VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... I don't get the reference, but Glenn (Reg) is always welcome in any capacity (judging preferred, since we'll need more of them this year with the queued-judging regime).

We'll need to break the back of the judging on Saturday & hopefully just cruise through Sunday (I thought that last year & it turned into a mega-stressful bun-fight to get through the remaining entries).

I'm hopeful we'll get the number of bodies required this year...

Dear Martin and all, just submitted my volunteer form (sorry for my tardiness).. Anyway, as promised last year, happy to make myself available either or both days.

Hey Dan,

Thanks & welcome aboard! We'll always need bodies to do stuff & of course, there's lots of free beer....... ;)

whoops, just volunteered then realized it's my son's birthday party, so need to look at time DOH

Hey VicBrew Posse...

Two questions:
  1. How many entries are you allowed to have per category? Cannot seem to find that info.
  2. When do volunteers find out if they're needed? With the comp being just 3-weeks away, I need to know if I need to set a day aside.
Jah bless.

1. Entry rules are 2 per category, 1 per sub-style.

Can't understand why you had trouble finding them. They're in the small-print at the bottom of the paper entry form, right after "75% of all profits from Vicbrew will be used to put-up the organising Committee in a Bahamas resort of their choice for a week". B)

2. Once the entries close this weekend, we'll have a good idea of the scale of the task ahead of us & will then contact all the judges & stewards so they can organise their leave-passes with the significant other.

All-hail the Dark Lord! :p

99pcmo.jpg
when vicbrew finishes

gday, just wondering if volunteers are needed for the weekend of vicbrew 2016. I am willing to put my handup for a job. Im happy to do whatever. I have entered a couple of beers and would love to help out, if needed. i havnt sent my entry details yet online. So if needed i can volunteer that way. Also i dont have any beer judgeing qualifcations! cheers malc

No qualifications needed, just a willingness to get stuck-in & help-out.

Register your willingness in the linky above & be prepared for a lot of fun. This IS supposed to be fun, we're doing beer, right???

Entries booked in :) Some new experiments/receipes in there.. so will be good to get some helpful feedback..

Hi Guys,

We had the final Vicbrew committee meeting last night & thrashed-out a few last-minute bits & pieces.

One item for discussion was late entries. The consensus was that they won't be accepted after the cut-off time on Saturday at the designated drop-off points (unless you want to drop to me in Kinglake...... :blink: ). We've had all the dates & locations out there for a very long time & I've posted-up reminders here a few times, so there's no excuses.

Cut-off means cut-off....

If you'd like to help-out (preferably on the Sunday), please complete the form here: http://goo.gl/forms/KDNbQApRGF2A7Wqz2

Cheers,

Martin

In winter? Go for it! I'll take photo's :D

Hey Mardoo...You playing Steward this year? You're not on the list.

Dear Committee, this may be a silly question, but I just wanted to check that Ballarat Home Brew Centre is still on the drop/collection point since the recent change in ownership.. I just wanted to to double check in case I needed to get to G&G on Saturday for a mercy dash.. (which is always not a bad thing..)

Latest posts

Back