VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think so. Just make sure the compmaster label is secured to the bottle and ideally waterproof - the little ziplock snack bags are ideal, as the ink might run if/when it gets wet.

Might be wrong though. Hope not, as I didn't use them.

Yob said:
rookie mistake..

bottle cap ID up to shit, cant seem to extract it from compmaster..

Problem?
No, not a problem as long as you've got the correct compmaster label on the bottle. We put our own internal labels over any bottle cap ID anyway for the comp. It's just a double-check in case the cap label falls off.

At Ballarat Home brew centre to dropand pickup has left before 12 (now 11:40)... How can I get them to you???

At Ballarat Home brew centre to dropand pickup has left before 12 (now 11:40)... How can I get them to you???

I just left a message with the guy that's picking up. Hopefully he's not too far away, but he's got a lot of different drop points to get to today & maybe unable to go back in time.

Thanks, I left my number but took the bottles with me. They close at 1PM.. Kinglake road trip?

Saturday is out for me. Nephew is playing in his footy grand final. Count me in for Sunday Martin.

dan@twtr_dan said:
Thanks, I left my number but took the bottles with me. They close at 1PM.. Kinglake road trip?
Smart move! The bloke doing most of the pickups has a very hectic day (from memory, he did over 800Km last year to pick up entries) & can't be everywhere at once. That's why we ask that regional pickup points get their bottles in before, or very early on the pickup day.

I was joking about the Kinglake drop-off (meant as a disincentive to last-minute people who can't get their act-together). I'll get you a mailing address & PM you.

Curly79 said:
Saturday is out for me. Nephew is playing in his footy grand final. Count me in for Sunday Martin.
No problems. We'll need more Stewards on the Sunday anyway & you can come in/out with me (Tracy will be driving, as I'll be in "utter relief-time to have a few beers" mode by then).

EDIT: Compmaster has been manually shut-off for any more entries as of about 1pm today, so anyone trying to enter late has no chance. Them's the rules gent's!

OK gents, the numbers are in.

408 entries. Thankfully, 200 down on last year (phew!).

I won't post-up the details, but suffice it to say that anyone entering the Specialty category, or thinking their RIS is REALLY, REALLY good are between a rock & a hard place & up against some really stiff competition.

Good luck to all.

Martin

.. RIS will be the category to get shit faced on ..LMAO ..good luck to those judges!.... RIS is a favourite of quite a few..so this is to be expected!

I definitely wouldn't want to be a judge in that category. Towards the end, it'll be a Kodak-moment (if they're not already under the table, giggling & talking in braille).

I was just thinking last night that RIS is probably the only style I've had enough examples of to consider myself for judging. And then I thought about that carpet under the judging table...

My brother in law invented the Massey Ferguson scale for judging these things: each month since the sump oil was last changed is an extra point.

MartinOC said:
I won't post-up the details, but suffice it to say that anyone entering the Specialty category, or thinking their RIS is REALLY, REALLY good are between a rock & a hard place & up against some really stiff competition.
Specialty is a huge cat (always is).. I would assume a few tables judging?

RIS is going to be sooo good this year..

I think AHB is the place where any 'live' results are posted IIRC?

Good luck to all the entrants.

I haven't got anything in this year...but big thanks to all involved in making it happen anyway.

Sorry I can't be there to help out.

Have fun.

An exciting weekend indeed. I am stewarding tomorrow, the pick of the days IMO because the results get announced on Sunday once judging has been completed.

Latest posts

Back