Victorian Microbreweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Reaction score
I have some Kiwi friends coming over for a week in early December and I am their tour guide while they are in the country.
Apart from catching up with some friends what they are really looking forward to is visiting some of our microbreweries and sampling as many beers as possible.

We will be spending a few days in Kyabram and then heading down the Great Ocean Road for a couple of days.

Can anyone recommend any microbreweries in those areas or not too far out of the way that I can take them too?

Holgate at Woodend is brilliant, and likely on your way from kyabram to the great ocean road. Great selection of beers, including the esb and one other on the 2 handpumps. Not to be missed IMHO

dont we have something around the city where public transport is easy to come by? I dont want to get stopped by coppers no matter how good the drink is.

Might wanna check out Mrs. Parmas as well if you're not to keen to drive, they stock tonnes of beer from victorian breweries, good way to find out what beers you wanna sample before you make the treck to the brewery.

Enjoy

Aaron

If you're heading down the Great Ocean Road be sure to come in and say hi to me at Otway Estate where I'll be brewing Prickly Moses beer. Just ask for me at the cellar door and if it's a weekday and I'll do my best to give you a personal guided tour.

I think that Red Duck are a fair way down the track of moving from Camperdown to Ballarat but Holgate's is definitely worth a visit.

Look forward to seeing you :)

Hendo

Hendo & Luke are good hosts out at otway estate as is Matt & Sharon at the Forrest brewery both are worth a call, hope you have designated driver

If you're heading down the Great Ocean Road be sure to come in and say hi to me at Otway Estate where I'll be brewing Prickly Moses beer. Just ask for me at the cellar door and if it's a weekday and I'll do my best to give you a personal guided tour.

I think that Red Duck are a fair way down the track of moving from Camperdown to Ballarat but Holgate's is definitely worth a visit.

Look forward to seeing you :)

Hendo

Thanks for the input guys, will see how many of them we can fit in on our travels (it's mainly a photographic trip with the microbrewery visits thrown in along the way)

I will do my best to get into the Otway Estate for a tour Hendo

Latest posts

Back