yeast maketh the beer.
Reaction score
So the Boss lady and I will be heading down to see Jim Jeffries at the Enmore tomorrow night, can anyone recommend any good pubs around Newtown?

Somewhere with a decent tap selection?

So u are actually going to Enmore...
Within walking distance of the Enmore I presume? Not really... I recently saw a sign at the Duke of Edinburgh that claimed to have craft beer...

i was at the Duke of Edinburgh on sat night, before seeing David O' Doherty (who drank there afterwards - he announced it during the show)

they have about 4 craft beers on tap, but cant remember them, One was a stout

I ended up drinking Coopers Selection, which was nice. Its a nice pub with a good vibe, and pretty much next door to the Enmore theatre

Jim Jefferies will be awesome, Enjoy

+1 for Union hotel, it's not even a 10 min walk.

I was at the duke on anzac day, they had a blueberry hefe, coopers selection, quiet deeds ipa, thatchers cider and something else...

The Union on King street for sure. 10 min walk if not wearing high heels... or the missus is not wearing high heels, either

First stop, go to the Courthouse Hotel, only 5 minute walk to the theatre.
Great beer garden, great food, cheap too, brilliant people watching, young and not so young and best of all, they have a good, changing list of craft beers.

Last time I was in Enmore we tried to find young Henrys but were too drunk to find it.

Young Henry's is great, but it shuts at 7pm now. The bloody Neighbors complained about the noise when it was open til 9. When you buy a house in Enmore, under a flight path and just up the road from the Enmore theatre, you're not going to get any peace and quiet on a weekend!

Bribie mate, it's here

Maybe hit Young Henry's early if you can. The Union, as others said, great. By far the biggest selection of quality beers and great vibes too.

So we ended up just going to the Duke of Edinborough.. Not bad, pretty packed (may have been due to the show on at the theatre) and I tried one of six strings-"Celtic fusion" (Which was a really nice coffee stout) and a beer called "The local" or something, and apparently it "doesn't have a beer style, it's just really malty" (according to the barman) which was almost a Amber ale.

Really enjoyed the coffee stout, Jim Jeffries was a crack up, but copped a $101 parking fine for parking in a 1hr parking spot (at 2000) so that was a bit of a bummer before heading back up the freeway.

Latest posts

Back